PDA

View Full Version : hacked trackers

bob2500
08-26-2007, 08:33 PM
piratetorrents, piratetracker, powerbits,swetorrents, swepirates, nordicdvdr,scn,rts, leechbits, pp, swebits, bestxvid

if u have an account on 1 of this trackers
change your pass and email!!!

Salvia
08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
when was SCN hacked?

weenden
08-26-2007, 08:55 PM
oh crap

znik
08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
You cannot change your registered email on many trackers...
For example on SCN, and would be pretty pointless.

The only measure we could take would be a pretty hard passwd on our registered email, so as to recover our account when a thief steals it...
People who use the same passwd on their registered email as well are totally careless.

_coder_
08-26-2007, 09:26 PM
You cannot change your registered email on many trackers...
For example on SCN, and would be pretty pointless.

The only measure we could take would be a pretty hard passwd on our registered email, so as to recover our account when a thief steals it...
People who use the same passwd on their registered email as well are totally careless.

Very True

Something Else
08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
_coder_ that's not a good idea for a sig mate. they like their privacy!!! :swear:

titofat
08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
scn-rts hacked ????
are you sure man ????

znik
08-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Change your passwds just in case titofat.

There is probably a userbase leak, as I have read.

wildbytes
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
just make sure to change all your passwords. I would not worry about your email accounts, unless for some strange and crazy reason you use the same password for both.

Wild

titofat
08-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Change your passwds just in case titofat.

There is probably a userbase leak, as I have read.

ok znik thanks and i will do it

znik
08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
SCN seems to have recovered, but still my passwd is not accepted and I cannot retrieve my passwd either...
It says that my email is not found in their userbase... :wacko:

fstemon
08-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Go to their IRC channel and talk to a mod.

pandapop
08-26-2007, 10:47 PM
You gotta ask the question tho.. is it really worth recovering? :P

znik
08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Ok, everything is ok now. My email was found!
Probably the userbase was not up then.
I changed my passwd too and hopefully we won't be hacked again.

dml
08-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Titofat, yes RTS & ScN have been hacked and you HAVE to change your password or at least change your email password, because I can see you in both those trackers databases from the file thats circling on the internet.
I'm also in those files and have already change my passwords!!

LaPistola
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
this sucks why are all these trackers being hacked?

Something Else
08-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Thanks znik and wild. TBH I recovered all my passwords long ago when these 'scandals' started popping up. I blame the sceners...... ;)

SiNa
08-26-2007, 11:24 PM
shit. swebits isnt working, is it because of the hack?
and btw, what is the url of nordicdvdr? thanks

LaPistola
08-27-2007, 12:50 AM
anyone who has access to the list would you tell me if I am on it for RTS? Same nik.
And just out of curiosity where does one obtain such a list?
Note- I am no hacker, and am not interested in stealing ANY accounts that are not mine

garherd
08-27-2007, 12:56 AM
piratetorrents, piratetracker, powerbits,swetorrents, swepirates, nordicdvdr,scn,rts, leechbits, pp, swebits, bestxvid

if u have an account on 1 of this trackers
change your pass and email!!!

You can add TT to the list. My account was hacked today. Luckily I caught it in time.:angry:

eLucid
08-27-2007, 01:10 AM
anyone who has access to the list would you tell me if I am on it for RTS? Same nik.

LaPistola ross***@gmail.com bbea61193fcd6180eea7ca14d******* 68.193.***.***

:(

Edit: Only md5 hashes were provided, and a quick reverse hash lookup of your password was unsuccessful, so you don't have too much to worry about. If you want to be extra safe, you should change that password if it's on other sites.

LaPistola
08-27-2007, 01:13 AM
dam :( oh well i changed all my passes as soon as I foulnd out :) including my e-mail, but I don't like the fact that my ip and e-mail is out there maybe I ought to change that to

Sawyer2020
08-27-2007, 01:20 AM
changed all passes on all sites

solaris
08-27-2007, 02:24 AM
the hackers have made a habit to hack the same sites

game1283
08-27-2007, 07:44 AM
I think password hashes cannot be reverse hash.. so how can they use it?

znik
08-27-2007, 07:59 AM
There are some trackers, like bitmeTV and bitme for example, that do not send a confirmation email to your old email account when you attempt to change the registered email.

What if a thief finds a leaked bitmeTV userbase, enters someone's account and changes the registered passwd? :shutup:

sear
08-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Ah, don't even say it znik :cry: that would be terrible for a lot of people out there including me.

btw I see your a four star general now. I'll have to pay you a bit more respect.

eLucid
08-27-2007, 08:13 AM

You're right. It's very difficult to reverse a hash unless the password is simple, or a rainbow table is used. Unfortunately, there's a fault in the cookie system used by the TB source, which makes it possible to get into an account with only a hash.

game1283
08-27-2007, 08:13 AM
There are some trackers, like bitmeTV and bitme for example, that do not send a confirmation email to your old email account when you attempt to change the registered email.

What if a thief finds a leaked bitmeTV userbase, enters someone's account and changes the registered passwd? :shutup:

Sorry, I didn't get it.. how could they enter someone's account if the passwords are hashed? isn't it the passwords at userbases are hashed?

You're right. It's very difficult to reverse a hash unless the password is simple, or a rainbow table is used. Unfortunately, there's a fault in the cookie system used by the TB source, which makes it possible to get into an account with only a hash.

OMG:frusty: we're dead:O

znik
08-27-2007, 08:22 AM
the recent BitHDTV leak with the nicknames along with their passwds available to anyone, proves that we are not at all secure game1283...

I think that all trackers should at least not permit the change of the registered email, or do it after serious consideration.

blackbird
08-27-2007, 08:44 AM
i think someone just exploited a common vulnerabilty which all these trackers had.. :(

one exploit and lot of vulnerable trackers ... i say site with nice coders are still intact

vizouk
08-27-2007, 09:04 AM
i think sct coder djgrrr ts very good and sct its safe.

fstokebanget
08-27-2007, 09:10 AM
is it true that scn and rts has been hacked ? could someone confirm this?

Fibo
08-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Damn whats up with all these hacks, a password stealing's.

fook3d
08-27-2007, 09:46 AM

Sort of correct, If you have a relatively simple password, Then its relatively simple to crack.

MD5 hashing is still uncrackable to some degree, But there are MD5 databases created now around the net where you enter the MD5 hash into a text box, Hit enter and it will search the whole database.

If there is a match, You are hacked.

My advice to everyone would be to use really strong passwords, Something that has no meaning to you or anyone else. Store them all in a text file after you have done it.

-dfff4jnmn-££-hjknjdh- would be secure ;)

game1283
08-27-2007, 10:17 AM
as long as my favorite site TEOFEFJIFJEF is not hacked..:D
they have very strong security measures there:happy:

fstemon
08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
-dfff4jnmn-££-hjknjdh- would be secure ;)

Not as secure as you think it is. There's a pattern in your password.

blackbird
08-27-2007, 10:46 AM
want to create a strong password ?? try creating a gmail account .. if the gmail says the password is strong .. it is strong .. :)

Durkslag
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Just type random, both lower and uppercase, numbers and symbols.
Like:

Gy6*t3@XD0 :)

After a while you've probably learned it by heart.

dr0w
08-27-2007, 01:01 PM
or just get the tracker to generate a new one to you? :)

Melvinmeow
08-27-2007, 01:06 PM
or just get the tracker to generate a new one to you? :)

Thats what I normally do.

Its random on most trackers...
As long as I dont clear my cookies im ussually all set.

Once I clear cookies then I just do recoveries everywhere.

AugustoP
08-27-2007, 01:12 PM
I use random.org to generate passwords. They say their random number generator uses atmospheric noise as an input, it doesn't make your passwords stronger but that's just funny.

Melvinmeow
08-27-2007, 01:20 PM
I use random.org to generate passwords. They say their random number generator uses atmospheric noise as an input, it doesn't make your passwords stronger but that's just funny.

Thats the first time I hear of someone using atmospheric sounds to generate passwords lol

If you fart in the atmosphere will it give it an even more distinct generation maybe?

Alco23
08-27-2007, 01:35 PM
If you fart in the atmosphere will it give it an even more distinct generation maybe?

Wouldn't it be the opposite and be more diffuse? :lol:

mestari
08-27-2007, 01:44 PM
I just let every tracker to generate a new password for me..!
After that I stored every one with useful freeware program KeePass Password Safe.
Now I should be safe and thank God that I have unique passwords for my email accs.

KevinGarnet
08-27-2007, 01:46 PM
mhm.. all accs on trackers which were mentioned were hacked and all passwords were shown?

KeFaS
08-27-2007, 04:21 PM
The.Owner.Of.SWEBiTS.BUSTED.READ.NFO-iND :ph34r: :lol:

LaPistola
08-27-2007, 04:28 PM
mhm.. all accs on trackers which were mentioned were hacked and all passwords were shown?

Password hashes were shown

mestari
08-27-2007, 04:28 PM

I just checked it out. Too bad :( They're giving out all details of that guy...

Salvia
08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
wow...the amount of info dropped is just wrong

sear
08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Yah I read it too, but he's posted on sct that he doesn't care and all the info was already available anyway. But to send around his picture and a phone call like that :pinch: if it was me I'd be pissed off.

LaPistola
08-27-2007, 04:50 PM
More info after this nfo Swebits.org.uploader.anonym.aka.koofs.SCENER.busted-iND
Busted this guy "Anonym" as koofs on the scene.
IP masks: [email protected].*.* (ADDED on some sites)
We know that this guy have a slave, to so be carefull.
But the real thing is that Anonym is GYRAN, the owner of swebits!
After the bust of all uploaders (gr8 jobb) we learned more...
And after this we got : He lives in f*lun (D*LA*NA) , name is Gu**av and born in 19*9.
We started searching some more information and we got much things :)
/THIS IS GYRAN , THE OWNER OF SWEBiTS, 100 % ! BUSTED!\
Name: Gu**av Ah**erg
Address: El*v*t*gen 1*
Zipcode: 7*1*4
City: F*l*n
Social Security number: 19**0407-**** (DUDE you cant change your security number :))
Mobile Number: 0*3-6*158*9
Home Number: 0*3-3*9*2
E-mail: gu**av.ah**[email protected] ([email protected])
IP: 2*3.6*.1*2.5* ( h53n1fl****862.tel**.com ) (PERHAPS CHANGED, dynamic)

Like you can se in his profile his born date, is 04-07.
We added image his profile on Swebits and on him self. Look at the proof folder.
We added some more proofs, images donate/donate2 , that he is the real owner of swebits.
We added proofs that he is the owner of swebits, listen to the call we found. Look at the proof folder.
"Är du ägaren av Swebits?" "Ja, svarade gyran"
"Are you the owner of Swebits?" "Yes, gyran answered"
He confirm that he is the owner of swebits.
L**s Gu**av Ah**erg, we release this information because of your p2p site, CLOSE IT FFS!
You started it in the end of 2004 and now everything got exposed and YOU!
If you google you can find some pictures on him :)
Please Ma****etha (his MOTHER) and La*s (his FATHER) , told your boy to close his fucking crap site.
Perhaps this information is anything for APB? Well send it then...
..................................................................................................
Some information about his history on IRC (both from P2P networks and LINKNET) :
ON Linknet (BEFORE) :
koofs is [email protected] *
koofs using link-net.org LinkNet IRC Network
koofs is an SSL Encrypted Client
koofs End of /WHOIS list.
On Linknet (NOW) :
koofs is [email protected] * koofs
koofs using link-net.org LinkNet IRC Network
koofs is an SSL Encrypted Client
koofs End of /WHOIS list.
On Freequest (P2P Network that swebits is on) :
Gyran is [email protected] * Unknown
Gyran on @#sb.uploaders @#swebits
Gyran using mayhem.se.eu.freequest.net Ascendo tuum (really).
Gyran has identified for this nick
Gyran is using a secure connection (SSL)

Gyran End of /WHOIS list.

OMG thats just wrong, his Social Security number and all :sick:

Someone is a :ph34r:

blackbird
08-27-2007, 04:54 PM

ooh that sucks.. i hope swedish law isnt that hard on piracy .. :(

fstemon
08-27-2007, 04:55 PM
There's never been a secret who the guy was. Once you know the guys name you can find everything else in that nfo. The guys are real "hackers". :lol:

SCiMiTAR
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Sites Compromised (userdbs are a couple months old)
http://i19.tinypic.com/52ogc2b.png

menkää_vittuun
08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
This is so ridiculous. Thank god that i've always used different passwords and even usernames on every site where i've belonged to.

Fibo
08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Why did they post all that Info about him?

SceneMachine
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Why did they post all that Info about him?

maybe because he running a torrent site?

Fibo
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM

So what "The Scene" doesn't like that. They should be happy were getting there files out to the world. NO?

Messed up either way. I could understand if the guy tried to Hack some shit, But just for running the site.:dabs:

ArtOfWar
08-27-2007, 08:19 PM

So what "The Scene" doesn't like that. They should be happy were getting there files out to the world. NO?

Messed up either way. I could understand if the guy tried to Hack some shit, But just for running the site.:dabs:

The scene doesn't want their files spread out to everyone, they want them to only be available to the small number of people who have access to top sites.

KeFaS
08-27-2007, 11:04 PM

The scene doesn't want their files spread out to everyone, they want them to only be available to the small number of people who have access to top sites.

True.

Watch this series about The Scene :-) 40 episodes (2 seasons) but it's cool :P

http://www.welcometothescene.com/download.php?ep=1

djkamikaze
08-27-2007, 11:12 PM
for the record, bitmetv does send a confirmation email to your OLD email when you try to set a NEW email

_coder_
08-27-2007, 11:56 PM
When changing the email at ScT you get a confirmation to the OLD email and NOT THE NEW email. Is this the same at FTN?

Whats a topsite?

Vanguard
08-27-2007, 11:58 PM
A topsite, is something like sct or ftn. IF you get those you are 1337. :p

_coder_
08-28-2007, 12:01 AM
A topsite, is something like sct or ftn. IF you get those you are 1337. :p

Why are ScT & FTN known as topsites. I dont get it. :huh:

Vanguard
08-28-2007, 12:11 AM
They aren't I'm just fucking with you, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topsite_(warez) if you must know. :-)

tintin123
08-28-2007, 12:24 AM
all them sites at same time

wow thats crazy
usually when one hits the rest find out and fix the scripts do they not?

hope no one lost accounts

SCiMiTAR
08-28-2007, 12:28 AM
They don't like torrents because it increases the risk for themselves.

In the media, peer-to-peer users are being labelled as dangerous pirates. They are a lot easier to bust for the RIAA/FBI and there are quite some of them who are being sued by the RIAA for thousands of dollars. The level of security is very low, and it's easy to get access to all warez. This is why they endanger the sceners.

http://www.aboutthescene.com/thescene/hierarchy.html

muyoso
08-28-2007, 01:33 AM
@ djkamikaze (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/djkamikaze-127570)

For the record, bitmetv does NOT send a confirmation email to the old account. I just changed emails like a week ago.