PDA

View Full Version : School Days

J'Pol
07-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Were you particularly good at any sport.

What level did you achive

olibomb
07-21-2003, 08:18 PM
I'm 13 at the mo and i'm the fastest in my middle school at 100m. On grass i cant get 12.7secs. And on track i could probably take a bit of time off that

Skweeky
07-21-2003, 08:22 PM
well, I started horseriding when I was 11, got pretty good at it, and I got into national competition when I was 13. I had to quit because of an accident when pratising for a jumping. Wrecked my knee

When I was 14, i started with gymnastics. I did a few competitions, but got into another accident when practising for a show. I landed wrongly and something in my back shifted.

No more sports for me now, except the occasional walks and a swim now and then.

Riddler
07-21-2003, 08:24 PM
3rd degree black belt in Cut Ting Klass Fu.http://www.piczonline.com/client/riddler/redboogie1.gif

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
07-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Back in High School I could drink any of you kids under the table. B)

Riddler
07-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@21 July 2003 - 13:29
:lol:
http://www.piczonline.com/client/riddler/grad1.gif

J'Pol
07-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Ah the old days in Canadia.

How are you keeping Martha, are the cats well.

CrumbCat
07-22-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@21 July 2003 - 13:29
I just returned from the bank with a fresh roll of quarters.......and I challenge you to the first round!

I've even hired a personal trainer to get you into shape for the competition......
http://beerauctions.auctionshare.com/itemimages/537/7395705994685252.JPG

I'll be waiting in the lounge.

Tchau!

Celerystalksme
07-22-2003, 05:07 AM
Excepts FC's Challenge...

Try skulling 1.25Litres of Jim Beam & Cola through a beer bong in 25 seconds and stand for a minute and not puke...then you can say you have drunk me under the table...

Oh yeah sports

Ummm Cricket...Played that for 11 years (since i was 7)...made it to (fourth grade senior level at the age of 16...one of the youngest players at that level ever)...Made it to brisbane north representitive level...was a junior bull...And yeah lotsa other stuff in there aswell...Sadly last year i had to give it away for a couple of seasons due to 2 many niggling injuries...return date hopefully next year if everything goes right...

hypoluxa3k
07-22-2003, 08:02 AM
school days were terrible. :angry:

i was really bad at sports:

couldn't swim
always last in cross country
beaten by a wee girl in 100m sprint
and scored an own goal in basketball

soopaman
07-22-2003, 08:12 AM
During my 5 years of Secondary education I was the Sports Captain for 3 years, the first and second years and the fifth year. This was voted for by my fellow pupils so it felt good to be recognised by my peers. I competed for the school at Football, Rugby, Swimming and Athletics.
I was also a keen cyclist and where I lived there were loads of big hills!! I also played football for a local side on Sundays, although most of the time I was hungover!! :lol:

Unfortunately an accident at work ended my Football ambitions so now I content myself with a bit of Golf when I have the chance. I still love watching sport though!!

Forza Sportsworld !!!!!

Buffalo
07-22-2003, 08:37 AM
I played for the school in ..........

Football, Tennis, Basketball, Table Tennis, Badminton, Cricket and Chess (can I count that?) :blink:

I sarted playing football for the town, had a season and a half then a low tackle sorta bent my knee the wrong way and that was the last time I played in a full League/Cup game :( I was 13, Football was my life and the Doc simply said "If you carry on, you'll be lucky if you're walking when you're 20" :( That terrified me, so I stopped, I still have bad knee days now, and I do miss the chase! :(
I played Right Back the First season, good that! got to chase other players :devil: Then played Centre Forward till my 'Accident' :) I think I was better as defence personally :D

Only sport I do now is Surf B) Still can't run for any length of time, so no field sports for me :(

Jonno B)

Riddler
07-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@21 July 2003 - 22:07
Excepts FC's Challenge...

Try skulling 1.25Litres of Jim Beam & Cola through a beer bong in 25 seconds and stand for a minute and not puke...then you can say you have drunk me under the table...
http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Bow.gif

olibomb
07-22-2003, 10:02 AM
I also play basketball for Northamptonshire B)

chalice
07-22-2003, 10:43 AM
I played midfield in Hurling for 12 years until I was 18.
And I've got the shins to prove it.

Guillaume
07-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Does going to school without being mugged everyday count? Cause that involves some running skills ! :lol:

Seriously I used to do judo until I broke my arm in two places while playing football with a bunch of friends... Since then I'm a lazy bastard! ;)