PDA

View Full Version : Have To Admit - Times Have Change !!

Enlightened
10-16-2007, 12:55 AM
After witnessing a fury of Giveaways by Syscops to 2 major Sites..........I am "impress" - by the integrity of the seekers of Invites - They did nOt give up, amidst the "storms " of Spam and Flames.....[ sorry !! I was a contributor, somehow]
when I first started, a year ago..., No matter , how much U "pleaded" and plodded.....for a F*N Or other high Lvl invites. it seems futile.
The "ONLY" way to get ahead was to "Buff" your accounts that U got from Giveaways- that if U are lucky to get an Invite and Trade yourself up from there.....that is the "ONLY" thing we know how?
anyways.........I am glad to see, some Newcomers, getting their High Lvl Trackers, so fast WITHOUT TRADING FOR IT.......times have definitely change for the better.

Just MY 2 CENTS FOR WHAT IS WORTH....... I just Retired. Turning off my Rep Points as of now.....

KFlint
10-16-2007, 12:57 AM
i agree, it's actually pretty cool for new comers

psxcite
10-16-2007, 01:12 AM
It is nice! And as someone who doesn't trade, it gives you hope.

I understand the process though. It's hard to trust noobs with access to a high level trackers. With people who buffer accounts and take the time to seed - at least you know they are working hard to get the sites they truly want. But, walking all over the security and rules of the lesser trackers isn't exactly something that inspires trust.

Who says they won't trade your high level tracker to some idiot for access to some other site eventually? By giving high level invites to new people you don't know, there are obviously risks involved. But, I think the benefits of adding a few new users that will be long standing contributors to the site, outweigh the risks involved.

Saroman
10-16-2007, 01:21 AM
But its actually good.. This avoids all the hassles of trading and cheating and then getting banned..

Why not get all the invites legit...And as a matter of fact Invites are supposed to be free (lol ofcourse not of ScT)..

I think Staff/Sysops who are Community Reps should often do giveaways says once or twice month and select most worthy members for thier community ;)

Adam1990
10-16-2007, 01:45 AM
But its actually good.. This avoids all the hassles of trading and cheating and then getting banned..

Why not get all the invites legit...And as a matter of fact Invites are supposed to be free (lol ofcourse not of ScT)..

I think Staff/Sysops who are Community Reps should often do giveaways says once or twice month and select most worthy members for thier community ;)

That is a good idea actually. Sure there are a lot of bad people here but the good people are not that hard to spot.

Grind$oFine
10-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Just because someone is new doesn't mean they're a bad user.
And just because someone buffered an account a lot doesn't mean they're a good user.

FST is filled with so many good people. The community here rocks and I think that truly this forum is the fairest place to get an invite. I think there are a lot of people to provide an excellent example that shows you can get the invites you want without trading.

But in any case :fst: :yup:

psxcite
10-16-2007, 02:19 AM
I would be an excellent example. I've never traded, and I've received almost all of my invites from FST. And not a single one of my accounts has ever had a negative ratio and I contribute on each tracker forum when I can.

FST has helped me considerably. Matter of fact, I don't know how I would have ever received most of my high level trackers, without the help of a few kind souls on this forum. I don't have any friends "in real life" that use trackers. I've just been lucky enough to have someone take a chance and trust me.

I just hope someday I can return the favor.

embolism
10-16-2007, 02:34 AM
Thanks to the mods and sysops :)

Without their kind consideration, there would have been no hope for someone like me with awful connections and the near impossibility of having a huge buffered account. Also time being of out most importance, FST has been a very lively entertaining place. The challenge of getting big trackers is worth all the fight you put up to get it.

I hope all the mods/ sysops/ 'big folks' (knowing only a few) continue to spend time here and read our posts. Its their specialty and we are the end users.

It is certainly a 'new world' for me and I like it :)
Should I say..but for FST (thanks to who ever created it) ..I would still be on Demonoid :) ( not to put that down in any way)

LONG LIVE GIVEAWAYS
:p LONG LIVE ALL SYSOPS/ MODS :p
LONG LIVE FST
LONG LIVE 'WE' :)

(...Im not drunk :P )

isabel.pirate
10-16-2007, 02:38 AM
From what I have seen only a small minority of the people who beg get invites. Most threads I read are just flaming threads and for good reason. I don't think the high road is getting down on all fours. Do these trackers want people that resort to begging - no matter how inventive they are. There are a ton of people not begging being good members everywhere leaving subtle reminders in there sigs and they get nothing. Well maybe I am just bitter or maybe I have reason - it is all just in the eye of the reader.

embolism
10-16-2007, 02:41 AM
From what I have seen only a small minority of the people who beg get invites. Most threads I read are just flaming threads and for good reason. I don't think the high road is getting down on all fours. Do these trackers want people that resort to begging - no matter how inventive they are. There are a ton of people not begging being good members everywhere leaving subtle reminders in there sigs and they get nothing. Well maybe I am just bitter or maybe I have reason - it is all just in the eye of the reader.

imo - being INNOVATIVE is the key
...the usual common way doesnt suffice..not just on FST, infact anywhere.
....the more innovative you are ..(either crazy or astoundingly smart) will get some heads turning your way

mrnobody
10-16-2007, 02:49 AM
no idea how it was before so i can't say much. But from what i read, it has changed for better. I love it here so much that it has somewhat turned to be distraction in real life ;(

Chewy
10-16-2007, 02:52 AM
If times have changed hopefully I get the invite I requested xD

SiNa
10-16-2007, 03:49 AM
just want to say good for you man, and i guess you finally got what you wanted??? congrats:)

Enlightened
10-16-2007, 07:23 PM
just want to say good for you man, and i guess you finally got what you wanted??? congrats:)

Thanks man.....and thanks for everyone's Input, never expected such a response from everyone:D:D

marksman
10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
true..its good for newcomers!..but kinda sux for those who's been there for a while and deserving those invites alot more..

Enlightened
10-16-2007, 07:41 PM
true..its good for newcomers!..but kinda sux for those who's been there for a while and deserving those invites alot more..

Yep, It SUCKS , I know big time, is like jumping infront of the line, when U have been waiting for eternity:unsure:

But, what can U say..those invites are given out by Syscop....they have the "ultimate " decision.....

Ali-g
10-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Well if all SysOps were like the ones Ive seen in here there'd be much better trackers ;)
Btw there are people abusing of it and asking a lot of inv. at once... I guess that if u are really looking for a tracker ur looking for it not it or someother-of-the-same-lvl... It'd impress u how many people in here would go for the second one

marksman
10-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Well if all SysOps were like the ones Ive seen in here there'd be much better trackers ;)
Btw there are people abusing of it and asking a lot of inv. at once

fact is..sometimes they do get them..oh the irony

Polarbear
10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
it may sound funny to you, but i prefer leechers.

for me the download of a user on a tracker would be quite important.
of course with a positive ratio.

u can easily buffer an account with a fast pipe. i've seen ridiculous ratios with enormous buffers and nearly no download.

but the amount of downlad indicates whether one really uses the tracker or just buffers it, because it's rare and he wants to trade the invites or the account.

another thing is people rarely cheat on download :shifty:

yes, i like leecher :D

Kyl3KK
10-16-2007, 10:12 PM
it may sound funny to you, but i prefer leechers.

for me the download of a user on a tracker would be quite important.
of course with a positive ratio.

u can easily buffer an account with a fast pipe. i've seen ridiculous ratios with enormous buffers and nearly no download.

but the amount of downlad indicates whether one really uses the tracker or just buffers it, because it's rare and he wants to trade the invites or the account.

another thing is people rarely cheat on download :shifty:

yes, i like leecher :D I agree 100%.

I have seen download cheats though... on TD... and on A-L I only upload :)

I dunno why, when I first joined A-L I seeded something I had already and never stopped doing it. :)

_coder_
10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I think I turned out to be the lucky ones coming here with only Torrentleech and then there was light and I was showered with high level invites lol oh it does feel good to be me right now...hahaha

Polarbear
10-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I think I turned out to be the lucky ones coming here with only Torrentleech and then there was light and I was showered with high level invites lol oh it does feel good to be me right now...hahaha

but you also gave a lot coder, which is good.

Enlightened
10-16-2007, 10:34 PM

Good thing U DO NOT "flex" around your USERBAR on those High Lvl Trackers and their Avatar too, Unlike some...that I won't mention,where their signatures can't even fit.

_coder_
10-16-2007, 10:36 PM

but you also gave a lot coder, which is good.

:blushing:

G-Force
10-16-2007, 10:41 PM

Good thing U DO NOT "flex" around your USERBAR on those High Lvl Trackers and their Avatar too, Unlike some...that I won't mention,where their signatures can't even fit.

Im guessing this is a shot at me again like the the PM u sent me, what is your problem? When i first started here you were always helpful and polite towards members, lately you seem to have a real attitude problem.

Enlightened
10-16-2007, 11:23 PM

Im guessing this is a shot at me again like the the PM u sent me, what is your problem? When i first started here you were always helpful and polite towards members, lately you seem to have a real attitude problem.

Not sure why U take this personally....?
First, U are NOT "New", if U look at your F*N request thread and your REVOLT thread, I Voted for U...
Second, I was mostly referring to Newcomers, jumpimg infront of the line.....
So, U have FTN and REVOLT NOW, and U turn around and say that I have an "Attitude" ?

Read my threads before U get all "piss off"....

Something Else
10-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Just MY 2 CENTS FOR WHAT IS WORTH....... I just Retired. Turning off my Rep Points as of now.....

What else can you do with that username :lol:

Enlightened
10-16-2007, 11:32 PM

I bet U will "think" about something.....won't U?
Do a research or write a paper, that is usually what U do "best', right?

psxcite
10-16-2007, 11:49 PM
From Profile Options:

"Visible Post ElementsYou have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)"

Hmm. Didn't know I had the option to ignore all these obnoxious sigs.

:whistling

SgtMajor
10-17-2007, 12:24 AM

PM admin and get the fukkin thing changed! :D

Enlightened
10-17-2007, 12:30 AM

Probably change it to "General - Major" how does that grab U, that nick Sarge?

KFlint
10-17-2007, 12:32 AM

Probably change it to "Genral-Major".....LOL? :D

maybe call yourself "NoTrade_Never" so we'll still remember it's you this way :D

chillincool
10-17-2007, 03:12 AM
I'll always remember him KFlint, as the guy who was an asshole to me when I first joined these forums, and told me i'd never get any invites :(, but now i can just laugh at it.

Enlightened
10-17-2007, 03:30 AM
I'll always remember him KFlint, as the guy who was an asshole to me when I first joined these forums, and told me i'd never get any invites :(, but now i can just laugh at it.

Just because u got"lucky", does Not entitle U to others names.....

I am glad u are sooo high and mighty now....why don't U start contributing back to the community , instead of shooting your mouth off.....:angry:

KFlint
10-17-2007, 03:40 AM
i didn't mean to start a fight :(

chillincool
10-17-2007, 03:40 AM
If I got lucky, then so did everybody else. Also, I reserve my invites for people I really like on irc, or friends from real life. The only invite I've got off these forums was bmtv(who i will <3 and appreciate forever lol xoxox), so I'm fine with just lurking around adding my $0.02 where it's totally unwanted. LOL :P

Enlightened
10-17-2007, 03:47 AM
If I got lucky, then so did everybody else. Also, I reserve my invites for people I really like on irc, or friends from real life. The only invite I've got off these forums was bmtv(who i will <3 and appreciate forever lol xoxox), so I'm fine with just lurking around adding my $0.02 where it's totally unwanted. LOL :P

Well, looking back.....I am GLAD I was an ASSHOLE to U, now I know why the Fu*K U deserve it......and U know where your 2 cents can go....:lol::naughty::lol: