PDA

View Full Version : Acronyms

toddiscool
07-22-2003, 05:30 AM
I was never big on "chatting" so alot of the acronyms found on here i do not get.

IDK
ROLF
IMAO

God I know that there is more that i cannot figure out what they mean, some post end up looking like hydroglyphics. If someone could point me in the direction - of a good list of internet akronyms, or list the common ones would be much apprectited. When it comes to this stuff I am like a newbie that just downloaded his first .bin, I just do not know what to do.

MagicNakor
07-22-2003, 05:36 AM
Well, ROLF looks somewhat like a typo of ROFL, which is "rolling on the floor laughing." IMAO could be a few things (the A, anyway), but generally means "in my opinion." IDK is "I don't know," although this is the first time I've seen it. I'm of the opinion that using Internet acronyms is generally done because people are lazy. Or they can't spell well. ;)

Here's (http://www.chatlist.com/newcfdocs/searchacro.cfm) a site that has a bunch of them on it.

:ninja:

Edit: Here's (http://www.acronymdictionary.co.uk/index.html) another site with even more. :rolleyes:

toddiscool
07-22-2003, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@22 July 2003 - 06:36
IMAO could be a few things (the A, anyway), but generally means "in my opinion."
That is what i alway thought, but could not figure out the A. I eman i figured "in my honest opinion. But well you can see, no A. I thought maybee it was like acronyms for kids who cant read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good to.

But thanks that should help my understanding of this forum, and less well i thnk i could help him if i knew what he just said.

Ofcourse my typing and my refusal to edit it is much worse.

MagicNakor
07-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Well, the A could be arrogant, abysmal, awful, appalling, amused, and so on. ;) Pick whichever you like.

:ninja:

alan36uk
07-22-2003, 09:07 AM
Laughing My Ass Off at you 2 !!!

tite-wad
07-22-2003, 05:53 PM
I always thought that the 'H' in IMHO stood for Humble - guess IDKS! :P

And the addition of the 'A' in IMAO could possibly mean "Ass'" which would be a funny way of saying you were "talking out your ass" - which I suppose would be TOYA! :lol:

lynx
07-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Yeah, but I think he's combined lmao and IMO, but i could be TOMA

Ron
07-22-2003, 06:01 PM
ROFLMAOPMPNAD
(ROFL my ass of, peeing my pants, needing a diaper)

thewizeard
07-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Lynx created a new one yesterday: JPAUL.

bigboab
07-22-2003, 06:48 PM
hydroglyphics?

I wet myself too :D :D

bigboab
07-22-2003, 06:50 PM
hydroglyphics?

I wet myself too :D :D

crazy_billy_bats
07-22-2003, 06:51 PM
want to get yourself some of my incontinence pants.

mind you they are getting a bit smelly by now.

the sh*t has seaped through and its messing every floor i walk on.

tite-wad
07-22-2003, 06:57 PM
CBB, perhaps you should just duct-tape a funnel to yer bum and run a hose to the loo! :unsure: