PDA

View Full Version : SCT Down Again

Heroo
08-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi Guys SCT Down Again ;)

bigjoe75
08-28-2007, 09:58 AM
yeah, they are for me too. It happens when they have free leech and 3x upload. I wish the would have an announcement saying whats going on.

blackbird
08-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Wi0 http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/synapse_kt8c/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-sct-totally-down-224508-post2233955#post2233955)
its not ddosing. its a hardware issue.

:shifty:

zizo85
08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
its tooooo bad
i really angry for that

Heroo
08-28-2007, 10:58 AM
its tooooo bad
i really angry for that

Me2,Me2,Me2,Me2,Me2,Me2,Me2,Me2:angry:

c.han
08-28-2007, 11:03 AM
I think it is not down,but I can not see browse

Heroo
08-28-2007, 11:04 AM
I think it is not down,but I can not see browse

hahaha lol:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Armagedon
08-28-2007, 11:05 AM
the tracker works but the site is down

rodrigof
08-28-2007, 11:08 AM
the tracker works but the site is down

The tracker works? I don't think so... at least for me... All is down for me, the IRC also...

Sylar666
08-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Seed is climbing, though.

JA
08-28-2007, 11:17 AM
So first they ask for donations for a better server...
Then they employ a pay2leech and a pay4invite/pay4shirts system...
Better yet they boast that all the money they recieve goes to "A better" server...
dGjrrr often boasts about how 1337 his coding is..

So with a shit load of server funds to accommodate their site...and with dGjrrr's 1337 coding skills one would assume that it would be anti-dDos able and there wouldn't be such thing as hardware issues..

Goodjob ScT. Much Love.

Oh and for the thread starter. SCT IS DOWN YAH? NAH? YAH? Who care's god dammit, its up and down up and down. No point starting a pointless thread with people posting useless comments such as..

"Its UP!!"

"Nah its down.."

"tracker works.."

"Nothing works.."

SKGunners
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
This rarely happens though, you won't see this happening often. It must have been something really unavoidable since it's the site's birthday and I don't think they'll want the site to be down during this time. Anyway, I hope it gets back up soon.

berry89
08-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Better yet they boast that all the money they recieve goes to "A better" server...

So with a shit load of server funds to accommodate their site...and with dGjrrr's 1337 coding skills one would assume that it would be anti-dDos able and there wouldn't be such thing as hardware issues..

Goodjob ScT. Much Love.

Oh and for the thread starter. SCT IS DOWN YAH? NAH? YAH? Who care's god dammit, its up and down up and down. No point starting a pointless thread with people posting useless comments such as..

"Its UP!!"

"Nah its down.."

"tracker works.."

"Nothing works.."

dont try to complaining, they can go down for 1 month if they want , i dont care , sct has done much for their members and no matter if it pay2leech. all member will give it 1 opportunity to site like sct.

JA
08-28-2007, 11:31 AM
dont try to complaining, they can go down for 1 month if they want , i dont care , sct has done much for their members and no matter if it pay2leech. all member will give it 1 opportunity to site like sct.
Could you please elaborate on what they have done for their members? Im really curious...

sert
08-28-2007, 11:31 AM

Goodjob ScT. Much Love.

That's why you removed your old user title?

If I remember correctly you had something like "SCT 4 lyfe"

"4 lyfe" didn't last for life for sure...

perastikos
08-28-2007, 11:32 AM
It's up now :lol:

berry89
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Could you please elaborate on what they have done for their members? Im really curious...

something like giving oppurtunity to join new member by giving invite,longest freeleech, x3 x2 upload, fast pretimes,fast speed,fast browsing, short down time in year. and dont try to cry because server is down in the birthday.

JA
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM

Goodjob ScT. Much Love.

Yep i was 110% for ScT. Things change, actually i should say greed makes people change.

I was for ScT when it was pre-pay2leech/pay4invites. Greed got the better of Feeling. 50 Euro for 4 invites?!...I've had Sysop access at a tracker before and it takes 2 clicks..TWO clicks, to allow a member to get 4 invites. Do you honestly believe 4 invites is worth 50 euros?

I'm not complaining. This FORUM is to share views of which i am :).

Only thing ill miss from ScT is iYoda. <3.

Heroo
08-28-2007, 11:38 AM
It's up now :lol:

Thank You
perastikos

sunrise01
08-28-2007, 11:38 AM
work good now

JA
08-28-2007, 11:39 AM

something like giving oppurtunity to join new member by giving invite,longest freeleech, x3 x2 upload, fast pretimes,fast speed,fast browsing, short down time in year. and dont try to cry because server is down in the birthday.
ScT didn't really do anything except designing a really really nice way of making money. Invites you can buy. The money they get from those invites i'd say 20% goes to the server and 80% in the pocket of feeling.

The fast speeds are from the USERS.

And im not crying buddy. I don't use the site anymore so i don't really care :) Nice day.

Sylar666
08-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Gotta agree with that. He was cute. His thread is closed on SCT - forum.

Alien5
08-28-2007, 11:45 AM
not working....working, not working again :dabs:

_coder_
08-28-2007, 11:45 AM

:yup::yup::yup::yup:

berry89
08-28-2007, 11:49 AM

Yep i was 110% for ScT. Things change, actually i should say greed makes people change.

I was for ScT when it was pre-pay2leech/pay4invites. Greed got the better of Feeling. 50 Euro for 4 invites?!...I've had Sysop access at a tracker before and it takes 2 clicks..TWO clicks, to allow a member to get 4 invites. Do you honestly believe 4 invites is worth 50 euros?

if you want to pay you pay if not dont, is that easy. you see it in the bad way, but i undertand.... 50 euro can give me for food for 4 week for example, but also you forget that there rich or non rich people who want to waste their money just because of that shit invite. if i am the owner i do the same.

in 5 word, sct is not doing anything wrong.

dragos

So what ? Did they come and beat you to donate? Are users forced to pay? Didn't they gave out lots of invites over these past 2 years ? You would want an invite to be 5 $ so everybody can register? So that the unconfirmed user number would be 2 000 at all times . They gave you an oportunity to get some invites if you really want, nobody is forcing you. Is the site worse or what ? At filezone .ro for 6 euros you get 76 GB upload + 20 invites + 122 extra slots. Now that is a p2L site. They only care about money, they don't care that half the staff is 14 years old or that they have 40 uploaders and the upload is made by 2 ore 3 of them. Stop bashing the greatest tracker please

Sylar666
not working....working, not working again :dabs:
Regardless being up or down, SEED went just nice and smooth.

JA
08-28-2007, 11:53 AM

So what ? Did they come and beat you to donate? Are users forced to pay? Didn't they gave out lots of invites over these past 2 years ? You would want an invite to be 5 $ so everybody can register? So that thge unconfirmed user number would be 2 000 at all times ? They gave you an oportunity to get some invites if you really want, nobody is forcing you? Is the site worse or what ? At filezone ].ro for 6 euros you get 76 GB upload + 20 invites + 122 extra slots. Now that is a p2l site. They only care about money, they don't cvare that half the staff is 14 years old or that they have 40 uploaders and the upload is made by 2 ore 3 of them. Stop bashing the greatest tracker please
Your right, they didn't bash or "force" users to donate...

But its the concept/principle or w.e you want to call it. Having a PAY2LEECH/PAY4INVITES System in place is wrong. File sharing was started in the first place, to SHARE FILES for FREE.

Im not bashing it, im voicing my opionon. If you don't like it then i don't think you should be at forums..

forum
noun1. a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/forum

in 5 word, sct is not doing anything wrong.

So tell me, why does the torrent community oppose invite sellers?.....

_coder_
08-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Doesnt matter how much a site charges for invites. Pay2leech is wrong in terms of the p2p community and thats a fact. Simple as.

berry89
08-28-2007, 12:05 PM
is not the same, if you buy invite been a member and buy it from the owner and thinking at the same time to help the server payment. than buy it on ebay . anyway not all torrent community is opposite about pay4invite if is about help server paymeny..

beat
08-28-2007, 12:08 PM
P2P was meant to be free, there is no sense in paying for filesharing. Even though they're not forcing anyone to pay for it, just having that option and publicizing it is bad enough. Also Pay2Leech is just another reason for the scene to hate P2P even more and for this one I have to agree with them. You steal another person's work and go around selling it.

berry89
08-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Doesnt matter how much a site charges for invites. Pay2leech is wrong in terms of the p2p community and thats a fact. Simple as.

no mate, you use bad term is not wrong, it just could be not good. there much position to view it. what you prefer? pay and help the server or pay help server and get invite at the same time ,to maybe used to invite your friend,family,ect?

dragos
08-28-2007, 12:12 PM
no maybe it should be like ftn , without money. So it could have 10 users and a 10 $ server that loads in 5 hours. So it won't offende this kids with so much caracter

beat
08-28-2007, 12:17 PM
If you do have an FTN account you can clearly see that every month they hit 100% on the donation status and that's without begging or even offering something to donors (besides the voice and the donor icon on the nick). And FTN is 3 times smaller than SCT which means less potential donors. As far as the server being slow I don't mind having to wait for an extra 5 seconds, because those seconds give me the security you will never have on SCT.

JA
08-28-2007, 12:29 PM
If you do have an FTN account you can clearly see that every month they hit 100% on the donation status and that's without begging or even offering something to donors (besides the voice and the donor icon on the nick). And FTN is 3 times smaller than SCT which means less potential donors. As far as the server being slow I don't mind having to wait for an extra 5 seconds, because those seconds give me the security you will never have on SCT.
Word.

berry89
08-28-2007, 12:31 PM
please dont compare ftn with sct. ftn mostly there with leech problem. also the staff begging users to leech :lol: ,why dont leech?:lol:blablabla. also ftn users used sct to grab the stuff and seed it there. so sct is always first site/place and ftn second . and this willnever change. at least if sct still exist.

JA
08-28-2007, 12:36 PM
please dont compare ftn with sct. ftn mostly there with leech problem. also the staff begging users to leech :lol: ,why dont leech?:lol:blablabla. also ftn users used sct to grab the stuff and seed it there. so sct is always first site/place and ftn second . and this willnever change. at least if sct still exist.
Your join date says it all mate.(May 2007)

berry89
08-28-2007, 12:42 PM
let me spam too :lol:.

beat
08-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Your join date says it all mate.(May 2007)

Don't judge people by their join date. :dry:

It wasn't me who started comparing FTN to SCT. For the reasons I already stated and for countless others I won't bother discussing (because they have already been discussed to the bone here) comparing FTN to SCT is pointless. I just had to stood up for what I believe :)

berry89
08-28-2007, 12:49 PM
i agree with you beat and i respect your opinion about pay4leech/pay4invite. :)

Beenieman
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
ahh but ftn looks good :D

KSA
08-28-2007, 02:11 PM
SCT <3 http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7537/62qlitwlq0.gif

Edit:
donation @ SCT helped me to get an invite then join, otherwise i won't be a member there /fact!, at least u get some self respect to your self, and joined there by your own, but in FTN u have to beg for it, insult ur self, to get that invite, that's if u will really gonna get it after all the troubles, coz simply no 1 care to help!

SCT rulz

KevinGarnet
08-28-2007, 06:45 PM
ScT working fine for me now..

fstrulz
08-28-2007, 07:11 PM
please dont compare ftn with sct.

...ftn mostly there with leech problem. also the staff begging users to leech :lol: ,why dont leech?:lol:blablabla. also ftn users used sct to grab the stuff and seed it there. so sct is always first site/place and ftn second . and this willnever change. at least if sct still exist.

:dabs:

seanbee
08-28-2007, 09:32 PM
I just read thru this thread and the phrase "Much a do about nothing".

Does it really matter? We are all individuals with our own opinions and own judgments so to me this pointless comparison of SCT vs FTN is rubbish, at the end of the day they are both very good trackers and I love being a member of both of them equally.

Both choose to operate differently just like how we as individuals choose to live our lives differently - let us just enjoy the differences and the similarities.

KSA
08-28-2007, 10:10 PM

Does it really matter? We are all individuals with our own opinions and own judgments so to me this pointless comparison of SCT vs FTN is rubbish, at the end of the day they are both very good trackers and I love being a member of both of them equally.

Both choose to operate differently just like how we as individuals choose to live our lives differently - let us just enjoy the differences and the similarities.

Most ppl didn't get the chance to enjoy the differences between these two great trackers, coz they simply cannot join any of them, at least SCT gave most of them the chance to join if they wanted to ... by donating!

I don't care where they spent the donation money, i am only glad that i joined and share the goodies, i hope FTN can do the same, it will be in thier good first of all, and from other side it will give the chance to the new members those wants to be a part of the community (everyone will be happy).

_coder_
08-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Everything seems to be working at ScT now.

nadav2210
08-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Fuck!:angry::angry::angry::angry:
now free leech and 3x upload!! - and SCT Down Again!:angry::dabs:

edit :

Thx ok! =)

Necronomicon
08-28-2007, 10:33 PM

Have 2 agree with every single word told. I love them both too.;)