PDA

View Full Version : Revolt please?

G-Force
10-16-2007, 01:34 AM
I was wondering if i would be able to get an invite to Revolt if possible, i would preferably rather be invited by a staff member there (i know you will be reading this :P) so that i can join and experience what has today become a great community.

I have all the tracker's i pretty much need now but still enjoy keeping up with the torrent scene, i think i would make a great addition to your community and would be a great active member.

I know this post seems a little cliche but i couldn't think of a better way to word it.

I appreciate you consideration.

th0r
10-16-2007, 01:48 AM
Your 22nd birthday sure came a little soon.

:whistling

G-Force
10-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Hahaha,nah still 21, and i got my birthday request :)

Enlightened
10-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Dude.....U get it, U from "Down Under"....NOT a Underdog.....LOL

May the " G-spot Force " be will yeah..........GL, Aussie Man. LMAO

nihility
10-16-2007, 02:04 AM
us aussies are taking over everything,
good luck m8

besttrade whats with all the quotation marks all the time dude lol

Enlightened
10-16-2007, 02:16 AM
good luck m8

" " means NOT literally....M8:D

G-Force
10-16-2007, 02:46 AM
good luck m8

Thanks mate, i have noticed quite a few Aussies on here.

Artemis
10-16-2007, 04:29 AM
Jose is like beetlejuice, you say his name 3 times and he will magically appear :whistling

G-Force
10-16-2007, 04:32 AM
Jose is like beetlejuice, you say his name 3 times and he will magically appear :whistling

Jose, Jose, Jose, :whistling

Now we play the waiting game.

josegavara
10-16-2007, 07:13 AM
shazam!!!

aysomc
10-16-2007, 07:50 AM
holy shit thats one of the few things i've read online that have really made me laugh out loud. now i can say it and really mean it.......LOL. :)

G-Force
10-16-2007, 08:53 AM
So what do you say josegavara?

josegavara
10-16-2007, 09:04 AM
you asked me to "consider", I am. I will get back to you with a decision

G-Force
10-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Thank you for your consideration :)

G-Force
10-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Bump!

SgtMajor
10-17-2007, 12:45 AM
That was not the wisest move you could have made, believe me.

G-Force
10-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Why is that? I am not hurrying anyone, i just thought there may be other offers out there.

SgtMajor
10-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Nobody will over-ride whatever josegavara decides, and seeing that he was the one dealing with you, then no-one will step in over him either.

There is nothing more you can do except wait it out, and bumping your thread could be seen as bad manners as well as impatience, which I would suggest is not what Revolt is about :)

G-Force
10-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Nobody will over-ride whatever josegavara decides, and seeing that he was the one dealing with you, then no-one will step in over him either.

There is nothing more you can do except wait it out, and bumping your thread could be seen as bad manners as well as impatience, which I would suggest is not what Revolt is about :)

I apologies if this is the case, but in no way was it my intention to come off rude or insulting.

once again i am sorry.

kallieb
10-17-2007, 01:13 AM
ok mate. Give your head a shake, look around and consider the big picture here.

First, do a thread search and count how many times in the past few days that folks asking for Revolt were shot down for acting stupid. Then consider that you had a senior admin at Revolt telling you that he'll consider your request. What do you do. You *BUMP* him because you *MIGHT* get a better offer!!

Where is the head hitting the wall smilie when you really need one.

G-Force
10-17-2007, 01:21 AM
I would like to withdraw my request for an invite, after doing a search as you suggested kallieb i found that revolts reputation is less than flattering. I appreciate everyones time but this forum just doesnt seem to be for me.

I am a laid back person and it seem to me that revolt is a place where you must walk on egg shells, this is only my assumption from what i have read.

Once again i thank everyone for there time.

pro267
10-17-2007, 01:27 AM
If you only had any idea how wrong you are..
Oh well, good luck to you, mate, and in the future, don't believe everything you read.. ;)

kallieb
10-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Patience lad Patience. Consider this is a Yoda moment.

G-Force
10-17-2007, 01:41 AM
If you only had any idea how wrong you are..
Oh well, good luck to you, mate, and in the future, don't believe everything you read.. ;)

Thanks pro267, I was going to retire after getting revolt but i guess i will be hanging around a while. I have my sights set on one more site now lol :D

mievmo
10-17-2007, 01:41 AM
the Revo admin is off now.. so who should get invite.. wait.

embolism
10-17-2007, 03:44 AM
For those who have Revolt and also a member at FST, which forum do you visit more frequently? be honest.....
If indeed Revolt is worthy of such immense praise, I for one would be hooked!

On FST, it feels good to read nice comments, either stupid or clever, except the monotonous giveaways and requests. (But giveaways are very important though, I am just talking about the quality of posts). Also by what I have read, at FST you are always safe, unlike on Revolt where the noose is around your neck....with a rather stable surface under your feet...but...you still have the noose :P

Guess, somebody will prove me wrong!

G-Force
10-17-2007, 03:53 AM
For those who have Revolt and also a member at FST, which forum do you visit more frequently? be honest.....

On FST, it feels good to read nice comments, either stupid or clever, except the monotonous giveaways and requests. (But giveaways are very important though, I am just talking about the quality of posts). Also by what I have read, at FST you are always safe, unlike on Revolt where the noose is around your neck....with a rather stable surface under your feet...but...you still have the noose :P

Guess, somebody will prove me wrong!

This is what i have gathered as of today after talking to numerous people and reading numerous threads, i have been referred to another similar site instead which i hope to get my hands on soon.

sear
10-17-2007, 03:57 AM

I visit both multiple times a day and I'm hooked for sure I always need my fix. As for which is better that's like comparing apples and oranges. Revolt is not FST no need to compare them.

Also by what I have read, at FST you are always safe, unlike on Revolt where the noose is around your neck....with a rather stable surface under your feet...but...you still have the noose

:blink: um no there is no noose...you're mistaken. Revolt is all about free speech. It's just not for traders. All the people you see bitching about Revolt have been banned for a reason, not because there's some ax hanging over anyones head.

@G-Force, you are wrong about your reasons for withdrawing your request. But if you listen to the rumours and shit people talk then you probably don't belong there anyway.

tbh I'm sick of all this talk about revolt...get over it :shutup:

stoi
10-17-2007, 04:00 AM
you cant realy compare this forum to a private tracker though.

members from all trackers come here to congregate and chat about stuff, members on private trackers might only be a member of that tracker, or are to busy on here to even bother going to the forums of the private trackers they are on.

also this seems to be a hell of a lot more laid back than a private tracker would be, not saying thats a bad thing, or a good thing, its just they are seperate entities completely and you cant compare the 2 imo.

embolism
10-17-2007, 04:02 AM
I am staying at FST :)
If fortunate, will join Revolt or the mysterious community you are hinting at.

Having said that..Im cautious about ...'curiosity killed the cat' phenomenon ;)

Im sittin pretty here and am very sated with FST, a community is always nicer when you have all kinds of minds ..... I would be rather apprehensive about an overtly smart place with Einstein brains ;) yet will give it a shot

Late EDIT:
You are right..guess its like comparing apples n oranges

G-Force
10-17-2007, 04:07 AM
@G-Force, you are wrong about your reasons for withdrawing your request. But if you listen to the rumours and shit people talk then you probably don't belong there anyway.

I am just going by what i have been told, and experienced by certain mentalities and comments made in this thread as well as what i have heard off friends who are non traders and good user like my self.

Artemis
10-17-2007, 04:36 AM
@Sear, you forum junkie you! your as bad as me :blink: but seriously as Sear said folks it is apples and oranges, the two forums have a very different focus.

aysomc
10-17-2007, 05:29 AM
i visit both daily and so far i speak my mind on revolt just as much as here and im fine. the people who talk badly about it just got banned for one of many reasons that are all valid. obviously people are more respectful there because its a more mature group and they only invite the best users generally, whereas here any little kid can sign up and start posting. you're mad for turning down revolt but whatever, your choice.

josegavara
10-17-2007, 05:38 AM
As the request has been withdrawn this thread could be closed