PDA

View Full Version : Blade 3

slimboyfatz
07-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Just came across an item on 'KillerMovies' about Blade3 soon to go into production (around Sept.)..Written by David Goyer again who wrote the last two..it also states that Wesley will be back (who else!) & Kriss Kristofusonsonson ?!?!...

The storyline for the third film finds Blade joining forces with two vampire hunters, part of a group called the Nightstalkers, as they tackle the powerful and ruthless villain Danica Talos. After harvesting the superior blood of the ancestor of all modern vampires, Talos has resurrected the man now known as “Drake” (notice the modernization of the Dracula name) from a century-long sleep in the hopes of finally getting world control for all vampires. Blade, along with the Nightstalkers must unleash a virus that will kill all vamps— but only are given one chance to make it work.

Found some info on the characters to appear in the 3rd part, i dont think actors have been found yet for the parts though!?!

Among the roles still to be cast and which the film’s casting director is looking to fill are:

Abigail Whistler: A beautiful Caucasian woman in her 20s, Abigail is “cut like an Olympic athlete” and equipped with a walking arsenal of vampire-fighting weapons. Abigail is the daughter of Blade’s old partner Whistler (played by Kristofferson), and, like him, she’s an accomplished, deadly vampire hunter who lives and works with the Nightstalkers. Described in the casting notes as “determined, ruthless and unique (she likes to listen to her own music playlists on an MP3 player as she fights),” Abigail saw her whole family destroyed by vampires and, as she puts it in the film’s script, “Ever since I can remember I’ve had this knife of sadness in my heart. As long as it stays there, I’m untouchable. But the moment I pull it out—I’ll die.”

Hannibal King: In his 30s, King is described as “an audacious vampire hunter with a flair for drama and often sporting an irrepressible grin.” He works with the Nightstalkers, having been saved by a scientist there after he was turned into a vampire himself by Talos and is an accomplished fighter with a wicked sense of humor and a seemingly endless supply of pretty good vampire jokes. Courageous and strong, with unbelievable stamina, King is captured by Talos and her henchmen in the film and beaten within an inch of his life—but the one vulnerable point he has (which Danica capitalizes on) is his terror of being forced to become a vampire again.

Drake: The granddaddy of all vampires, not merely Count Dracula but a creature whose origins go back to ancient Sumeria, he’s endured centuries of upheaval and war, and has been summoned from a 100 year long sleep. And he’s not happy about it. An articulate and unspeakably strong “blur of bestial rage and unfettered horror,” Drake has a DNA peculiarity that allows him to be able to withstand the daytime’s sun, unlike modern vampires. He wants to use his blood to improve on their own physicality and ensure their future survival. An accomplished shape-shifter because of his mutable bone and cartilage, Drake wants nothing less than to be a god among his people, and acknowledges a worthy adversary in Blade (who, after all, is a hybrid who shares some vampire characteristics). The producers of the film are looking for an actor with an international presence.

Danica Talos: An “intense, intelligent, beautiful and voracious” vampire with a regal air who appears to be in her early 30s to mid 40s, she’s the head of a band of vampires who’ve resurrected the ancient vampire “Dracula/Drake” in order to harvest his superior blood. Danica (who begins sleeping with Drake upon his resurrection) mobilizes her forces against the vampire hunters and engages in some intense pitched battles with Blade, Abigail and King.
Hannibal King: In his 30s, King is described as “an audacious vampire hunter with a flair for drama and often sporting an irrepressible grin.” He works with the Nightstalkers, having been saved by a scientist there after he was turned into a vampire himself by Talos and is an accomplished fighter with a wicked sense of humor and a seemingly endless supply of pretty good vampire jokes. Courageous and strong, with unbelievable stamina, King is captured by Talos and her henchmen in the film and beaten within an inch of his life—but the one vulnerable point he has (which Danica capitalizes on) is his terror of being forced to become a vampire again.
Drake: The granddaddy of all vampires, not merely Count Dracula but a creature whose origins go back to ancient Sumeria, he’s endured centuries of upheaval and war, and has been summoned from a 100 year long sleep. And he’s not happy about it. An articulate and unspeakably strong “blur of bestial rage and unfettered horror,” Drake has a DNA peculiarity that allows him to be able to withstand the daytime’s sun, unlike modern vampires. He wants to use his blood to improve on their own physicality and ensure their future survival. An accomplished shape-shifter because of his mutable bone and cartilage, Drake wants nothing less than to be a god among his people, and acknowledges a worthy adversary in Blade (who, after all, is a hybrid who shares some vampire characteristics). The producers of the film are looking for an actor with an international presence.
Abigail Whistler: A beautiful Caucasian woman in her 20s, Abigail is “cut like an Olympic athlete” and equipped with a walking arsenal of vampire-fighting weapons. Abigail is the daughter of Blade’s old partner Whistler (played by Kristofferson), and, like him, she’s an accomplished, deadly vampire hunter who lives and works with the Nightstalkers. Described in the casting notes as “determined, ruthless and unique (she likes to listen to her own music playlists on an MP3 player as she fights),” Abigail saw her whole family destroyed by vampires and, as she puts it in the film’s script, “Ever since I can remember I’ve had this knife of sadness in my heart. As long as it stays there, I’m untouchable. But the moment I pull it out—I’ll die.”

Looking forward to this, think Snipes was born for the role, get Stephen Norrington to direct again (Blade) i thought he did a much better job than Guillermo somebody, Blade 2 was just a little too full on!! :blink:

shad0w
07-17-2003, 02:35 PM
I was really disappointed with Blade II. It lacked the roughness of the first movie, and had way too many cheesy special defects. If 3 is as bad as two is, it can rot in hell.

jrday
07-17-2003, 02:42 PM
blade 3 :'(
won't fly

Damnatory
07-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by shad0w@17 July 2003 - 15:35
I was really disappointed with Blade II. It lacked the roughness of the first movie, and had way too many cheesy special defects. If 3 is as bad as two is, it can rot in hell.
Blade II was great!

People are just tough on sequels because they know what to expect, and then they compare them. Fuck comparing, just view it as a new movie. Obviously in the mind of those who are fond of Blade, then even if blade III kicked its ass all over the place, you would still think the first was better.

ultimatejester
07-17-2003, 03:45 PM
i agree Damnatory. STOP COMPARING

jrday
07-17-2003, 04:20 PM
STOP telling people what to do