PDA

View Full Version : aom giveaway

forSparta
10-03-2007, 03:47 AM
how to enter:
post or pm me some amazing impromptu mentalism tricks and you get the aom account.
no gimmicks!

embolism
10-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Will call this pen through anything trick
Display the bill in your left hand, and the pen in your right.
Crease the bill in the middle with both hands.
Hold the bill facing the audience and let the pen go behind it. And start folding the bottom part upwards.

Continue pressing up the bill with the left thumb and steal the tip with your right hands 3rd and 4th finger in the cover.
Stress the smoothness at this point. And while practising have in mind what it is supposed to look like.
Finish the movement with the left thumb and clip the bill with the 1st and 2nd finger of the right hand.
The tip remains clipped between the fingers.
Tilt the bill forward so that the cap is pointing towards the spectators and let the tip attach to the pen outside the bill while doing it.

This is done to convince the audience that the pen is lying inside the folded bill.
Tilt the bill back so it is straight in front of you.

Grab the cap with the right hand and seemingly push the pen firmly "through" the bill.
Making a nice "ripping-sound".
Put the index finger inside the folded bill and try to give it a convincing display as you pull the pen to the right.

snap3r
10-03-2007, 04:09 AM
wow great giveaway mate > heres what magic trick i found :)

Group Levitation Secret

An interesting stunt where a person is lifted up into the air by the fingertips of a group. Interesting and mystifying theory. Read how it's done here.
Effect: A person becomes seemingly weightless and may be lifted from a chair on the index fingers of four smaller people.
Although various explanations have been proposed, this classic stunt continues to mystify and amuse.

Stage 1: The person to be lifted ( choose a fairly heavy person ) should be relaxed but upright on a firm chair. Feet should be on the floor and their hands on their lap.

The four assistants should stand two on each side of the person, one by each shoulder and one by each knee. Each assistant should make fists with both hands, then extend the two forefingers and touch them together, gently but firmly the two assistants standing by the shoulders, place their extended forefingers under the seated persons right or left armpit.

The other two assistants place their forefinger under the seated persons left or right knee The person to be lifted thinks "down" and imagines him or herself to be sinking into the chair. In this position, the four assistants should try to lift the person.

Stage 2: The assistants should now place their palms on top of the seated persons knee or shoulder and together, exert a steady downwards force. While they are doing this someone counts out loud from one to ten. On the count of nine, the four assistants quickly take their former positions with extended forefingers under the armpit or knee. On the count of ten, they try again to lift the person. The seated person should think"up" and imagine himself or herself rising into the air. If these instructions are followed carefully, the person will soar straight up into the air on the forefingers of the assistants.
This trick is very visual and can really entertain a crowd.

napster5
10-03-2007, 04:12 AM
wow it's a great giveaway mate

i'll try my luck here

i found this trick

1. “Think of any card” it's a wild guess but a spectator will almost always think of the Nine of diamonds, Ace of spades, Queen of Hearts or the Six of Clubs. Have each of those cards hidden on you in different pockets, remember which card is where so that you can reveal the hopefully chosen card.
2. “Pick a number between 50-100 with even and different digits.” Answer: 68.
3. “Pick a number between 1-1,000” Answer:333
4. Fan a set of cards with one face card and the 4Hin the center, nine times out of ten the spectator will pick the four because it's in the center and it appears uncommon. (i.e. 7C,AD,4H,KH,9D) . Have a duplicate 4H, already slipped into the spectators pocket and ask them to check the pocket after they have hopefully selected the 4H from your cards.
5. Borrow a coin from someone, secretly switch it with an already bent coin that you had in your hand and have them hold your coin in their hand.Tell them to concentrate and imagine that the coin that they are holding is bending. When they open their hand to examine the coin, they will think that the coin has bent while in their hand. Tell them that they have they have bent it with their mind! Just stick your coin in a vice and bend it previously to performing the trick.
Say some Blaine like things to help your magic such as: “Let me show you something strange, I'm going to try something, I've never done this before, It's bizarre, Do you (Did you) feel that? That's crazy, That's scary, Can I try something with you?”

asafb
10-03-2007, 04:13 AM
edited

--------------------------------
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-high-level-trackers-236020#post2306842

srahman
10-03-2007, 02:27 PM
A weight on the end of a string, held by a spectator, swings back and forth in answer to the questions addressed to it.

Use a spool, a light fishing sinker, a rubber ball, or even a stone. Tie or tack a 12-inch length of string to the weight. On the other end of the string, tie a ring about 1?2 inches in diameter, or tie a loop of the same size in the end of the string.

Hand this "Swami" to a spectator, and have him place his right forefinger in the loop and hang the weight in front of him. Tell him to keep his finger extended, as if pointing, and to hold it very still. You are going to ask him some questions. He is not to answer, but Swami will, by causing the weight to swing to and fro for a "yes" answer, and in a circle for a "no" answer.

Ask him several simple questions that can be answered with a yes or no. No matter how hard he tries to keep his hand still, the weight will move and answer his question.

Why does it work? I don't know, but it does! Try it!

Haha if you can explain to me how this works, I'll give someone an Oink invite :)

dzsemm
10-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't speak english therefore I can't write a tale here :D but I also would like the acc :D

titofat
10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
i will try i know one: coin bite trick
The magician borrows a coin from the spectator and is seen to take a bite out of the coin.
preparation:Take a quarter and file one side of it down so it looks like someone has bitten a chunk of it off.
Method: Approach a spectator and ask them to borrow a quarter.
You already have the gimmicked quarter in palm position between your thumb and forefinger of your right hand. Take the quarter from the spectator and quietly move your finger and thumb and switch the coins.
Their coin is now slid to the back of your finger.

Konsignacija
10-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Magic Toothpick Trick

Effect:

The magician shows a pan full of water with five toothpicks in the shape of a pentagon.
The magician takes his magic toothpick and dips it in the center of the pentagon. The five toothpicks fly apart, breaking the pentagon!
Someone from the audience says... oh, that's just what happens when you do that, it's not magic. The magician arranges the five toothpicks back into a pentagon and hands the person in the audience the magic toothpick. The person dips it in the center. Nothing happens. It really was magic!
Supplies:

a tinfoil pan (a pie plate or leftover Chinese food plate work well)
water
6 flat wooden toothpicks
the magic ingredient: liquid dishwashing soap Before the Audience - Preparation:

Dip one of your toothpicks in liquid dishwashing soap. Set it aside for now.
Make sure your pan is clean. Rinse it well with water. Fill it quite full of water (but not so full that you're going to spill it).
In Front of the Audience - Preparation:

Arrange the five SOAPLESS toothpicks in the shape of a pentagon. Make sure the tips of the toothpicks overlap so your pentagon stays together. This can be a bit of a challenge the first time you do it, so practice arranging the toothpicks at home a few times first and consider arranging them while the audience is seating itself.
Now, when the audience is settled, let them look at the pentagon. They may have to stand to do this or you may want to do the trick on the floor with the audience around you in a U-shape.
Tell the audience that you've arranged the toothpicks into a special five sided shape called a pentagon and that you're going to cast a spell on the sixth toothpick to imbue it with some of your magical force so it will be able to break apart the pentagon. (big words always impress an audience *grin*)
Take out the sixth toothpick (the one that was dipped in dish soap) and wave your hand over it while chanting some magical words. Close your eyes and frown a bit so it looks like you're working on putting your magic into the toothpick.
Words you could chant: Alaka penta Abraka magic
Now, dip the magical toothpick into the center of the pentagon (Make sure you dip the soapy end in the water and try to get it as close to the center of the shape as possible -- the soap shouldn't be visible anymore). The five toothpicks will fly apart.
If you have a non-believer in the audience, offer to let them try the trick. Arrange the pentagon in the water again and hand them the magic toothpick. Let them dip it in the center. It won't work!
If the audience asks you to do the trick a second time, just tell them that it takes awhile to recharge your magical force. You have to rest before you can put more of it into a toothpick, otherwise you could lose your magic forever!
Secret:

Throughout history, a lot of 'magic' has really been science disguised with a few silly words. This is one of those tricks.
All things (including water) is made up of tiny things called molecules). Water molecules like each other and stick together (that's why when a bit of water falls on a table or window, it blobs together in a little droplet).
The surface of the water has a layer of clingy molecules on it -- this layer is called the water's surface tension. The toothpicks were nice and flat so they were floating on this layer.

Remember that we dipped the sixth toothpick in dish soap? That's the real trick to this trick. The soap molecules break the surface tension of the water. This effect spreads out in an ever widening ring (like ripples in the water when you throw a rock in a lake). The molecules originally holding the toothpicks break apart. The molecules farther away from where you dipped the toothpick still have their surface tension (for a little longer) so they pull the toothpick toward them. Of course, eventually the "ripples" of soap hit those molecules too.

Once the soap is in the water, the surface tension won't come back. That's why the audience member couldn't recreate the trick. It will only work once and then you have to clean everything up and use new toothpicks to do the trick a second time. That's also why you have to be careful that your pan is well rinsed before you do the trick.

Very nice giveaway bro :P, lucky one who you pick :)

DominatoR
10-03-2007, 02:53 PM
ops

shar
10-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Coin Through Handkerchief Trick
A coin appears to magically pass through a handkerchief without leaving a hole

You Will Need: A handkerchief and a coin.

Method: Put the coin in your right hand and cover it with the handkerchief.

Next, pretend to straighten it out, but while doing that, tuck a little bit of the handkerchief in between the coin and your thumb.

Take the front of the handkerchief (the side facing your audience) and throw it over the back, showing that the coin is still there.

Now take both sides of the handkerchief, and throw them to the front. (It should stay because of the piece of handkerchief that you tucked between your thumb and coin earlier).

Start twisting it from the bottom, so that it is being twisted around the coin.

The coin will want to come out, but don't let it yet.

Continue twisting until it is tight.

Now push the coin through as if it is penetrating the handkerchief.

Take the coin out and show no hole!!! Aren't you proud??!!

great giveaway mate

hope it will be me

good-luck to everybody

Saroman
10-03-2007, 06:15 PM
I could have posted a trick by copy pasting from any site ;),
But i'd rather honestly ask for any invite :)

My ratios are pretty good at all the trackers.

I am looking for AOM since long time. I can assure you that I won't trade/cheat/get banned on it :D

Nice giveaway in long time...

Even if by any reason you can't give it to me, its perfectly alright :)

Cheers..

monk3y
10-03-2007, 06:33 PM
it's pathetic everybody here googled 'impromptu mentalism tricks' to get a level 7 account, that's my opinion.

Tristan
10-03-2007, 07:09 PM
are there some movies with magic tricks? If not I don't need it ;/

ohmboys
10-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Interesting giveaway , and kinda funny , everyone became megicans in no time

forSparta
10-03-2007, 08:37 PM
You can tell who used google :(
snap3r is pretty much the only person to name something that was impromptu mentalism

most of the tricks in this thread aren't mentalism, and some are even not impromptu :(

snap3r is currently winning this giveaway, but I will give it more time considering he stole the trick from Kreskin :x

Saroman
10-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Snapers Trick from :-

http://www.goodtricks.net/grouplev3.html

Thats what i meant from my post that i dont wanna post from any random site ;)

snap3r
10-03-2007, 08:46 PM
You can tell who used google :(
snap3r is pretty much the only person to name something that was impromptu mentalism

most of the tricks in this thread aren't mentalism, and some are even not impromptu :(

snap3r is currently winning this giveaway, but I will give it more time considering he stole the trick from Kreskin :x
i didnt steal the trick from nobody i just used google and found it there :)
this is the link http://www.goodtricks.net/frameset6.html
so did i win mate or you will decide later :)

forSparta
10-03-2007, 09:28 PM
no one won, i was just pointing out you at least entered the competition correctly :P

Saroman
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
lol...i didnt expect u to giveaway...AOM...

after readin ur past posts...

still thought i mite be wrong..;)

forSparta
10-03-2007, 09:42 PM
i would have if anyone here actually liked magic... its obvious no one here does though... the people who entered this thread just wanted it to trade...

snap3r
10-03-2007, 09:44 PM
i would have if anyone here actually liked magic... its obvious no one here does though... the people who entered this thread just wanted it to trade...
lol i dont trade accounts mate

Tokeman
10-03-2007, 10:14 PM
So you make a giveaway, put some req's, people post what you've asked for (at least one did) and you aren't going to follow through because you assume they are ALL traders?

Way to show your fellow FST'ers the love. Maybe you need a new forum to post in since you do not seem to like it here much based on your posts.

kcsaba
10-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Great giveaway mate

Do As I Do!

You produce two decks of cards, one for you and one for a spectator. You both shuffle your decks, secretly choose and card, memorize it and then cut it into the middle of the deck. You then switch decks, and each look for your chosen card and place it face down on the table. When the cards are turned over, you've both chosen the same card.

This effect can be done with any two decks of cards – they don't need to be prepared in any way.

Produce the two decks and invite the spectator to choose one of them. It doesn't matter which one he chooses. You then both shuffle your decks.

Now switch decks but as you do so, glimpse the card on the bottom of your deck and memorize it. This can be done very casually as you hand the deck over.

Ask the spectator to fan the cards in front of his face, choose one, memorize it and place it on top of deck without letting you seeing what card it is.

You do the same but use any card – just keep memorizing the card from before.

Now ask him to reassemble the deck, cut it and complete the cut so the his chosen card is lost in the deck. You do the same.

Switch decks again and ask your spectator to look through the deck until he finds his chosen card. Ask him to remove the card and place it face down on the table.

As he does this, you look for the card you memorized and remove the card immediately to the right of it, placing it face down on the table.

Now recap what you've done. Say:

“We both shuffled our decks, chose a card, switched decks and then located our chosen card in the other deck. What
you didn't realize was that through subtle use of body language and phrasing, I subconsciously influenced you to chose one particular card. The same card that I chose ...”
“Turn over your card ...” He does so.
“Which was exactly the card that I chose!”

And you turn over you card to reveal that it matches his.

gaara400
10-03-2007, 11:09 PM
great give away bro

iam not magician but iam very intersted in the magic tricks

here is a small trick called envelope trick

the magician using

piece of paper
a pen
an envelope

how he do it

The magician asks for a volunteer to write down four numbers on a piece of paper.
The magician asks the volunteer to TOTAL up the numbers.
The magician opens a sealed envelope and it has the same number as the TOTAL!
(or have the magic puppet pull out an envelope and hand it to the magician. Have the puppet "whisper" to the magician to open up the envelope.)

the secrets of this trick

Before the show, write down a four figure number that is 2 times the current year's date. For example, in the year 2000, the number would = 4000. In the year 2001, the number would = 4002
Seal the paper in the envelope.
At the show, ask a helper to write down the year he was born.
Ask him to write down the year of an important event in his life (for example, the year he started school or the year he lost his first tooth)
Ask him to write down his age
Ask him to write down the number of years that have passed since the important event
(these numbers HAVE to be right *grin*... if it's been 4 years since the event and he writes down 3, the trick won't work)
The years have to be whole numbers (he can't say he's 6 and a half years old)
Have the assistant TOTAL the 4 numbers.
Open the envelope. The TOTAL will be the same as the number you already wrote down!

iam very intersted in the magic shows

finally i apprecaited if i have got the AOm

kcsaba
10-03-2007, 11:13 PM
another great mentalism effect

Pseudo-Hypnosis

You invite a man and a woman to participate in this experiment. Position the man and woman standing facing each other and instruct the man to lift the woman by placing his hands under her armpits. He will successfully lift her.

You then wave a hand in front of the man's face and suggest to him that the next time he tries to lift her, he will find it more difficult. The man tries to lift her again and sure enough, this time he struggles to lift her.

This effect looks like hypnosis but actually relies on a principle of mechanics to work.

The first time the man lifts the woman, have them standing quite close together so the man's arms are bent when lifting her. After the first lift, step between them, stand in front of the man and perform your pseudo-hypnosis as follows.

Waving your hand in front of his face, say

“OK, just close your eyes for a moment”

“In a moment I'm going to ask you to try lifting this lady again.
On this next attempt, you will find it much more difficult.”

Tap your forefinger on his forehead and say

“OK open your eyes and try lifting her again.”

Here comes the most important part of this effect. Gently guide the pair into position, with the man and woman twice further apart than before.

This time the man will need to extend his arms more to lift her. Twice the difference means double the effort. So even if he can still lift her, he will find it more difficult. You wording has been sufficiently vague (“you will find it much more difficult”) that whether he lifts her or not, both outcomes are valid.

More Pseudo-Hypnosis

Against their will, a spectator's fingers stick together under mind control.

Ask a spectator to fold their hands together, weaving the fingers and clasping them tightly. After a few moments, ask them to raise their two index fingers so they are sticking up, about an inch apart.

Now slowly and without touching the spectator's hands, move your hands theirs and say

"Concentrate on your fingers. Soon they will begin to move together. You can fight it but they will still touch!"

Slowly but inevitably, their fingers will start to move together.

forSparta
10-03-2007, 11:53 PM
kcsaba, good stuff :)

kcsaba
10-04-2007, 12:11 AM
I would very much like to be a member of AOM :)

snap3r
10-04-2007, 05:23 AM
hahaha hes banned :lol::lol:
someone can close the topic now cuz this guy will never return :lol::yup:

Saroman
10-04-2007, 08:14 PM
thts what i meant from previous post where i said that hes accused of scamming by various ppl..

1ToPGuN1
10-04-2007, 08:22 PM
why he got banned?