PDA

View Full Version : Planet Of The Apes Ending

DipSet Taliban
07-06-2003, 11:13 PM
I understand the planet of the apes ending but i would like to know why they are apes on earth? it doesn't make sense

callum
07-06-2003, 11:16 PM
I think it is explained in the sequel of the original.

MetroStars
07-06-2003, 11:16 PM
yea iam not a fan of the Ape series but that ending confused me 2

MetroStars
07-06-2003, 11:18 PM
what if u haven't seen the sequel of the original -- come on man just tell us

ezyryder
07-06-2003, 11:22 PM
you would never understand that unless you saw the originals. Earth is the same planet as the Planet of the apes, when they went in space they time traveled by fluke. So the earth they landed on was near the end of the world in date wise(because well watch the originals) anyway this is a civilisation of apes who evolved after listening to humans talk and making them do jobs, and eventually with thier mass numbers revolted and took over the human race, so humans were de-evolutionized I suppose (lost ability to speak n so forth, became very primative)... anyway the forbidden land held the remains of the last world (statue of liberty head, underground stations train stations etc and artifects) which showed that humans were once clever.

So this is the makers take on it, on escape he time travels to perhaps an even further date (or date back in time).

so either

A ) apes evolved even more and built proper citys
B ) the apes took the world as we know it, but it got destroyed so they started from scratch hence the baron wastelands in the movie. But basically, planet of the apes is earth just in the future. Watch the originals, i suggest 1 and 2 (or is it 1 n 3) the one when teh apes come to earth is terrible, but hey its part of the saga.

MetroStars
07-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Thanks man u explaind evrything right there -- no need 2 wacth the movies now

callum
07-06-2003, 11:25 PM
I'll try and explain it, I haven't seen it in years though.

I think there was a plague that wiped out cats and dogs( might have been all normal pets). So people decided to keep apes as pets then they got more domesticated and over the years more civilised and intelligent. They ended up teating them as slaves until they rebelled and to over.

DipSet Taliban
07-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Ight But How the fuck they repelled over humans were more smart den dem niggas

Protoss
07-07-2003, 12:50 AM
i don't think its the apes that rebelled.
Human destroyed themself in a nuclear war,then apes took over.

If you think about it,planet of the apes came out during the cold war:)

DipSet Taliban
07-07-2003, 02:13 AM
Oh ight thanx

maddytherenegade
07-07-2003, 01:18 PM
The themes of all Hollywood hits are the same..
In POTApes, its Apes taking control of men..
In X-MEN,MATRIX and TERMINATOR series, its the mutants or machines taking over men..
What the hell...all are the same..
Check out CATS and DOGS (2001) where the CATS (Goddamn them) taking control over world only to be thwarted at the last moment by DOGS!!
Fuck them all...

ShareDaddy
07-07-2003, 07:23 PM
If you had seen them all it would have been explained. The humans blew themselves adn most of the civilized world up with them. The apes as having been as stated before "turned into slaves" became the dominant species, eventually weeding out the last "civilized" humans and basically turning the tables and making them the slaves.

Over all a good concept just poorly undertaken as a series of movies. The very first Planet of the Apes movie is still one of my personal favorites, the sequels just plain started stinking, they were made simply for the money and not to forward the story in any real way.

Just think about it for a moment, the Dinosaurs were once the dominant set of species who were wiped out (various thoughts as to how, plague, asteroid, comet, ice-age, etc) and man eventually took hold. A brilliant idea for a story, however far fetched or unrealized cinematically.