PDA

View Full Version : *WARNING*Posting links to Ratio cheats

Detale
11-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Don't do it. It's Thanksgiving and I have had multiple reports already ( Thanks guys ). It is not only unethical it's cheating. Cheating in ANY form is wrong! I do not abide by it. If you have read the posts and are thinking of trying it, DON"T! All it will bring you is a banned acct. Guess what ...All you have to do is seed and keep a good ratio. I have banned the user who posted it twice and ANYONE who posts that or similar again will be banned.

phuura
11-22-2007, 07:49 PM
That guy is a complete moron. Ban his ass.

sear
11-22-2007, 08:44 PM
good riddance that guy spammed all over the board with that crap. But you better keep the ban stick ready Detale I have a feeling he'll be back.

Kyl3KK
11-22-2007, 08:58 PM
And you might want to sticky this thread too.

Detale
11-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I will but I think for now I'll leave it here to get more attention

Cheeseman1208
11-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Cheaters are the scum of the earth. The foundation of P2P networks is sharing, and a (good) ratio is a proud symbol that you support sharing with other people. But cheaters, bah, makes me sick, especially on Thanksgiving.

dnero73
11-22-2007, 10:24 PM
yeah that guy went crazy or wanted some attenTION

sleepyy
11-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Guess what they are back

IceTee
11-22-2007, 10:30 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-demoniod-back-252758

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-fake-your-upload-ratio-works-252757

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-free-invites-hurry-252756

Mayhem
11-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Isn't it past your bed time already?
We don't want you to get spanked now do we?

Blackbeard
11-22-2007, 10:36 PM
You might have cut the signups, if he keeps on..

psxcite
11-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Can't we just locked new signups for 24 hours or so until this moron gets bored and moves on? I know we don't want to deprive new potential friends the blessings of FST, but if this idiot continues it might be the only alternative.

Unless you want to personally approve each new user signup before they can post or spend all day cleaning this garbage up.

toti
11-22-2007, 11:09 PM
he is crazy man

cRaZyzMaN
11-23-2007, 12:25 AM
today i saw at least 2 threads about it, and they keep coming and coming

Artemis
11-23-2007, 01:18 AM
and hes back again, an IP ban perhaps ?:D

0ctane
11-23-2007, 01:23 AM
easy just stop signups from proxies

Mayhem
11-23-2007, 01:25 AM
i bet he is using a proxy.
A couple of tips to prevent such a moron:
- I don't remember for sure but i don't think you have to confirm your registration here in the email, so this can be activated.
- Make a capta confirmation during signups with 50 symbols. For the normal user this is a little annoying for this guy it will be hell.
- Also there are scripts checking for proxies.

IGetMoney
11-23-2007, 01:26 AM
yeah just like sct lol

Detale
11-23-2007, 01:29 AM
The guy is a loser and is prob all alone today

Polarbear
11-23-2007, 01:29 AM
ignore the kid and he will get bored and stop. just tell people not to reply to his posts, because that's what he wants.

kimii
11-23-2007, 01:30 AM
make FST invite only. :whistling

raj3186
11-23-2007, 01:55 AM
make FST invite only. :whistling
This is not a gud idea kimii :no:
If u still think FST shud be made invite only, post u r opinion here http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-make-fst-invite-only-252830

kimii
11-23-2007, 02:05 AM
I wasn't being serious. :stuart:

raj3186
11-23-2007, 02:09 AM
lol, i didnt take a look at the simley :happy:

Polarbear
11-23-2007, 02:13 AM
lol, i didnt take a look at the simley :happy:

edited

peat moss
11-23-2007, 02:44 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-demoniod-back-252758

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-fake-your-upload-ratio-works-252757

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-free-invites-hurry-252756

Gee I hate that ," reason why " someone is a dick head then I can't see the post ...... :dry:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Broken
11-23-2007, 04:50 AM
Ratio cheats, banning people for it.... here?
OK. I thought that kind of stuff was the torrent sites' problem.

This forum pisses sites off by openly allowing the trading of invites, which put their sites at risk - yet it happens here anyways. Yet some kid post about a trick that a good site-op should be able to spot and all heck breaks loose. lol

Honor among thieves, ah? lol.

Detale
11-23-2007, 05:30 AM
Well of course. There has to be some order otherwise we would have anarchy and nobody really wants that.Cheating is cheating and it is always wrong no matter what. Ultimately it is against the rules here so thats that, but on a moral level dude trading is not always considered bad some sites don't mind at all they see no difference between an invite given or traded. So there goes the theory that ALL sites don't allow trades.

Also I don't see all heck breaking loose I see a lonely idiot who has nothing better to do.It's not like the guy was banned right off. He was asked to stop and he didn't so we had no choice but to ban him and he turned out to be a childish moron.

Broken
11-23-2007, 06:25 AM
I guess it could fall under "Hacking/Cracking", I don't know. I didn't see that post, and it's not my call to make.

The thing I'm getting at...
what if someone decided to make Jerktorrent 2000, a client that could totally beat all the tracker software out there. And I decide, "this program is great and I want to tell everyone over at FST about it!".

Now I don't think of FST has an extension of any torrent site. I think of it as a completely neutral site that could post that kind of information on. Is there a moral standard being impossed here that I am not aware of? Could I post about it, or would it get moderated?

Just for my own info. It's not really related to the above because I'm not sure what happened there, but not worthy of it's own thread either.

Polarbear
11-23-2007, 06:29 AM
I guess it could fall under "Hacking/Cracking", I don't know. I didn't see that post, and it's not my call to make.

what if someone decided to make Jerktorrent 2000, a client that could totally beat all the tracker software out there. And I decide, "this program is great and I want to tell everyone over at FST about it!".

Now I don't think of FST has an extension of any torrent site. I think of it as a completely neutral site that could post that kind of information on. Is there a moral standard being impossed here that I am not aware of? Could I post about it, or would it get moderated?

Just for my own info. It's not really related to the above because I'm not sure what happened there, but not worthy of it's own thread either.

cheating is not only against bittorrent but violates the principal of filesharing in general. no matter what your prefered method is.

since this is a forum about filesharing cheaters should be eliminated.

period.

silvertec
11-23-2007, 07:02 AM

If FST let this type of shite then all the private trackers would be against them big time.
This is a good move to bann this stuff :cool:

LoKaLiRi
11-23-2007, 10:50 AM
yeah that guy went crazy Looking for attention

TP635
11-23-2007, 12:04 PM
I copy and save the post, knowing that it will be pulled down fast. I have not read it yet and I have no plan to use it to cheat.

jr56
11-23-2007, 05:01 PM

cheating is not only against bittorrent but violates the principal of filesharing in general. no matter what your prefered method is.

since this is a forum about filesharing cheaters should be eliminated.

period.

Very wise words

cullen7282
11-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I got a PM for that crap

quaero
11-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Cheaters are the scum of the earth. The foundation of P2P networks is sharing, and a (good) ratio is a proud symbol that you support sharing with other people. But cheaters, bah, makes me sick, especially on Thanksgiving.

Says the guy who bought an account on UK-T. :lol: