PDA

View Full Version : Heat

Infested Cats
07-10-2003, 04:44 AM
I just watched the movie Heat (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0113277), and I just wanted to say, I thought it was great. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

For the people out there that saw it, what did you think? I read the forums at IMDB and there are definatley a real mix of people who love and hate this movie. I, for one, loved it. I don't think I've seen this movie mentioned too many times here at the forum... but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

With about 3 hours of movie, you're definatley getting some bang for your buck (big bang if you download over kazaa ;)). If you haven't seen this movie, take some time out and download/rent it.

slimboyfatz
07-10-2003, 07:27 AM
Yeah i'm with ya on this one, probably one of the best crime thrillers of all time and one of my all time faves (shit even Val Kilmer is good in it, how often can u say that?). Top director in Michael Mann and only the 2 best actors of all time in the same movie Big Al & Rob, actually it was also the 1st and only time they had shared the same scene together (the restaraunt shot), they have been in the same films previously (godfather2), but never in the same scene!!! ;)
Actually its also worth watching the original version of 'Heat' called 'LA takedown' its directed by Michael Mann also but its more like a TV movie in looks/budget..Mann said himself that he made heat because he was never impressed with the result of the 1st one and he always wanted to remake it with a bigger budget... :D Watch it Again!!

Riddler
07-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Excellent flick ! Waited for DeNiro & Pacino to share the screen for the 1st time and when it happened, you could just feel the electrical charge they produced. I think even THEY must have known the significance of it and wanted to make it real.
All the supporting cast was superb.......Kilmer ( I know what you mean slimboyfatz, but what a surprise ).....Sizemore ( never seen him junk a role )........Voight........Judd........Wes Studi ( broke away nicely from the "Last of the Mohicans" typecasting ). Micheal Mann also directed two of my other all-time favourite films; Manhunter & Ali. Interesting bit of trivia....he also directed Studi in " Mohicans ". B)

Darth Sushi
07-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Excellent flick! The scene where Pacino and DeNiro meet in the coffee shop was worth the price of admission in the theater. The scary part was eventhough I believe in law and order, I secretly wanted DeNiro's charater to escape for being an exceptional thief.

mr.awesome
07-10-2003, 11:00 AM
:lol: i think that Heat (and mike mann) are def in my top five action movie in the last 30 to 35 years.

:ph34r: "shit one of my good friends from college knew pacino's makeup and hair (for the shoot in the coffee shop, the only face to face)

and the luck bitch got a script signed by nero and pacino on that part of the script..

that lucky bastard, but anyway Heat is tip top

i love how val sets it off but pacino ended it (bank rob shots)>> but the sweet spot is that at least one got away.
;) <_< :huh: :) :rolleyes: :D

johnnytightlips2
07-10-2003, 12:20 PM
yeah i watched this movie too, and i got to say when u combine gangster type actors together u get a spectacular movie. my fav part was when the bank robbery takes place and they start shooting with m4s,m16s and killing all the cops.

[B][O][T]
07-10-2003, 12:28 PM
I for one love this movie, it&#39;s one of My favorite&#33;

BOT

slimboyfatz
07-10-2003, 01:07 PM
And at the rate of sounding a total Wuss i thought the ending to Heat where Pacino shoots De-niro and rob saying about himself never going back (to prison) is a pretty emotional scene, i think its in the setting and music thats playing and all that&#33;?&#33;...Blub Blub :(

Anyone remember who did the soundtrack for this movie, i think the end theme is great (have heard used over the top of a lot of other TV shit since).. ;)

slimboyfatz
07-10-2003, 01:10 PM
F**k what a great movie..im gonna go and watch it now..gonna dust off that old VHS..i need somma that good stuff Baby&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

Actually while were at it does anyone know if theres a DVD rip version on Kazaa..one with loads of sources?? <_<

Darth Sushi
07-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by slimboyfatz@10 July 2003 - 14:07
Anyone remember who did the soundtrack for this movie, i think the end theme is great (have heard used over the top of a lot of other TV shit since).. ;)
&#39;God Moving Over the Face of the Waters&#39; - Moby

MetroStars
07-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Yea this is a good movie -- luv the start

slimboyfatz
07-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sushi+10 July 2003 - 21:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi &#064; 10 July 2003 - 21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slimboyfatz@10 July 2003 - 14:07
&#39;God Moving Over the Face of the Waters&#39; - Moby [/b][/quote]
Ya joking that was the Veggie man himself Moby doing the end theme, good on ya lad..boy has that man some talents..what has&#39;nt that guyz music appeared on/in??? ;)

johnnytightlips2
07-11-2003, 12:36 AM
i think i got a dvd rip or a very high quality vhs rip and i got it from fasttrackmovies.com

Schmiggy_JK23
07-11-2003, 01:33 AM
great flick.

Top notch. Definately something I wanna get ahold of. Seen it on tv a few times, parts here and there, watched the 2nd half all through once on vhs. Never sat down and watched a good copy all the way through though. Maybe now is the time&#33;

slimboyfatz
07-13-2003, 12:37 AM
Just found a great DVD rip of &#39;Heat&#39; on Kazaa, its got loads of sources as well, it just that is paraded as been &#39;Anger Management&#39; :angry: It is heat though..the filename is heat (dvd rip).avi or something...Enjoy ;)