PDA

View Full Version : Burning To A Dvd Disc

zxcvbn
07-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Quick question am I right in thinking that to burn a movie onto a blank dvd disc I require a dvd burner.

Replies would be helpful

southernman
07-08-2003, 10:05 AM
yes

southernman
07-08-2003, 10:11 AM
you could convert the dvd to mpeg and burn to sxvcd and get good results. it's high resolution and from what i've seen as close to dvd quality with having a dvd burner......depending on the size of the movies it'll take more than one cd....i've had good results with movies and some vhs i've captured and converted..you'll need tempenc and the sxvcd templates..

southernman
07-08-2003, 10:12 AM
dammit---that should have said "without a dvd burner"

tralalala
07-08-2003, 10:28 AM
you do not need a dvd burner, any burner will do just fine.
use nero express or nero burning rom which can both be found on kazaa to burn the films.
when you burn, make it a vcd disc so it will convert it to VCD format and then will be watchable on DVD players. Note: it takes a couple of hours to convert a full movie to VCD.

hope this helped,
tralalala

southernman
07-08-2003, 10:42 AM
tralala---the initial question was "am i right in thinking that to burn a movie onto a blank dvd disc i need a dvd burner" the answer is yes..

tralalala
07-08-2003, 10:44 AM
the answer is no, if you want, go send a PM to Paul, board administrator and he will tell you you dont.
all you need is just any regular cd burner...
listen and try...
dvd burners are much more expensive....

tralalala

-Archwolf-
07-08-2003, 10:51 AM
if you say so :P

southernman
07-08-2003, 10:52 AM
tralala-i understand what you're saying--i can burn any movie to cd, ie, vcd, sxvcd, etc...but as the initial question was "can i burn a dvd disc"---no way to put a blank dvd disc in a cdrw are you going to burn the movie without a dvd burner..what you will be doing is converting the dvd to mpeg and then burning it on a cd..as i said earlier, it works fine.

CornerPocket
07-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Movie related question = Movieworld. Please post in appropriate sections.

~MOVED~

tralalala
07-08-2003, 02:37 PM
oh i c, man im so confused today... (must be the heat, or too much sport...). :D