PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Darko

hobbes
07-06-2003, 04:00 AM
This is a great movie, please watch. I have it in my "shared folder" and have cable.

For those of you who know nothing about the Blair Witch Project, this is great as well.

Busyman
07-06-2003, 04:12 AM
Donnie was good. I love a weird movie. Blair Bitch is worth watching at home but it sucked ass to see at the movie theatre.

bennytsang
07-06-2003, 04:52 AM
blair witch sucked black man penis compared to donnie darko

Reggies19
07-06-2003, 07:38 AM
is that some kind of racist remark? or maybe it blows that good?

anyways..donnie darko is sweet but i think i need to see it again because there are some parts that i didnt quite understand.

MagicNakor
07-06-2003, 07:40 AM
You could watch it with the commentary on. ;)

:ninja:

Poonkie
07-06-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by bennytsang@6 July 2003 - 04:52
blair witch sucked black man penis compared to donnie darko
Hey! Heeeeyyyy! :angry:
Language Benny! :angry: What's going on!!!

MetroStars
07-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Donnie Darko is top notch --- Luv this movie --- This has 2 b one of the greatest movie's ever made

ck-uk
07-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Yeah Donnie darko and only a few others,..i rushed and bought by import from the us..to be honest thou donnie darko wasnt as good as i thou it would b.Yeah the story and the lead kid were real good but everything else about the film was shit.I also never knew patrick swayze was in it ,if i did doubt i would hav even bought it.

Wolverine
07-06-2003, 02:06 PM
It's not perfect, but it is well worth watching, especially when you consider that it was the directors debut film. When you've watched the movie, a must is www.donniedarko.com

Wolverine
07-06-2003, 02:09 PM
If you did like Donnie Darko, I recommend watching 'Requiem for a Dream', also very good, and worth seeing.

MetroStars
07-06-2003, 02:14 PM
I have heard about 'Requiem for a Dream' but can any 1 tell me a little more about it

Wolverine
07-06-2003, 02:20 PM
‘requiem for a dream’ is the second feature film from director darren aronofsky, following his critically acclaimed debut, ‘pi’. a character-driven piece, requiem is essentially a look at how ambition can come to dominate an individuals life so completely that they become addicted to, and then obsessed by, whatever it is they desire with so much vehemence.

Basically it's about these 4 people, and involves drugs, and is severely weird at times. Check out www.requiemforadream.com - that site makes the donniedarko one seem normal!

bennytsang
07-06-2003, 05:10 PM
"ass to ass" best quote from requiem for a dream

maebach
01-04-2006, 10:21 PM
I didn't understnad the ending, why did he die at the end? who saved him in the beginning? he shot frank who turns out to be the rabbit that donnie must obey becasue frank (rabbit) saved him from the airoplane engine? why didn't frank save him again?

Guyver
01-04-2006, 10:52 PM
I didn't understnad the ending, why did he die at the end? who saved him in the beginning? he shot frank who turns out to be the rabbit that donnie must obey becasue frank (rabbit) saved him from the airoplane engine? why didn't frank save him again?

why revive a 2 year old thread?

ApacNTS
01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
this was about time and how it changes with one slightest diffrence. he knew he had to die, otherwise so many more would suffer and die. so he wakes up laughing cause he and only he knows what is about to happen.

maebach
01-04-2006, 11:38 PM
I see, taht's why all those people wake up when they're sleeping, because he affected all those people in defferent ways. and the only way to 'unaffect' them was to go back in time?

maebach
01-04-2006, 11:39 PM

why revive a 2 year old thread?

I saw the movie today and I didn't understand the movie, and I knew there would've been a thread on this at this forum.

ApacNTS
01-05-2006, 02:24 AM
yeah the only way for history to continue it's rightful line he had to die. the movie just showed how screwed up life would be if he lived. he found out about time travel warp holes and stuff from that book, that wasnt supposed to be found and undid the present, which was his future. going back to the past his death set everything right. (a mindfuck i know) they had a site about it, i forget what it was, but was pretty fun, you had to figure out clues they gave you, and you got to listen to another snippet, about the guy talking about the planes engine and stuff.

edit: go to http://www.donniedarko.com/ and thats that game thing

maebach
01-05-2006, 05:01 AM
so, what's with the guy and the bunny costume? My sister said the bunny guy is the one who saved Donnie in the beginning.

Guyver
01-05-2006, 05:18 AM
so, what's with the guy and the bunny costume? My sister said the bunny guy is the one who saved Donnie in the beginning.

The bunny guy would have killed donnies girlfriends with his car, he died to save her...

ApacNTS
01-05-2006, 01:24 PM
yup. that was the joke, he died for a girl who wouldnt even remember him.

maebach
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
that was an awkward movie. . but now that I understand,its a pretty good movie.

Jochenn
01-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Donnie darko is so freaking good. see it if you dont have!!!

enoughfakefiles
01-08-2006, 04:15 PM

He beeped his horn when he dropped donnie's sister off waking donnie up :lookaroun