PDA

View Full Version : Request: Revolt Invite

tankoman
10-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Hey friends,

I am requesting again for a revolt invite. I want to emphasize that I do not want it for its torrents but for the amazing community I have heard it is. I am happy to provide my usernames on various trackers so that you may check how active I am in various communities. I know I have traded in the past or at least tried to, but now times have changed for me :)

I would be really glad and thankful to a person who is willing to help me out with it. I assure your invite will be in safe hands.

Best Regards

tuning
10-09-2007, 08:51 AM
:lol:

there arent Revolt invites. :D

JA
10-09-2007, 09:11 AM

They are pretty rare ...only staff + a few people i think...

Anyhow, i've known this guy for a while now, i can gaurantee you he uses the invite you give him :)..

One of those good users looking for a reasonable community, anyhow good luck buddy.

blackbird
10-09-2007, 09:11 AM

power users and up do get invites :shifty:

tankoman
10-09-2007, 09:48 AM

They are pretty rare ...only staff + a few people i think...

Anyhow, i've known this guy for a while now, i can gaurantee you he uses the invite you give him :)..

One of those good users looking for a reasonable community, anyhow good luck buddy.

Thanks a ton JA. You have been a wonderful friend and thanks for placing your trust in me. :)

LostHeroes
10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey friends,

I am requesting again for a revolt invite. I want to emphasize that I do not want it for its torrents but for the amazing community I have heard it is. I am happy to provide my usernames on various trackers so that you may check how active I am in various communities. I know I have traded in the past or at least tried to, but now times have changed for me :)

I would be really glad and thankful to a person who is willing to help me out with it. I assure your invite will be in safe hands.

Best Regards

Looking at your profile
#########################################
Total Posts: 41 (0.38 posts per day) Most active in BitTorrent Invites (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f--90/) with 30 posts. ( 71.43% )

Last rep recieved: 09-2007
Comment: Trusted Trader
##########################################

We dont take kindly to your type at Revolt, so don't bother.

desiKing
10-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Looking at your profile
Total Posts: 41 (0.38 posts per day) Most active in BitTorrent Invites (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f--90/) with 30 posts. ( 71.43% )

:O:O:O:O

Assuming you must be revolt SysOp/Mods.

robocris
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I would give you one if I had but I have no more invites sorry but I'm sure you will get one , and by the way everyone deserves a second chance.

orpazgeula88
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Lol!
Sure you get an invite :)

LostHeroes
10-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I would give you one if I had but I have no more invites sorry but I'm sure you will get one , and by the way everyone deserves a second chance.

So your nick on Revolt is...?

MrLazy
10-09-2007, 05:29 PM
i'd appreciate it if someone could drop me a invite at revolt too. heard that its a great community and would really like to spend some time chatting with other people there :)

hangemhigh
10-09-2007, 05:33 PM
do you like walking on eggshells?
thats how revolt is, make a joke or witty remark someone don't like and your gone.
site sucks in my opinion

SgtMajor
10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Hangemhigh, what utter codswollop you profuse.

kallieb
10-09-2007, 05:48 PM
thats how revolt is, make a joke or witty remark someone don't like and your gone.
site sucks in my opinion

Nothing could be further from the truth. Revolt is unique because it is all about discussion and diversity. The tracker is an after-thought, a means to which interesting files can be shared amongst friends (last count I think was around 11 files I believe:w00t:).

To ban someone for freedom of expression on Revolt would be like banning someone from FST for asking about file-sharing.

Accounts are deleted only because there was an attempt to deceive -- pure and simple. By this, it means, if you: Created a duplicate account, signed up via a proxy or some other deceptive means, or attempt to reach the 25 posts needed for PU status by writing such pearls of wisdom as: Ya me to m8, or my personal favourite...Ya I liked that movie 2...

If this was the case then it is likely why the account was deleted.

Bottom line, an account at Revolt is deleted not because they didn't like your opinion, but because you really didn't express one!

josegavara
10-09-2007, 05:49 PM
tankoman

JA put you name forward recently and when I was asked I blocked your chance of getting an invite. I don't believe you would like revolt and we don't approve of traders, which you have been involved in up to last month.

MrLazy
10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
as i said before .. its all about the diverse and interesting community that im after ...i already know its more of a forum than a tracker, that is perfectly fine with me.. :D

if anyone has an invite they can spare, feel free to pm me. and guys plz leave the negative comments aside ..its really not necessary if you really think about it ;)

Sawyer2020
10-09-2007, 05:59 PM
revolt great community but very rare
never be there before but I hope I'll one day
Good luck m8 :)

MrLazy
10-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Good luck m8 :)thanks mate :D

PoOki
10-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Good luck m8 :)thanks mate :D

I dont think he was talking to you :whistling

tankoman
10-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey friends,

Best Regards

Looking at your profile

I am happy to pm you profile links at various trackers and you can see for yourself how active i am in the forums :)

spark
10-09-2007, 06:40 PM
He was not talking about being active....they hate traders...

MrLazy
10-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Looking at your profile

I am happy to pm you profile links at various trackers and you can see for yourself how active i am in the forums :)to make it more obvioous and clear for you ...it says "Trusted Trader" on your comment. you think trackers like traders ? :( no they dont.:whistling

LostHeroes
10-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Looking at your profile

I am happy to pm you profile links at various trackers and you can see for yourself how active i am in the forums :)

No pm's necessary, my reasons for not inviting you are clear, simply and fair.

1. I don't know you... (most important rule of all)
2. I have looked at your post history here and based on that you dont make a good impression. 40 posts, 30 of which are about trading.
3. On your profile here it states you traded in September and were given a comment of being a "Trusted Trader". While you may have "given up" trading, I think it would be asking a lot thinking I should accept your word considering this fact.

Honestly, to me it seems you may have become a member of all the torrent sites you need through trading, have gotten all you need by doing so and are "giving up" trading because you feel it will benifit your status in the torrent community.... therefore I dont see why I should be obliged to offer you an invite.

I don't see how anyone could see this as me being unfair.

I will say however, I would not hold it against you if you recieved an invite through becoming a friend of a "known" member of Revolt on another site and he/she feels you would fit into our community... theres your second chance but it doesnt come free.

###########################

On an unrelated note

" Total Posts: 41 (0.38 posts per day) Most active in BitTorrent Invites (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../f--90/) with 30 posts. ( 71.43% )"

how does (30/41)100 make 71.43%??

phantom
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
LostHeroes (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/lostheroes-153926) u could look in my history too if u want cause i really like one invite there, if i deserve it, of course... :D :) :D

MrLazy
10-09-2007, 08:14 PM
damn if someone could just invite me to revolt :(

Artemis
10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Take the advice in Kallieb's reply and read it carefully, revolt is all about the community and being a quality member and thinking about your replies, spamming for the sake of post count is the fastest way to the exit. I think the admins have explained the rest of revolt's philosophy, but you should take note of all the replies here.

Emperator
10-09-2007, 08:52 PM
LostHeroes (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/lostheroes-153926), are you sure any revolt staff has never traded before??

its wierd they are part of sct, fsc, e****, how they did it?

blackbird
10-09-2007, 08:56 PM
LostHeroes (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/lostheroes-153926), are you sure any revolt staff has never traded,??

:lol: really funny

revolt is a nice community .. i wonder how many people will want revolt if that rarity value is taken away :whistling

i wonder why kimii is banned in revolt ...

phantom
10-09-2007, 08:57 PM
i do... for sure... i like a lot DJ Che... ;)

lessthanfour
10-09-2007, 08:59 PM
I don't see how anyone could see this as me being unfair.

You are not being unfair at all... in fact, you're being very fair. They are your invites, and you should only invite those who you see fit. It is very fair to only invite those who would benefit the community.

I am not a member of Revolt, but from what I understand it is a pretty good community. You'd actually be being unfair to the community if you invited someone who you thought was unfit, wouldn't contribute, or didn't fit into the community beliefs.

Emperator
10-09-2007, 09:12 PM
its really funny, all member in revolt are there becouse they have traded something and they really know the "trade scene."
Now they ar in revolt, noooooobody is a trader and they all hate traders..

lessthanfour
10-09-2007, 09:20 PM
its really funny, all member in revolt are there becouse they have traded something and they really know the "trade scene."

How do you know that? Are you under the impression that everyone has to trade to get what they want?

Believe it or not, there are plenty of people who have never traded before.

LostHeroes
10-09-2007, 09:20 PM
LostHeroes (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/lostheroes-153926), are you sure any revolt staff has never traded before??
Yes and 99% of the member base.

Simple, don't trade and you'll find you don't need to trade. Join a site on open sign-ups, take part in the community, respect the rules and you'll get in any site you want.

kallieb
10-09-2007, 09:22 PM

please enlighten us with the source of your amazing inside information.;)

How can you say that all members are traders. this thinking reflects the belief that the only way to advance to sites is through trading. I suggest this view is misguided; but ultimately will result in the individual consistently being on the outside looking in. Many sites -- revolt most definitely included -- do not tolerate well anyone who would even try to trade their account. This is a sure way to have the account deleted.

They, along with most other trackers, value their privacy. Subsequently, the practice of trading and account dealing/selling is the fastest and most sure-fired way to compromise the security of a site.

This is the basic rule of torrenting and if one doesn't get this principle then nothing else will make sense.

Emperator
10-09-2007, 09:26 PM

Simple, don't trade and you'll find you don't need to trade. Join a site on open sign-ups, take part in the community, respect the rules and you'll get in any site you want.

good answer.
but i have to tell you something, nobody started in the bittorrent comunnity doin that. not even you.
Maybe you have a cuple of years in this, and now you realised, its not funny to trade, like i do.. but i dont hate traders, i do ton ban him, and i give him a second chance...

phantom
10-09-2007, 09:28 PM

the sad part is that on open signup a lot of ppl can sign in and in reality a lot of them are traders or cheaters... u know... one of this example is very well known here in FST, after the revolt sign up a lot of foolish ppl want to trade his own acc to get what he want, and other ppl that deserve or need one of this acc give nothing... ;)

pro267
10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Now they ar in revolt, noooooobody is a trader and they all hate traders..:lol:

Of course, you figured it all out.. all Revolt member are traders. You, on the other hand, are obviously a respectable member here who is of course anti trading, and would therefore never consider joining such an obscene community as Revolt.

I'm sure they're wiping their noses as I type.

sear
10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
i have to tell you something, nobody started in the bittorrent comunnity doin that.

that mentality is wrong on so many levels :O

lessthanfour
10-09-2007, 09:37 PM
good answer.
but i have to tell you something, nobody started in the bittorrent comunnity doin that. not even you.
Maybe you have a cuple of years in this, and now you realised, its not funny to trade, like i do.. but i dont hate traders, i do ton ban him, and i give him a second chance...

Please do not speak for the entire bittorrent community. There are people that realized, from the start, that by being active and making friends, they will advance much faster than if they consistently break the rules of trackers.

As kallieb said, trading poses security risks. On many sites, it will put the person who invited you at risk as well. People DO realize that rules are set for a reason. Some even follow them.

LostHeroes
10-09-2007, 09:43 PM

good answer.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.... it's a bit too late for you now though..

At least you made me laugh though.

do ton ban him

Was Mr.T your english teacher?

tralalala
10-09-2007, 10:04 PM
LostHeroes, I'm guessing you didn't realize that English is not necessarily the first language of quite a few of the FST members that take part in the Invites section? Give him a break.. Quite a cheap shot in my opinion.

LostHeroes
10-09-2007, 10:17 PM
LostHeroes, I'm guessing you didn't realize that English is not necessarily the first language of quite a few of the FST members that take part in the Invites section? Give him a break.. Quite a cheap shot in my opinion.

I think if you re-read the thread, he asked a question, i took the time to answer and then he tried to offend me and the site.

I would suggest you read posts more thoroughly before handing out lessons in civility.

Emperator
10-09-2007, 11:10 PM

I think if you re-read the thread, he asked a question, i took the time to answer and then he tried to offend me and the site.

I would suggest you read posts more thoroughly before handing out lessons in civility.

so, i think you should re-read my post too... offend?

why dont you just talk about this topic, "revolt invites poliitic", or you just want to talk about languages, and Mr T,??

People could think you dont have any arguments..

aysomc
10-09-2007, 11:39 PM
revolt is quite nice indeed, i said hi in the "hello" thread or whatever you wanna call it and got like 5-6 responses saying hi back and welcoming me. usually those threads are full of people just saying hi with no responses.

Mister Moo
10-09-2007, 11:41 PM
this whole thread is ridiculous, revolt is a like a private site with only a request section for torrents and an ordinary community, it is hard to get an invite there and most people will want it just for rarity. stop all this arguing you all look retarded.

SgtMajor
10-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Hey friends,

Best Regards

Back on topic and in relation to the OP, if you are serious about wanting that invite, ask again in 1 month, do the right things in between time, get involved (don't go hiding for that month - create some decent discussion points and prove that are able to hold your own). Do some good deeds, help people out from time to time, pass on your knowledge so that others can benefit, share what you have without expectation of favour in return, and that is just the start, you have to continue to do those things even if you don't get in straight away after the month is up, and if you do get in, the same conditions apply.

Sometimes, it is best not to ask too many questions, and who knows, maybe Revolt will come looking for you rather than the reverse if you can manage to prove that they are the ones missing out, not you.

aysomc
10-10-2007, 12:43 AM
Sometimes, it is best not to ask too many questions, and who knows, maybe Revolt will come looking for you rather than the reverse if you can manage to prove that they are the ones missing out, not you.

:yup::yup::yup: i didnt have to ask and got offered.......twice lol

rvt
10-10-2007, 01:31 AM
To clarify a few points:
Not everyone in the bittorrent community started after the trades did. Some of us started way back before the current TB or FL even existed, when it was possible to join easily. I still remember the original phoenix and TB, some were around even before those 2 sites.
I have never traded a single thing for an invite, ever.

As has been mentioned, the best way to get an invite is to stand out. We don't aim to have an average membership, but a membership of some of the best in the community.
Yes, some asshats got in on open signups, and over 400 of them have been killed off so far.

We all got easy access to the fight club because our two sites grew up together, and staff have been friendly for a long time.
For such a small site, we have a suprising number of staffers as members.
"Level 9" trackers are easy when you have lots of the best people in the community as friends and when you don't play the levels game. Although revolt members are not chosen for their access to invites, their nature tends to mean that they are PUs or above on a lot of sites.
This of course leads to another of the big reasons for bans. People doing nothing but requesting invites. Anyone trying to bluff their way in so they can beg for invites will be found pretty quickly.

Sawyer2020
10-10-2007, 01:45 AM
To clarify a few points:
Not everyone in the bittorrent community started after the trades did. Some of us started way back before the current TB or FL even existed, when it was possible to join easily. I still remember the original phoenix and TB, some were around even before those 2 sites.
I have never traded a single thing for an invite, ever.

As has been mentioned, the best way to get an invite is to stand out. We don't aim to have an average membership, but a membership of some of the best in the community.
Yes, some asshats got in on open signups, and over 400 of them have been killed off so far.

We all got easy access to the fight club because our two sites grew up together, and staff have been friendly for a long time.
For such a small site, we have a suprising number of staffers as members.
"Level 9" trackers are easy when you have lots of the best people in the community as friends and when you don't play the levels game. Although revolt members are not chosen for their access to invites, their nature tends to mean that they are PUs or above on a lot of sites.
This of course leads to another of the big reasons for bans. People doing nothing but requesting invites. Anyone trying to bluff their way in so they can beg for invites will be found pretty quickly.
well look at all my points and how I get them few from trades
but that not mean I'm trader to be honest I trade yes
but I not now and only few things I trade for
all my high rate sites I got for free from friends
could I ask you if you not accept ex traders on your site ????

10-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Finnaly i realized that trading isn't good at all

signalearth
10-10-2007, 03:39 AM
site sucks in my opinion

Nothing could be further from the truth. Revolt is unique because it is all about discussion and diversity. The tracker is an after-thought, a means to which interesting files can be shared amongst friends (last count I think was around 11 files I believe:w00t:).

To ban someone for freedom of expression on Revolt would be like banning someone from FST for asking about file-sharing.

Accounts are deleted only because there was an attempt to deceive -- pure and simple. By this, it means, if you: Created a duplicate account, signed up via a proxy or some other deceptive means, or attempt to reach the 25 posts needed for PU status by writing such pearls of wisdom as: Ya me to m8, or my personal favourite...Ya I liked that movie 2...

If this was the case then it is likely why the account was deleted.

Bottom line, an account at Revolt is deleted not because they didn't like your opinion, but because you really didn't express one!what a wise cat... :lol:. kallieb always speaks the truth.

tankoman
10-10-2007, 04:20 AM
SgtMajor spoke the truth like always and I hope whatever some of you mentioned that Revolt is just a waste, I hope its not true :(
Have heard nice things about it and i will be happy to be a part of it.

EDIT: Like someone said in this thread everyone does deserve a 2nd chance though, specially when I can show you my activeness in correct places. Anyway will wait for my time.

sense
10-10-2007, 07:00 AM
SgtMajor spoke the truth like always and I hope whatever some of you mentioned that Revolt is just a waste, I hope its not true :(

EDIT: Like someone said in this thread everyone does deserve a 2nd chance though, specially when I can show you my activeness in correct places. Anyway will wait for my time.

How about coming clean on who you really are? Your true identity? Was it not you who messaged me on here and recruited me into BitEsc? When you sent that PM you had 0 posts, yes 0 posts on this site. I even asked you if it was a joke or something since you had no activity on this site. You had no activity on this site because this was one of your backup accounts on here. :yup: So who were you really in BitEsc? You're not pablo are you? See this is what happens when you are not 100% honest from the very start. This is not an attack as I do not really know you but about trust. How is one supposed to trust you? :unsure: Are you even tankoman on your other trackers?

tankoman
10-10-2007, 07:24 AM
I was Seedling on BitESC incase you dint notice..Thats over now..And we have to move on..Dont ever link me to Pablo

How about coming clean on who you really are? Your true identity? Was it not you who messaged me on here and recruited me into BitEsc? When you sent that PM you had 0 posts, yes 0 posts on this site. I even asked you if it was a joke or something since you had no activity on this site. You had no activity on this site because this was one of your backup accounts on here. :yup: So who were you really in BitEsc? You're not pablo are you? See this is what happens when you are not 100% honest from the very start. This is not an attack as I do not really know you but about trust. How is one supposed to trust you? :unsure: Are you even tankoman on your other trackers?

sense
10-10-2007, 07:32 AM
If you want to avoid my questions that is your prerogative but I fail to see how it helps in the trust department.

Who is pablo? I am not that ignorant, you should know being ex BitEsc but I digress.

Who the hell is pablo now? Maybe JA can tell you who I am..

tankoman
10-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Buddy all I want is a nice community like Revolt. You want to discuss this take it somewhere where people like drama..