PDA

View Full Version : Burning A Dvd

whiteness
07-08-2003, 01:01 PM
ive read many guides on how to to it and i follow it right and the dvds never work.
i used dvddecryptor to rip the movie to my harddrive since they were below 4.7gb i opened up nero made VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders then extracted to video one and burned but my dvd player didnt read it. did i do it wrong or could it be my dvdv player?

ShareDaddy
07-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by whiteness@8 July 2003 - 08:01
ive read many guides on how to to it and i follow it right and the dvds never work.
i used dvddecryptor to rip the movie to my harddrive since they were below 4.7gb i opened up nero made VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders then extracted to video one and burned but my dvd player didnt read it. did i do it wrong or could it be my dvdv player?
You need to burn the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to the disc as data only. Also never go over 4.36 Gbs and you should not have any issues. When using lesser Quality blank DVD's you may even want the files a bit smaller than 4.36, however for good Quality blank DVD's 4.36 is the magic number, trust me on this.

Also, make sure when decrypting to pull all files off of the DVD, if they are not all present the DVD will not work.

whiteness
07-08-2003, 01:26 PM
if i follow the steps of the tutorial on dvdxcopy would that work?

-JS-
07-08-2003, 06:28 PM
It could be nero, earlier versions were known not to burn dvds correctly. Try and find a program called IMGTool, the guide for burning with it is on doom9.net

PEGASUS
07-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy+8 July 2003 - 14:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShareDaddy @ 8 July 2003 - 14:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-whiteness@8 July 2003 - 08:01
You need to burn the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to the disc as data only. Also never go over 4.36 Gbs and you should not have any issues. When using lesser Quality blank DVD&#39;s you may even want the files a bit smaller than 4.36, however for good Quality blank DVD&#39;s 4.36 is the magic number, trust me on this.

Also, make sure when decrypting to pull all files off of the DVD, if they are not all present the DVD will not work. [/b][/quote]
when u say data do u create an image or just data and nothing else

ShareDaddy
07-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by PEGASUS+8 July 2003 - 16:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PEGASUS @ 8 July 2003 - 16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@8 July 2003 - 14:22
<!--QuoteBegin-whiteness@8 July 2003 - 08:01
You need to burn the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders to the disc as data only. Also never go over 4.36 Gbs and you should not have any issues. When using lesser Quality blank DVD&#39;s you may even want the files a bit smaller than 4.36, however for good Quality blank DVD&#39;s 4.36 is the magic number, trust me on this.

Also, make sure when decrypting to pull all files off of the DVD, if they are not all present the DVD will not work.
when u say data do u create an image or just data and nothing else [/b][/quote]
Data only, no image. I use Veritas RecordNow (only because it came with my DVD Burner), burn the two folders as data and they will play in every DVD player known to man including Sony&#39;s PS2, without a hitch.