PDA

View Full Version : OiNK Booster.

JA
08-27-2007, 07:42 AM
So after countless threads about OiNK and how to seed and blah blah, lets collate all the possible information into 1 thread.

This thread has 2 Purposes.
#1 Allow everyone to share their ideas of ratio boosting etc..
#2 Allow everyone to show decent torrent boosting torrents...

First of all, having more bandwidth than everyone else helps...a lot. But more importantly, the reason I upload well is that I am incredibly, almost obsessively, vigilant about being on good torrents first. I spend a lot of time just refreshing the browse page to see what new things get posted. The window for profitability can be as short as 5 minutes on a lot of torrents depending on uploader speed, so get on them as soon as they are posted.

If you see something thats 1 seed and 50 leechers, it can be good, but when you open it in your torrent program, you have to look at the peers list. If you see that everyone has 95% of it, you can be pretty sure that you're too late. If you see that they are all at 5%, it's a good bet. If you have the most bandwidth, the tracker knows, and you will get pieces first and send them to everyone else rather than waiting to get them from the swarm. Take advantage of your speed when you can, and realize when you can't. Once a 100MB torrent has more than 2 seeds, it's not going to be profitable.

For how to identify good torrents, first time postings of anything from 2007 are good to consider. Search for band names in the torrent search to see historically how well their stuff does and check for the same stuff having already been uploaded in different formats. If you leave the field blank and click the Requests search button, you can see all requested albums. Sort by # of requests, and memorize the top 50. If they get posted, get them. Sorting the browse page by leechers works well if you follow the previous paragraph.

And I'm sure you've read it everywhere, but seeding forever works really well too. Especially if you can out upload the other seeds and get a good fraction of the upload for every new leecher.

Now a bit of economics. The reason you want a good ratio is to build a buffer allowing you to download what you actually want without having to worry about how it will affect your ratio. So margins are an important part of the game. Getting a 30 ratio on a 5MB torrent is great, but that's still only 350MB, and even if you only care about maintaining a .5 ratio to not be on ratio watch, that only gets you 700MB of download credit or about 10 albums. In my mind, it is much better to get a ratio of 3 on a 1GB torrent, and maintaing the same .5 torrent, you can now leech 6GB, or about 90 albums.

Sorry to be a buzzkill on this one, but it needs to be here. One thing you might have to do is accept the fact that you made a bad investment. Some torrents just don't do as well as you hope. Even if you've downloaded 100MB already, sometimes the best thing to do is just to jump off before you lose even more. Granted, if you are going to be able to leave it seeding indefinitely, you will probably be able to seed every new music torrent to at least 1-1, but if you jump on something you expect to be popular and after 20 minutes you're 50% done and there's only one other person leeching, it might be time to cut your losses. Swallowing a 100MB is tough, but it's a lot better than swallowing 300MB. However, once you've finished something, there's no reason to stop seeding it. At that point, it's all profit.

Due to the fact that Oink gets things faster than most of the other sites, this idea is probably less useful here than on other sites, but it bears mentioning. Since it is easier to maintain a ratio on sites that deal in movies and other larger files, it's worth building up a ratio on sites like Demonoid and Torrentleech and then use use your credit there to download things to seed here. Vista iso's are particularly good for this strategy since they are 3GB and seem to trickle for a long time here . Unless you get lucky, you probably won't be able to upload torrents this way (though you might), but if you sit on things for a long time, you'll do well. And even if you don't get much, it let's you seed here without leeching.

CREDITS:achifari.

As for now just post good torrents to jump on :D

ose
08-27-2007, 07:47 AM
what's wrong with you ppl if we post all known tricks there will be no be ratio boosetrs anymore

go figure it out yourself

best way is to seed, seed and seed that's all

znik
08-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Don't get me wrong, but I think that a lot of people will propose the torrent they are just seeding on their seedbox, in order to attract leechers and get a nice buffer for them... :whistling

JA
08-27-2007, 07:52 AM
When i have more time ill make a guide on partial seeding and how to spot torrents etc. Because it just irritates me seeing a the same thread each week but just spelt differently..

"How to boost oink.."
"How to seed on oink.."
"Help me on oink!"

Etc etc.

sear
08-27-2007, 08:18 AM
not a bad Idea J.A :yup:

First tip from me, find some cd's that aren't on there. Learn how to rip them properly then upload them. Seed them for ages and ages and watch your ratio grow.

Seems obvious but you never know it might help someone :dabs:

EDIT:
I took out the whistle at the end of the post because I didn't want znik to make fun of me:ph34r:

game1283
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
When i have more time ill make a guide on partial seeding and how to spot torrents etc.

I'll wait for it:) aswell as some others..
//.but I don't have oink problems though, just interested:happy:

zizo85
08-27-2007, 11:14 AM
When i have more time ill make a guide on partial seeding and how to spot torrents etc. Because it just irritates me seeing a the same thread each week but just spelt differently..

"How to boost oink.."
"How to seed on oink.."
"Help me on oink!"

Etc etc.
thnx 4 that JA:yup:
very helpful idea and it will help all ppl there:D

JA
08-27-2007, 11:28 AM
"When" i get time. Really busy ATM :)

tralalala
08-27-2007, 01:43 PM

"How to boost oink.."
"How to seed on oink.."
"Help me on oink!"

Etc etc.

I am somewhat positive there is a massive thread containing guides and "all-you-need-to-know"'s about seeding, boosting ratio, and partial seeding somewhere in the guides section on OiNK, if I am not mistaken..?

Good idea though, stopping the daily "how the heck do I up more on OiNK" threads.. We'll see how it goes for a while.

KevinGarnet
08-27-2007, 02:01 PM
mhm.. maybe it is nice idea.. but won't Oink be angry when see this thread? they can delete torrents which will be mentioned here.. or not?

Something Else
08-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't think it will bother Oinks in the slightest.... ;)

TYPE R
08-27-2007, 04:19 PM
nicely done j.a

Skiz
08-27-2007, 04:23 PM
mhm.. maybe it is nice idea.. but won't Oink be angry when see this thread? they can delete torrents which will be mentioned here.. or not?

I think most people stopped caring about Oink's wishes when they realized that Oink doesn't give a shit about it's users.

Beenieman
08-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Well I for one enjoyed these threads but they always got closed or deleted! Somehow I don't think this one will get closed though ;)

Nice one JA love this thread :D

Skiz
08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Well I for one enjoyed these threads but they always got closed or deleted! Somehow I don't think this one will get closed though ;)

They get closed or deleted b/c members begin posting links to torrents, which is against the rules.

KSA
08-27-2007, 05:05 PM
didn't they have that "oink for dummies" thing, was it helpful?

Beenieman
08-27-2007, 05:15 PM

They get closed or deleted b/c members begin posting links to torrents, which is against the rules.

Yeah I remember.. As long as you don't post direct link then it's cool. :yup:

LaPistola
08-27-2007, 07:00 PM
wow i have seen only 1 productive post so far, my suggestion, only partially download the file and get popular torrents even if you don't need them b/c there will always be leechers on them

xbawksz
08-27-2007, 07:03 PM
download a portion of idoser.

Seed a portion of idoser.

Very simple.

Boosted my upload by at least 7 gigs. At least.

Skiz
08-27-2007, 07:32 PM

Very simple.

Better yet - Download iDoser and the Rosetta Stone Pack from Demonoid and seed them both 100% at oink.

JA
08-29-2007, 05:32 AM
Mega Bump

Chewie
08-29-2007, 05:47 AM
I had a nasty moment there when I thought you were going to advise on how to ratio cheat. :lol:

Nice post (copy/paste?) JA.

jam0980tr
08-29-2007, 05:59 AM
All i have 2 do is download frm site *** A and upload it on site B oinks do that for a week you be on 50 gigs up but don't stoping seeding thats how i do it.... good luck people

JA
08-29-2007, 06:10 AM
I had a nasty moment there when I thought you were going to advise on how to ratio cheat. :lol:

Nice post (copy/paste?) JA.
No no! I typed it all out!

signalearth
08-29-2007, 07:26 AM

Very simple.

Better yet - Download iDoser and the Rosetta Stone Pack from Demonoid and seed them both 100% at oink.
:yup:

mievmo
08-29-2007, 07:26 AM
i don't get it.... oink isn't hard to seed.. i nade it to 150+ GB in 2+ weeks.
and ratio is higher then 5.
then ppl stop crying.

JA
08-29-2007, 07:31 AM
then ppl stop crying.
Please tell me how!!!

lingo
08-29-2007, 08:34 AM

Very simple.

Excellent suggestion. Even though most people are lazy to do this, some would give it a try. :shifty:

I suggest people to download 0-day content from trackers like SCC and upload them @ OiNK. I haven't tried it yet, but that's what I was recommended... :happy:

TheSaint
08-29-2007, 10:46 AM
thanks, very good suggestions... :)

blackbird
08-29-2007, 10:56 AM
then ppl stop crying.
Please tell me how!!!

i have already pm'ed him... :lol:

FACE_TO_FACE
08-29-2007, 10:59 AM
then ppl stop crying.

:w00t: :ph34r: How?!?!?!?

shutdk
08-29-2007, 12:20 PM
then ppl stop crying.
Please tell me how!!!

TorrentMaster ftw :shifty:

JA
08-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Please tell me how!!!

TorrentMaster ftw :shifty:
*********** :P

rocknrule
08-29-2007, 01:00 PM
when i retire, i might giveaway it. the title will be 'how to buffer up to 400gb on oink in 4 weeks'.

limpdickkid
08-29-2007, 01:26 PM
I suggest people to download 0-day content from trackers like SCC and upload them @ OiNK. I haven't tried it yet, but that's what I was recommended... :happy:

Exactly what I would suggest to do if you want to create a buffer on any tracker. I dont use OiNK but I think this would work. You'd probably get the torrents before they're uploaded on OiNK but you never know, there may be people on OiNK who have some sort of Scene FTP Axx but that would still be rare and you would be able to manage to get quite a few torrents before OiNK off SCC.