PDA

View Full Version : BT Rep in user profile

Polarbear
09-13-2007, 09:23 AM
hi there,

was does the "BT Rep" beneath a users avatar indicate?

Barbarossa
09-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Hmm, nothing in the FAQ about that is there :dabs:

BT Rep is short for "Bittorrent Reputation", and it is supposed to be awarded by and to members on successful completion of a bittorrent invite giveaway or trade.

The higher the BT Rep the more trustworthy the member is deemed to be. It's a bit like feedback in Ebay.

Some members are not interested in Bittorrent invites, and choose not to display their BT Rep.

Abuse of the BT Rep system is highly frowned upon, and can result in the user's BT privileges being disabled :nono:

Polarbear
09-13-2007, 09:44 AM
so if you give away invites, the invitee can give you bt rep points? is this mandatory or can every invitee decide?

Barbarossa
09-13-2007, 10:42 AM
It's voluntary AFAIK :blink:

Skiz
09-13-2007, 11:03 AM
There is a sticky which details the rules and how "rep" is to be distributed, located here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-member-reputation-bt-rep-144759).

EDIT: Just realized you cannot access the Invites section yet. :dabs:

It is also completely voluntary. Anyone who tells you they will give you an invite only after they receive rep is most likely full of shit. (Just for future reference)

Polarbear
09-13-2007, 11:07 AM
thanks for the information. i guess i will learn more about it when i have access to the invite section.

thewizeard
09-14-2007, 06:43 AM
While you are waiting...come and chill off in the Lounge ..