PDA

View Full Version : India

liquidacid
07-21-2003, 04:19 PM
In October, two friends, my girlfriend and i are taking time off work and going to travel in India for 6 months.

I've not been before and am really looking forward to it. Has anyone been before? If so, what advice would you give me? Where to go, what to do, what not to do....

XStacy
07-21-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by liquidacid@21 July 2003 - 16:19
In October, two friends, my girlfriend and i are taking time off work and going to travel in India for 6 months.

I've not been before and am really looking forward to it. Has anyone been before? If so, what advice would you give me? Where to go, what to do, what not to do....
Have you tried looking at some travel guides online? Those should be a big help since you can find with location in India your going and find tourist infomation in that area.

Riddler
07-21-2003, 06:38 PM
@liquidacid.......check this site out; India (http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/5d7)
Excellent source for travel tips & detailed info from regular folks who've been there. :)

Jay
07-23-2003, 07:43 AM
dont drink tap water and dont get lost, i'm serious.

Riddler
07-23-2003, 11:07 AM
And don't even LOOK like you want to eat steak....I'm also serious ! :(

vegeta
07-23-2003, 12:12 PM
i am from india :) and i am glad that i am an indian :D

vegeta
07-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by liquidacid@21 July 2003 - 17:19

check this out:

http://www.rediff.com

http://www.indiatimes.com

http://travel.indiatimes.com/

stillwater
07-23-2003, 01:15 PM
im indian tooo ...n feeels good to be one

liquid acid... those links vageta gave shud be pretty usefull apart from the other exclusive travel links u get.
a lot depends on wht kinda trip ur lukin for.....religous kinda...or hiking in the mountains n all....or on the beach or jus goin around da cities n all

NeoTheOne
07-23-2003, 04:45 PM
where in india are u excatly going i was born and raised in hyderbad

iBLoStboY
07-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Why in the hell would you want to go there in the first place <_<

But since you are going...don&#39;t sleep with any Indian whores :lol:
India is the second country with the most aids cases - only behind South Africa -
Wear alot of cologne - cause as soon as you get off the plane it will smell - watch out for the beggers who will be everywhere&#33; - don&#39;t be alarmed if you see bunch of monkeys running towards you for food - Cows in the street -

Enjoy your trip.

chalkmongoose
07-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Is it just cows? &#39;Cause I was watching a movie on some guy in a bathrobe who starved himself so the Brits would go away and stop kickin&#39; his ass, and he ate pork. It pissed a lot of people off, I think.

I.am
07-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by iBLoStboY@26 July 2003 - 13:09
Why in the hell would you want to go there in the first place <_<

But since you are going...don&#39;t sleep with any Indian whores :lol:
India is the second country with the most aids cases - only behind South Africa -
Wear alot of cologne - cause as soon as you get off the plane it will smell - watch out for the beggers who will be everywhere&#33; - don&#39;t be alarmed if you see bunch of monkeys running towards you for food - Cows in the street -

Enjoy your trip.
:) Well well.
@iblostboy, you seem to present all stereotypes of India as shown by media :lol: Interesting thing abt stereotypes, some are true and some are not.

Well pal good luck for your trip&#33; Hope you have a gala time there.
Heard beaches in south are just beautiful&#33; Hope you get a chance&#33;

chalkmongoose
07-26-2003, 06:42 PM
I think most of the stereotypes about India are true...

I.am
07-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by chalkmongoose@26 July 2003 - 13:42
I think most of the stereotypes about India are true...
Things presented do exist but not as such shown in the media. For instance cows arent roaming on all the streets of India :lol: Lol, but they are in some under-developed cities. You are giving reference to a movie, ;) which ofcourse is another steretypical image presented.

Havent you heard the expression "It takes all kinds." There are people who would just get upset on you being there and there are people who would go out of the way to help ya out in anyway they can. So I would say instead of believing in whats being said, check it out and update us here :)

I.am
07-26-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by chalkmongoose@26 July 2003 - 13:38
Is it just cows? &#39;Cause I was watching a movie on some guy in a bathrobe who starved himself so the Brits would go away and stop kickin&#39; his ass, and he ate pork. It pissed a lot of people off, I think.
:lol: I hope you are not talking about "Gandhi" otherwise it will show your ignorance on a large scale.
What movie was it. During when British ruled India, there were two groups, one non-violent and one extremists. Extremists would try to eliminate Brits so its freed from them and Non-violent would instead starve themselves, lie in the passage of the enemy trucks without harming them. I think both of the groups helped in their own way to free India. But Gandhi is most remembered for obvious reasons, not extremists.

iBLoStboY
07-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Ummmm what stereotyping ? i&#39;m just presenting facts - not going by the media at all - okay tell which of the comments i&#39;ve made on india are false?

Monkeys? Cows? Since you guys do worship them its true that they are all over the place (okay maybe not all over the place) :lol: - you can&#39;t do anything to do (treat them bad). If they choose to walk on the street so be it - you can&#39;t pull them off the road...
and the smell issue thats true also - cause of the poverty, people live in mud homes etc etc and there is outdoor plumbing.

And AID thats a fact - if you are truely indian you would admit how common prostitution is. The law there doesn&#39;t do anything about it - even the police chooses to go to whores regularly.

And the only reason i would consider going there is to see Taj Mahal which was build by Muslims.

Note: i have nothing against indians :lol: My G/F is indian so There&#33;

http://home.comcast.net/~iblostboy/flag.gif

stillwater
07-27-2003, 03:32 AM
dude ..this place is getttin politically incorrect...verrry much soo

iblostboy boy ....i think ud rather not say much unitll uve actualy seen the place..

i dunnoe frem whr u got the idea of monkeys...coz theyr really arent any monkeys around the streets..

aids is a prob yeah..but its blown outta proportion...coz outta more than 1 billion ppl...a very small % have aids...which is more or less on par wid most developed countries...just that we have a LOT of people

prettty saad seing u become relegious in the end &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

there izn ne smell on the streets or anything...i mean if u were to spend a whole month traveling in india...ud prbbly come accross wht iblostboy described barely a couple of time...and thats how it is, but improving rapidly

i would noe all this coz thats whr ive lived my whole life &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

liquidacid
07-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Thanks all who answered with their brain; sorry for the delay getting back, i forgot i&#39;d even posted this here. Thanks for the useful links.
To vegeta, mysteryboi, and neotheone. Indeed you should be proud of India. In conversation with friends who have travelled there, they tell me that the experience has had a huge effect on their perceptions of life and humanity.

No thanks to iBLoStboY and chalkmongoose, both of who never fail to deliver the goods when it comes to sheer ignorance. To perpetuate such stereotypical rubbish only makes apparent that you have no experience of life outside your own back yard.

stonecold1203
07-28-2003, 02:46 AM
Bring me back some pirated Cd&#39;s :lol:

Where are you going?

I would check out Taj in Agra.

Eat lots of nice spicy Indian food and enjoy the hot weather.

You&#39;ll be super tanned when you get back

stillwater
07-28-2003, 04:16 AM
now stone cold has a point B)

taj mahal....spicy indian food ...pirated cds....

word of advice....while shoppin u gotta noe how to bargain

with pirated cds for xample there gonna ask u for about Rs 500....n u can easily bring it down to about Rs 150 or Rs 200 ........jus hang in there

:D

daz gonna work in a few places

gluck ...have fun <_<

chalkmongoose
07-28-2003, 04:24 AM
Hey, I can be politically correct if I wanted to. I just stereotype &#39;cause that&#39;s what people here expect of me. (I seem to be the KL-Idiot)
But, allow me to spew even more stereotypes. Frame these, they&#39;re from many hours of work.
Mexicans smell, and want to steal your shoes
Canadians are stupid, and think they are as good as America.
America is stupid, and thinks its better than the rest of the world
France is racist and stuck-up, and drunk
England is cold and wet, and has a queen
Chinese people wear funny hats, and run around dragging rich Americans in big carts.
Japanese people eat raw animals
Vietnamese people eat puppies
French people eat horses
Americans are obese, and rich
Russians are lazy and fat (and cold)
Russians are ignorant, and talk funny
Koreans are violent and corrupt
Americans are violent and even more corrupt than Koreans
Southerners are all inbred, and talk real slow
And I can&#39;t think of any more, I&#39;m to tired.

stillwater
07-28-2003, 06:50 AM
oh uhmm ...well atleast daz kinda a global view :huh:

hypoluxa3k
07-28-2003, 06:53 AM
drugs mess up the world, LSD is overrated, and INDIA is proof of that ;)

stillwater
07-28-2003, 06:54 AM
n shit dude iblostboy....ur paki...how low cud u sink to find a place to be anti indian .....i wudn b sayin ntn bout ur country ...but wierd how uve sed all dat...wen ur country has all those problems jus far more magnified

keep peace dude

I.am
07-28-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by chalkmongoose@27 July 2003 - 23:24
Hey, I can be politically correct if I wanted to. I just stereotype &#39;cause that&#39;s what people here expect of me. (I seem to be the KL-Idiot)
But, allow me to spew even more stereotypes. Frame these, they&#39;re from many hours of work.
Mexicans smell, and want to steal your shoes
Canadians are stupid, and think they are as good as America.
America is stupid, and thinks its better than the rest of the world
France is racist and stuck-up, and drunk
England is cold and wet, and has a queen
Chinese people wear funny hats, and run around dragging rich Americans in big carts.
Japanese people eat raw animals
Vietnamese people eat puppies
French people eat horses
Americans are obese, and rich
Russians are lazy and fat (and cold)
Russians are ignorant, and talk funny
Koreans are violent and corrupt
Americans are violent and even more corrupt than Koreans
Southerners are all inbred, and talk real slow
And I can&#39;t think of any more, I&#39;m to tired.
Here one more, Asians talk funny :lol:

I know there are tremendous stereotypes. Reason, Because there are uncountable fools. People who would like to make judgements on one culture/race what they see in one person is ignorant and those are the one&#39;s who are affected by it most.

You hear people like these talking all this, you laugh at their ignorance. The right is not to laugh with them making it a joke and more acceptable instead laugh at them coz of their lack of mental grasp and ignorance.

Adster
07-28-2003, 06:56 AM
What ever you do don&#39;t fall in love with a indian woman I did that had a relationship for 4 years and... well I went though hell and still am

Never trust a indian woman&#33;&#33;

hypoluxa3k
07-28-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by mysteryboi@28 July 2003 - 06:54
n shit dude iblostboy....ur paki...how low cud u sink to find a place to be anti indian .....i wudn b sayin ntn bout ur country ...but wierd how uve sed all dat...wen ur country has all those problems jus far more magnified

keep peace dude
and this guy too is a good example of what drugs can do, notice the racism (paki) and bad spelling (i wudn b sayin ntn bout )

stillwater
07-28-2003, 06:59 AM
talk about stereotyped fools :P

stillwater
07-28-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by hypoluxa3k+28 July 2003 - 06:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hypoluxa3k @ 28 July 2003 - 06:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mysteryboi@28 July 2003 - 06:54
n shit dude iblostboy....ur paki...how low cud u sink to find a place to be anti indian .....i wudn b sayin ntn bout ur country ...but wierd how uve sed all dat...wen ur country has all those problems jus&nbsp; far more magnified

keep peace dude
and this guy too is a good example of what drugs can do, notice the racism (paki) and bad spelling (i wudn b sayin ntn bout ) [/b][/quote]
oh uhm nice try.....case of luk whoz talkin ..... ..racism - paki &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ahem ..

whoz on drugs n whoz not

:P

I.am
07-28-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by hypoluxa3k+28 July 2003 - 01:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hypoluxa3k &#064; 28 July 2003 - 01:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mysteryboi@28 July 2003 - 06:54

keep peace dude
and this guy too is a good example of what drugs can do, notice the racism (paki) and bad spelling (i wudn b sayin ntn bout ) [/b][/quote]
:lol: Lol. Both are from the same race. How is it racism btw.?
Its not nice but how is it racism&#33;

hypoluxa3k
07-28-2003, 08:10 AM
is mysteryboi a paki too? :huh: :lol:

ThunderBolt>>>
07-28-2003, 09:09 AM
Not been to India myself, But i do speak to Amateur radio stations all accross india.
I always get into a good conversations with them.
I think you are very lucky to be going, Good luck on your travels.

Me in my Radio Shack
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Sheringham%20surf/shack_60.jpg

Oregonian
07-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Please....Please...Please
Do not bring your love or hatred for any country on this forum. India and Pakistan have their own problems and can&#39;t be solved by pointing at each other and having heated discussions in K-Lite forum.

Shalom &#33;&#33;&#33;

(means peace in Greek)

hypoluxa3k
07-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Kashmir belongs to Pakistan&#33; :angry:

stillwater
07-29-2003, 06:12 PM
WTF
hypoluxa3k :angry:

ur really pissin me of now ....helll.....1stly...this aint no place to be makin the no good comment u jus made....n 2ndly...this thread started out coz sum1 wanted sum travel advice to india...n u jus cudn let dat gooo cud u &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

being indian...ive got quite a mind rite now to give u a mouthfull &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:

but therz jus no point in it

fer da last time jus keep peace arrite...n get over ur india pak grudge...... atleast on this forum &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: