PDA

View Full Version : What does everyone recommend for p2p?

php111
09-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi,

What does everyone recommend for p2p? I have been using torrents but i really want to try something different. What p2p is good for downloading older movies? I can't use eMule because that freezes on me with Vista.

MBS
09-23-2007, 01:34 AM
try shareaza

Brenya
09-23-2007, 04:13 AM
We recommend bittorrent or newsgroups, mostly. They are safest. And by the way, getting older movies that aren't classics like Hitchcock's Psycho and Vertigo are going to be hard to find where ever you go.

briand5379
09-23-2007, 04:24 AM
Try uTorrent as it uses very little resources.

enviouz
09-23-2007, 08:21 AM
id say try bittorrent. depending on how old the movies are that your looking for you will probobally find them there. however if you would rather use the emule network i know there are a few clients that connect to that network. cant think of them right of hand but i do know there are a few. you may have to google it or head to the emule sub-forum im sure somebody there would know which clients can connect.

php111
09-23-2007, 11:19 AM
id say try bittorrent. depending on how old the movies are that your looking for you will probobally find them there. however if you would rather use the emule network i know there are a few clients that connect to that network. cant think of them right of hand but i do know there are a few. you may have to google it or head to the emule sub-forum im sure somebody there would know which clients can connect.

I want to use eMule or newsgroups. eMule freezes on me and GrabIt gives me an error and i don't know how to use Agent.

php111
09-23-2007, 11:23 AM

I want to use eMule but it freezes on me so i can't use it and i want to use GrabIt but it gives me a 480 error and i don't know how to use Forte Agent. I made topics yesterday on both GrabIt and Agent but no one has replied yet..

php111
09-23-2007, 11:26 AM

I want to use eMule but it freezes on me so i can't use it and i want to use GrabIt but it gives me a 480 error and i don't know how to use Forte Agent. I made topics yesterday on both GrabIt and Agent but no one has replied yet..

munaaf
09-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Look at the guide in the newsgroup section on how to use GrabIt, I did and all i use is that now, first check if ur ISP has a news site, then if it does try find it, put it in the url of server, then shud wrk.

WhiteWizard20
09-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Try Shareaza and LimeWire.

hi_im_fil
10-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Limewire or bearshare, still not as good as bt

$SnoopDo2G$
10-02-2007, 09:28 PM
P2P is good but i also like direct warez links they seems to have a very popular public...

sear
10-02-2007, 09:40 PM

He's not going to find many old movies on that.

$SnoopDo2G$
10-02-2007, 10:05 PM

It depends what he means by old movies ... could be 80's 90's ...

By the way i just found an application Called : Torrentsearcher (http://sourceforge.net/projects/torrentsearcher/) info :

"Torrent Searcher 8.0 is a open source p2p/filesharing program where you can search and download on several of p2p networks. It is easy for use and has a professional interface with nice icons. Include Fasttrack, Gnutella, Open FT and Ares network."

Something Else
10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
For classic movies, emule is great and files have good longevity..Usenet is great too and the kg binary group has plenty.

I strongly suggest you do NOT try Shareaza and LimeWire! (they are filth, IMO)

sear
10-02-2007, 10:10 PM

It depends what he means by old movies ... could be 80's 90's ...

either way gnutella is imho a shit place to get movies. Quality is impossible to control and half the time it's not what you want anyway, and I've found for me at least the speeds are crap. The only thing it's good for is single mp3's and even then BT pisses all over it if you're on the right trackers.

Best bet is to use BT/e-donkey/Newsgroups.

$SnoopDo2G$
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Best bet is to use BT/e-donkey/Newsgroups.

Hell yeah true !!! with verified sources and stuff
but i will add direct links are good too... depends where you find them... :rolleyes:

Something Else
10-02-2007, 11:18 PM
and don't forget soulseek for rare mp3's...