PDA

View Full Version : hdbits.ro???

swedish
08-29-2007, 11:19 AM
What happened to all torrents at hdbits.ro??? :blink:

darkeingel
08-29-2007, 11:25 AM
From Date System 2007-08-28 22:09:24 Our server hard drive just crashed.. we managed to put a back-up from about a week ago.. sorry for the inconvenience.. in a couple of days we will fix everything and after that there will be a freeleech period..

Daniel
08-29-2007, 11:28 AM
They need a couple of days to fix this? Whoa, that screams professionality and skill, NOT.

Something Else
08-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Crashes happen man. I'd like to see you run a tracker...

Daniel
08-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Crashes happen man. I'd like to see you run a tracker...
I'm sorry if I offended anyone but I do know what I'm talking about ... and to be honest, it's not that difficult to see errors and possible improvements on this issue. For example: a week old backup that doesn't even work. A backup is per definition a duplicate version of (a file or) an entire computer system, retained for use if the original is rendered unuseable. Well, shouldn't this duplicate also include what is most important for a tracker, the torrents?

Doing all this stuff on a private basis is certainly more of a challenge because opportunity and cost are limited and I really respect that as I had been struggling with something like that as well. The thing is, with some time, knowledge and dedication this could be "give us some hours to correct that" instead of "a couple of days". I know some people with private (and financially limited) projects who love what they do, they're prepared for an event like this. I'm sure the unprepared will learn in time :)

swedish
08-31-2007, 02:40 PM
lol, Thanks for the heads up! All torrents are back except the one i was leeching. :lol:

But found it on hdbits.

KevinGarnet
08-31-2007, 03:48 PM
i think HDbits will be fine now.. and i hope they don't have any problems in the future..

SgtMajor
08-31-2007, 04:15 PM
i think HDbits will be fine now.. and i hope they don't have any problems in the future..

htf do you get away with permanent spamming of these boards?