PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Actually Get The Verified Movies?

Grady
07-10-2003, 07:49 AM
How do I get to where I can watch the movies I get out of the Verified Movies section? It goes to My Shared Folder, but its in a DAT file. How do I get it to work? What do I need to do? Thanks

TIBZ
07-10-2003, 07:55 AM
let it download lol and wen its done u watch

slimboyfatz
07-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Dat. files will play in WMP9 or WinDVD no problem at all, jus' load em up and off ya go..and dat is dat!! ;)

Grady
07-10-2003, 08:16 AM
I dont mean that...I mean when you go to the verfied movies section of the site, and you find a movie you want, and you click on it, something comes up and says that its been added to your Shared Folder. Well in the Shared Folder it is a DAT. File. But its only 100kb. What do I do to get that 100kb file to play? Its really small. What else do I need to download to watch it? and why does it put the DAT. files in the folder if you cant watch it? Thanks

Cl1mh4224rd
07-10-2003, 08:23 AM
Heh... That's not the movie. Fire up K-Lite and wait for it download.

iamtheoneandonlyone
07-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Get sig2dat and download it. Download one of the things you want to download and download it. Then restart Kazaa Lite and it should show up in you traffic window.

Ma5t3rM1nD
07-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Once you click on a sig2dat quicklink you load or reload your K Lite and then go to the traffics. It should start downloading after a while, once it has gotten past a few megabytes you can use AVI Preview to Preview it, if it is a .avi file. The 100kb is just a dummy file to keep the download their, also you can't just play a .dat file if you want to watch it without AVI Preview make a copy of it and then rename it to movie.avi then use this tool called DivFix and rebuild the index then you will be able to play it.

Barbiegirl
07-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Grady@10 July 2003 - 04:16
when you go to the verfied movies section of the site, and you find a movie you want, and you click on it, something comes up and says that its been added to your Shared Folder. Well in the Shared Folder it is a DAT. File. But its only 100kb. What do I do to get that 100kb file to play?
When you click on the verified link, the file for that link gets added to your shared folder - it's not the actual movie - it's just a link to GET to the movie. Basically, all it does is get the download process started in your shared folder. By clicking on a link, you don't have to bother going to Kazaa and doing a search and you don't have to worry that the file you are going to download is a fake. You have by-passed the search process and already have the file you want to download. After you click on the verified link(s) and you get the little message that says it has been added to your Shared File, you have to open up Kazaa or if you are already in Kazaa, you have to shut it down and re-start it. Then click on "traffic". You will see that the file link(s) that were added to your shared file are now in your traffic window and hopefully they will start downloading. If the source is not online and there are no other sources, it might not start downloading, but it will be remotely queued. Then you just have to wait for the movie to download like you always do. If there are a lot of sources, you might get the movie downloaded within an hour. If there are not a lot of sources and speeds are slow, it can take you a day or longer. Clicking on the verified hash is a shortcut to find the movie you are looking for - but the actual downloading process remains the same.