PDA

View Full Version : A good rule for all future invites?

scribble
09-03-2007, 12:33 AM
I think people should post how long they have been there on a tracker and have a speed test too, that way, if you see their upload speed is very slow, and they have high upload for the length of time being there, you can figure out if they're cheating or not :)

You might be thinking "Bad idea, too much info"
That wouldn't matter, because if you don't trade accounts it doesn't matter, but if you do trade... shame on you :D

But seriously, what do you guys think?

sear
09-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Accounts are also disabled for giveaways, sometimes even for posting a screen shot. Anything that gives away your identity on a tracker is probably a bad idea. Besides what's to stop people from lying. If they actually post their join date it's just asking for a ban imo.

puckface
09-03-2007, 12:36 AM
I think I use a seedbox, so my speedtests are irrelevant. Linux box and I don't install Firefox.

That could be a hurdle

SgtMajor
09-03-2007, 12:40 AM
My information on any tracker has FA to do with you, or this forum.

I even refuse to show any SS of any tracker openly, it can be abused (ie copied by others to gain something they are not entitled to). If people want to invite me to a special place, then they do it on merit having known me, not what bullshit jpg I have to post.

And I repeat, speed has nothing to do with how good a sharer you are, it isn't how much you upload that matters, it is how much you download & upload as a total that is more important to me.

th0r
09-03-2007, 12:46 AM
solution: do not give out invites on a public forum

SAM
09-03-2007, 12:48 AM

I even refuse to show any SS of any tracker openly, it can be abused (ie copied by others to gain something they are not entitled to). If people want to invite me to a special place, then they do it on merit having known me, not what bullshit jpg I have to post.

And I repeat, speed has nothing to do with how good a sharer you are, it isn't how much you upload that matters, it is how much you download & upload as a total that is more important to me.

that's the best thing i ever heard in this forum :)

$SnoopDo2G$
09-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Real Talk SgtMajor, that's whut im talkin' about !
And i will add that >>>
for me i prefer givin' an invite to someone that actually wrote something than some guy that just wrote "need this need that" and posted a ratio or speedtest.... ;)

WarrenBuffet
09-03-2007, 12:50 AM
lol why not? I proud of my speed :)

th0r
09-03-2007, 12:59 AM
i am proud of your ability to use photoshop too, good work

AugustoP
09-03-2007, 01:50 AM
All screenshots can be faked easily.

anions
09-03-2007, 04:23 AM

Could anyone've said it better? Now Sarge, if you just pass me that ScT invite .... :01:

solution: do not give out invites on a public forum

...says the man who just does his, my first giveaway.:P

th0r
09-03-2007, 04:26 AM
hang on there ... i was giving out invites to a template website, it is not a tracker, and so far no one has pmed me asking for an acid-lounge invite, so you are half right and half wrong!

anions
09-03-2007, 04:33 AM
hang on there ... i was giving out invites to a template website, it is not a tracker, and so far no one has pmed me asking for an acid-lounge invite, so you are half right and half wrong!
Check your thread, I asked for an Acid-Lounge invite, so I'm not half-wrong anymore!
Muhaha :D

scribble
09-03-2007, 04:35 AM
no, trackers shouldn't give bans for giving out invites, invites should be given to anyone that the person thinks would make a good user. then how do people get invites in the first place at all on this forum if he/she does not have any good trackers to show that they are loyal seeders?

btw: I know stats can be forged and so can screenshots, it just makes it harder for the person to fake, and most people don't fake their pictures and wouldn't bother anyway.

th0r
09-03-2007, 04:52 AM
Muhaha :D

you are bringing me down

:cry:

enjoy acid-lounge

Chewy
09-03-2007, 04:56 AM
no, trackers shouldn't give bans for giving out invites, invites should be given to anyone that the person thinks would make a good user. then how do people get invites in the first place at all on this forum if he/she does not have any good trackers to show that they are loyal seeders?

btw: I know stats can be forged and so can screenshots, it just makes it harder for the person to fake, and most people don't fake their pictures and wouldn't bother anyway.
Or get their invites removed for life on TL :(

scribble
09-03-2007, 05:12 AM
yo chewy! lol :)