PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy Fans-- Did You See Newsweek? (july 14)

mr.awesome
07-09-2003, 07:06 AM
Did anyone see this story in Newsweek?

Newsweek Story (http://www.msnbc.com/news/934647.asp)

I HOPE NOW, FOX KNOWS THEY BLEW IT, THEY BLEW IT HARD, RIGHT WHEN THEY GOT IT!

The ratings would have been better if the did not always change the time, losing viewers every week.

Ohhh.... Well what is done is done...

mr.awesome

**Support Family Guy (on Cartoon Network and now on TBS in the afternoon)

MeMeMeSoHony
07-09-2003, 07:34 AM
TBS! i was about to mention that .....i love that cartoon...family guy , i never knew when the hell that show was gonna be on.... they DID move it around like crazy. man , that sucks , i hope they make more episodes...and of the PJ's too. :unsure:

mogadishu
07-09-2003, 07:38 AM
i find it funnier than the simpsons (which i absolutely love), but its not as original. The simpsons came first and set the stage, but family guy is just so funny.

mr.awesome
07-09-2003, 07:58 AM
I agree mogadishu, Family Guy is better than the Simpsons. The comedy does not stop. But looking back at the Simpsons, they really did not start getting funny till 94' ,95' maybe. I guess it was about the time Homer chilled out and stopped being mean. The later boozin happy Homer made the show so much better.

Family Guy funnier than the Simpsons, in the same time.

But the Simpsons beat the Cosby Show which was huge, so respect......

mr.awesome

wienerschnitzel
07-09-2003, 08:35 AM
I hope you guys saw the unreleased episode of family guy. It was one of the funniest and most offensive. I think it was called When you wish upon a weinstien. I really hope that cartoon network shows that episode like the newsweeks says they plan to. If you can't wait get off of Kazaa.

Also, I think that per episode family guy is funner thatn the simpsons but I can't be sure if it is the best cartoon until they make another 10 seasons (or whatever simpsons had) but if a million people watch a repeat every day around midnight then maybe it is better.

mr.awesome
07-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Ya i have that episode #50, which you are welcome to, but i dont think it was that offensive. It just talked about Jewish culture (and, i didnt think in a bad light).

I just think it was fox's cop-out reason for just not airing the last episode.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
07-09-2003, 10:12 AM
aye second the statement that family guy is a truly great show, even above the simpsons

-=Hellfire=-
07-15-2003, 01:11 AM
Pitty Americans dont find it funny. So they have stopped making it. :(

AznRocky
07-15-2003, 01:48 AM
Fox wouldv'e made so much $$$ if they still aired it

mogadishu
07-15-2003, 03:58 AM
im half jewish and i found the 50th episode to be hilarious. I really dont care about jewish jokes etc.. i mean look at whos making the jokes.. i mean what if homer called me a dirty jew.. i would laugh cus he was so drunk.

Jay
07-15-2003, 07:15 AM
i really hope they make more episodes of family guy and air it on cartoon network at least they know a good show when they see one.

Twigboy
07-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Yes this has become one of my favorite shows now.I'm glad cartoon network picked it up.Some of thier sundaynight Adultswim shows are pretty good to.

mr.awesome
07-15-2003, 02:22 PM
truely im glad that some people are startin' to turn around...
or at least start to enjoy family guy more and more....

((let's just hope because of this buzz from Newsweek (and the truth), we can see some new episodes))

:o :lol: :D

schmitzelzeakial
07-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Being an avid fan (as you should be too) try doing what I did and sign petions (www.petitionoline.com I think) or just simply turn the show on on as many tvs in your house or neighborhood as you can. I would contract a flaming case of Herpes just to see new episodes by Seth. Do as I did and help support this great show!
Buy!

EnJoi
07-15-2003, 06:24 PM
simpsons sucks

tbs no

Iam_theman
07-16-2003, 03:48 AM
dude i am happy as hell that family guy is back but iam not sure if the creators going to make new episodes. If any one any info on new episodes PM me

CYA :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: