PDA

View Full Version : Disable DHT (?? Beyond the Guide)

Defy
08-26-2007, 06:36 PM
I've been looking through all the guides I could find on how to disable DHT after my Demonoid UP/DL ratio went a little haywire. Luckily I've found some very helpful tutorials on how to disable this feature.. but I'm still left with one minor question.

I've seen this option shown differently on many of the guides I've looked at, however the rest of the information is the same on how to disable DHT. So, my question is this.. does it matter what I set the option to?

Tools --> Options --> Sharing --> "Protocol for shared resources" -- Currently it is set on Decentralised does it need to be set on HTTP or does it not matter?

Screenshot for clarification:
http://www.photobucket.com/albums/v489/socpixels/dhtquestion.jpg

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

Adebisi
08-26-2007, 10:21 PM
That option is for sharing files using the embedded AZ tracker. If you want to do this, you can choose HTTP for "standard" tracking and set up your tracker, or choose Decentralised for DHT tracking.

If you're disabling DHT because of private torrents from trackers, this option will not affect those torrents.

I think Demonoid ratio get screwed up pretty easy anyway, whether it's DHT, changing IPs between starting and stopping the torrent or just server load.