07-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Who What Where When

Illuminati
07-21-2003, 07:59 PM
Sorry - I have to go with the British expected :( :lol:

England v Germany; 5-1 :D

soopaman
07-24-2003, 03:09 PM
When Europe won the Ryder Cup last year I was about 40/50 feet from the hole when Mcginley struck the winning shot. That was pretty tense and exciting!! :D Plus it was good to get one over on the Yanks after their shocking display of bad sportsmanship in the last Ryder Cup. Mind you, what do you expect from one of the Colonies?? :P :lol:

-Archwolf-
07-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Micheal Schumacher five times world chamopion and going for his 6th in formula 1

and lance armstrong

soopaman
07-24-2003, 04:39 PM
JPaul - When you say "seen live" does that exclusively mean watched live, i.e you were there, or does TV count?? Personally, I thought it meant watched live and not on TV. Could you specify please?? Thanks ;)

fugley
07-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Armand Snurdington-Bygreaves – Wanktathalon Championship— Antwerp Belgium—1973

At the championship Armand shot, a then staggering distance of 876mm and achieved the all time top ranking for Wanking endurance record after his massive total of 27 completions in just under 38mins whilst staring intently at a photograph of potato.

Sadly Mr Burgess was forced into retirement due to loss of his sight!

soopaman
07-24-2003, 04:59 PM
:lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

That endurance record will be hard to "beat"!!!! :lol:

hypoluxa3k
07-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Euro 96 Semi Final
England 1 Germany 1
(Germany win on Pens) :lol: :D B)

Celtic 6 Rangers 2 :lol: :lol: :lol:
(SPL Fixture 27th August 2000)

GIVE US SPORTSWORLD!

fugley
07-24-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by soopaman@24 July 2003 - 16:59
:lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol:

That endurance record will be hard to "beat"!!!! :lol:
Maybe but I promise you...... I am working on it!!

DarthInsinuate
07-24-2003, 08:08 PM
Man Utd. winning the Champions League - gave me a tingley feeling all-over matched only by the ending of Star Wars

MetroStars
07-24-2003, 08:42 PM
Not really an achievement, well it sort of is but when the World Cup comes around and i watch the US, it's sort of an achievement 2 qualify for the World Cup...

Riddler
07-24-2003, 08:53 PM
One of the few good things about being an old fart is that you've been around long enough to see some amazing things. As for me, my Pa took me to Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto when I was 9 to see the Boston Bruins play our beloved Maple Leafs ( ice hockey, for all you UK fitbaw fans going....huh ? :blink: )
It was the only time I was fortunate enough to see the great Bobby Orr, in person.
( got his autograph during warm-up ) On this particular night, Bobby was feeling a bit under the weather but it didn't stop him from scoring 3 goals. The Big Bad Bruins won the game 3-2 and # 4 got the winner for the visitors and BOTH Toronto goals ! :D Yup, he accidently directed the puck into his own net....twice ! After the second one, he dropped to his knees beside Gerry Cheevers ( the Boston Goalie ) and hung his head in shame :P ......the kind hometown crowd gave him a standing " O ". We were ecstatic :lol: ...............until he popped in the one that mattered with about a minute left in the game. :(

Loomis
07-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Wow Riddler.
I would have killed to see a sight such as the one you just described!
Bobby's autograph? You have no idea (or maybe you do) how much I envy you!
Stupid Maritimes! Nothing cool ever happens out here! *hmph!*

*Loomy goes to pout out in the rain*

btw, you guys think it's rainy in the U.K.? Try moving to New Brunswick!!

Edit: Changed would've to would have, just for JPaul...;)

Riddler
07-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Loomis@24 July 2003 - 13:58
Wow Riddler.
I would have killed to see a sight such as the one you just described!
Bobby's autograph? You have no idea (or maybe you do) how much I envy you!
Stupid Maritimes!  Nothing cool ever happens out here!  *hmph!*

*Loomy goes to pout out in the rain*

btw, you guys think it's rainy in the U.K.?  Try moving to New Brunswick!!

Edit: Changed would've to would have, just for JPaul...;)
Yeah, the autograph stayed in a locked case with my hockey card collection til I discoverd girls :P and kinda forgot about those things ! I called back home re; it's whereabouts when I was in my 30's and Ma informed me that she had a garage sale some time before and got 5 bucks for it !!! :blink: D'OH !!
I was devastated ! :(

But what do you mean nothing happens in NB ? What about the ......um...OH !....how about when the........hmmmm.....OK........there's the .................never mind. :lol:

lynx
07-24-2003, 09:17 PM
If we are talking about 'live' meaning you had to be there, then I think my favorite was watching the big cats (Jaguars) taking the WSC crown at Spa Francorchamps back in September 1988. Much of the race was in heavy rain (I bet it is wetter there than New Brunswick), but the atmosphere was superb.

Edit: typo

Loomis
07-24-2003, 10:20 PM
@ Riddler: Ouch! 5$?! Oh man, that's gotta hurt...but I suppose you've had a few years to recuperate...;)
and you're abosultely right about the NB comment!

@ lynx: Okay, maybe it DOES rain more there, but right now we're on 5 days without 2 consecutive hours of sunlight!

Lamsey
07-24-2003, 11:44 PM
Lubo Moravcik scoring from a corner at Parkhead during a 4-1 demolition of St. Johnstone.