PDA

View Full Version : League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen

AlucardXXVII
07-11-2003, 09:21 PM
The movie sucked.

Whenever there was a fight scene, the camera changed angles once every half second, so it was really tough to follow the action and it also made me pretty dizzy. Also, sometimes I wondered what the hell was going on...the story isn't really that spectacular and isn't explained well enough.

However, it was kind of cool to see all the literary figures together like that. I would have to say that it looks like an English teacher's paradise.

You've got:

Allen Quatermain
Mina Murray
The Invisible Man
Dr Jekyl and Mr Hide
Dorian Gray
Captain Nemo
Tom Sawyer

and Ishmael makes a cameo

The special effects weren't bad but the movie just kind of sucked. I should have went to see Pirates of the Caribbean instead!

Well, when this movie hits KaZaa, you can download it if you want! But the crappy camera work might make you want to puke, and if you can't figure out what the hell is going on, well, you're not alone!

!

Wolfmight
07-12-2003, 02:15 AM
hmm yea i thought sorta the same about Over-Action in that latest James Bond movie.. It was cool, just a little too much action

chalice
07-12-2003, 07:05 AM
Forget about the movie.
Read the original comic by Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill.
I've posted the hashes in Bookworld.
Once you read them you will realise how unnecessary the film is.

tool2heal
07-12-2003, 07:31 AM
`ummm i haven't seen the movie yet and i wish it was on something kazaa,bittorent,e-mule anything really but a can tell you this I'm boycotting disney so I'm not gonna watch/see pirates of the carribean because it's disney (Did you know 90 percent of the movies lately are some kind of disney) Thats enough for me I can't believe disney buys everything now and it's pissing me off (Dreamcatcher,sinbad,pirates of the carribean,nemo, i think they need to settle down?)

AlucardXXVII
07-12-2003, 04:40 PM
I think The Recruit is a Disney movie.

I think that Disney owns Touchstone Pictures.

Nevin
07-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Just because Disney MAY own the company. (I'm not sure if they do or not) But if they do, it does not mean it will not be a good movie. They are just in it to make money, if it wasn't for them we would not have all of the movies we do because they put funds in to make them.

Jibbler
07-12-2003, 10:09 PM
I thought this movie was great, much better than the failed Hulk movie. Connery was excellent, and I had no trouble following the action on screen as the original poster did. Overall, it was similar to Xmen 2, and is worth the trip to the theaters. On a side note, in many instances, characters were able to jump out of moving cars and land perfectly on their feet. Hehe, only in the movies. ;)

angellynn26
07-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by AlucardXXVII@11 July 2003 - 17:21
The movie sucked.

Well, when this movie hits KaZaa, you can download it if you want! But the crappy camera work might make you want to puke, and if you can't figure out what the hell is going on, well, you're not alone!
well put, man... terrible movie. I watched it at a drive-in - after seeing Pirates of the Caribbean...an awesome movie. I was ready to leave after 20 min. and would have if my husband was willing to go too. The storyline totally sucked, and it was completely confusing! The cinematics on Mr. Hyde were awful! They changed him in *poof* stages...poof he's a little bigger, poof he's bubbling out muscles, poof he's Mr. Hyde. What a joke!

All there is left to say is: Mr. Connery - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?