PDA

View Full Version : British Comedy

MetroStars
07-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Ok i came 2 England just in time for sum gr8 comedy... Comedy in the Uk is amazing no other country produces comedy like the UK...

In the US the tired Formula of 30 sumthings living together - They have a gay friend and all the rest of it...

but in the UK it's so diffrent...

the best comdey i seen so far has 2 be

Bo Selecta -------- This should b shown world wide

Peter Kay ----- Never seen the first season of Phoenix Nights but season 2 was funny as fuck....

The Office ---- Never seen the first seasion but the second was truly amazing...

They think it's all over -- luv this show...

Allister McGowns Impressions -- very funny..

I like the chat show host Jonathan Ross...

that's all i can think of at the mo

ck-uk
07-07-2003, 12:43 PM
U aught to tri and watch Only fools and horses and in sickness and in health u may even like Graham norton

Paul_NFFC
07-07-2003, 12:44 PM
yes the comedys fukkin great :lol:

u ever seen bottom or the young ones? theyre pretty old but still quite funny

also the league of gentlemen was pretty good

maddytherenegade
07-07-2003, 12:48 PM
i have seen originality in some chinese comedy films..
they are very funny too..

ck-uk
07-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Yeah Paul_NFFC bottom and young ones r classic :lol: Another one i just bought on dvd the other week is Game on with samantha janus funny as fuck but i cant find series 2 :D

Guillaume
07-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Paul_NFFC@7 July 2003 - 13:44

u ever seen bottom
Anything with Rick Mayal in it is good! I'm a big Alan B'stard fan!

Hey, since you're talking about british comedy, anyone knows if/when the Red Dwarf movie is finally released?

Lamsey
07-07-2003, 01:07 PM
The Fast Show! Best British comedy show ever!

terfdurkel
07-07-2003, 01:07 PM
You're defintiely right about the Brits making the funniest shows. Father Ted, Red Dwarf and The Fast Show are some of my faves.
I read somewhere that the Red Dwarf movie begins filming in September.

Paul_NFFC
07-07-2003, 01:15 PM
trigger happy tv use 2 be good too

and ali g was good in its day

Guillaume
07-07-2003, 01:19 PM
"Goodness gracious me!" is good too!

Thank God for cable tv and satellites! Otherwise I wouldn't even know these shows...

MetroStars
07-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah i find Graham Norton funny.. I have seen a few Episodes of Bottom a freind lent me them taped of tv -- I enjoyed them ... as for the rest i have never seen any of Only Fools and Horses - Red Dwarf

Illuminati
07-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Two words - Red Dwarf :D Funny as f*** - But I'd recommend you find the earlier series first (1, 2, possibly 3) - It kinda faded after Series 5/6, went a bit piss :(

Bottom's funny, as is In Sickness & In Health. Only Fools & Horses is a classic, also if you don't mind some old stuff Open All Hours or Are You Being Served? (Check out for both on UK Gold if you have it).

The game shows, I'd suggest Have I Got News For You, They Think It's All Over, Shooting Stars, Never Mind The Buzzcocks and (If you have Paramount) Shoot The Messenger - That last one, the only time you'll ever see a comedian each from Canada & Chester against each other :D

If you ever get bored from the British comedy, I can suggest one other great show on the BBC on Fridays - Robot Wars. Not sure if you saw similar in the US Metro but the American clones of it are mild compared to the UK version of Robot Wars (I think the UK's was the first of the kind though). Even better in that it's hosted by Craig Charles (Red Dwarf's Lister :D). It isn't about races or how well you've built them - It's about beating the crap out of the other competitors as much as you can :devil: And there's been some good destructions in the past - Considering that the Robot Wars world champion's from the UK, we've got no excuse ;)

If you like that - Scrapheap Challenge/Junkyard Wars (Think it changed its name when it went to the States) is another must. You want to see some of the stuff that's been made in it :D Surprisingly enough, it's on Discovery :huh:

"The UK - Perfect place for quality TV" :lol: - Do I sound like a brochure now? ;)

Bebi
07-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Dont overpraise im from britiain and its not so good for me ;) but you should watch "Bottom" its hilarious and the best comedy for britiain is slagging off other poeple which I dont like :P but I agree rick mayal is hilarious in Bottom

loz
07-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Alan Partridge
THE best uk comedy there is :)

TheDave
07-07-2003, 02:52 PM
no ones said fawlty towers

+ speaking of jonathon ross did anyone see the show with jim carrey? i need a recording of the end of that lmfao

MetroStars
07-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Alan Partridge
THE best uk comedy there is

I knew their was 1 i forgot i luv Alan Partridge i only ever caught 3 episodes but thatwas enough for me 2 go and buy the DVD's -- great show this also should b shown around the globe

Paul_NFFC
07-07-2003, 04:00 PM
metrostars you can download pretty much everything mentioned in this thread from kazaa so if you ever run out of things to get then you got 100's of episodes of comedy classics to download B)

MetroStars
07-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Yea Thanks Paul --- Iam currently getting Bo Selecta -- I know u can get the Office on Kazaa...

Paul_NFFC
07-07-2003, 04:23 PM
ive got all the bo selecta episodes and theyre all classics :D im currently getting all the bottom episodes aint seen them for years

MetroStars
07-07-2003, 04:31 PM
Is friday's episode of Bo Selecta on the net.. I did tape it but i want for my computer

Paul_NFFC
07-07-2003, 04:37 PM
yeah i posted it in the verifieds series 2 episode 5

3RA1N1AC
07-07-2003, 09:59 PM
there have been some very funny comedy series in the u.s. in the last few years, but mostly on cable.

4play
07-07-2003, 10:17 PM
you should also try watching porridge that is a classic.

sum_sicko
07-07-2003, 11:20 PM
The Office was some very very good funny shit, so was Trigger Happy tv

Karl
07-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Faulty Towers is the best situation comedy ever!