PDA

View Full Version : digital camera- advice

Jiggles
10-23-2007, 05:50 AM
i need one, i live in the UK, my budget is around £100. i need to take good quality pics of my family thats all, no arty farty business.

what do you recommend?

(you can spam this or be nice and helpful :D)

Skweeky
10-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Well, I got myself a Kodak last Christmas for £60. It's 5 mp and works great. I'm sure you'll be able to get something better for a £100.

Jiggles
10-23-2007, 07:08 AM
is it a Kodak easyshare?

because i am thinking of getting one of them, right now im stuck with a canon, kodak and sony. i think the lenses are more important than the mps, so a better brand is ideal, i just dont know which is best.

bigboab
10-23-2007, 07:45 AM
is it a Kodak easyshare?

because i am thinking of getting one of them, right now im stuck with a canon, kodak and sony. i think the lenses are more important than the mps, so a better brand is ideal, i just dont know which is best.

The Lens is the most important item. You are unlikely to get a camera with a good lens that does not have the megapixels to go with it.:)
You should get a good camera out of Argos for around £100. It will be around 7mps. Canon and Pentax are a safe bet in photography.

Jiggles
10-23-2007, 09:36 AM
i found a Canon on Amazon, its got good specs and the reviews on it are very good, i think i will buy that. thanks for your help.

Something Else
10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Noooo not that one on Amazon! I saw that, but if you read more carefully you will find it contains bad aids which quickly becomes apparent after using it.

bigboab
10-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Noooo not that one on Amazon! I saw that, but if you read more carefully you will find it contains bad aids which quickly becomes apparent after using it.

Are you suggesting that Amazon are trying to focus all?:cry:

BawA
10-23-2007, 01:03 PM
maybe we can advice one for barbie

BawA
10-23-2007, 01:08 PM
oh and on topic...
those big lens cameras are for professional photography and come pretty expensive, usually canon.
but if you want something small and iCandy go for sony cybershot.

Jiggles
10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
BawA, i am really considering the Sony cypershot w55, its around 110 on amazon, and its got good reviews, i might buy it.

to Benchez-

yeah your right, i have to read the descriptions, heres what i got on a Canon IXUS-

-wide angle 28mm lens
-8 Megapixels
-Safety Zoom and Digital Tele-Converter
-face detection

package is dispatched from the UK, includes some smallpox and a 2GB memory stick duo pro.

i knew it, ha, they cant fool me now. :shifty:

Something Else
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Are you suggesting that Amazon are trying to focus all?:cry:

Amazon would focus all right up the cadbury canal if they got half a chance. Yes. They say there's light at the end of the tunnel, but i'm not sure I want to find out :dabs:

Mr JP Fugley
10-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Sony Cybershot, excellent wee cameras which I can highly recommend. Mrs JP has had one for ages and wouldn't change it. Nice quality lens and optical zoom. Do not buy anything which does not have optical zoom. Typical Sony build quality i.e. excellent.

Can I suggest you also invest in Sony Stamina batteries. They last for absolute ages and will save money in a very short time. In addition to enhancing your camera related pleasures.

Skweeky
10-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Mine is the Kodak Easyshare. Took some absolutely amazing pictures with it.
Tip: Don't buy an expensive camera with loads of gadgets if you don't know what you're doing. Your pictures will turn out shit.

Jiggles
10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
i agree JP, i have decided to buy the Sony cybershot W55, the reviews on it are fantastic, and the rechargeable battery lasts for about 400 shots.

i found this site, they have reviews on many of the popular camera and they have sample images too- http://www.cameras.co.uk/