PDA

View Full Version : FSC Request

Cheeseman1208
12-01-2007, 02:06 AM
I'd like to start out by saying that this is not a begging thread. Begging shows something about someone's character, or lack of it, to stoop that low. I realize that these are just file-sharing communities, and that I have no physical or mental need for them.

I'm requesting an invite to FSC, because I am looking for a good community of like-minded people. I just need a good forum to hang out in, and that would make a good place to "retire" from torrenting. When I say retire, I mean keep 3-4 sites, and give the rest away. I'm personally tired of this game we "torrent hunters" play, always scanning the Bittorrent Invites section of FST for a new rare giveaway, and then begging to be chosen. I'm just tired of it, I have everything I need on the sites I have, but the only thing I lack is a great community to make friends on.

Now, I bet your wondering who this idiot is who is asking for an FSC invite. Well, I happen to be the network administrator for a 1300 user network (+ 8 servers and 200 laptops), with my MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) certification. I'm somebody who knows their way around the tech world. On a more personal side, I'm somebody who's personable and friendly, because if I wasn't, I would get fired pretty quickly (being a network admin is a VERY people oriented job, but it's mostly angry users yelling at you about something). At home I'm your standard tech geek, with a fairly powerful PC, Zune (I rebelled against the iPod...), laptop, and Xbox 360. I love playing games, and I even get a few rounds of CS:S when things get slow at work.

Torrentwise, I got started file-sharing about 3 years ago, with public torrents like TPB and Mininova. That lasted me about a month or two, and ended when I got a letter from my ISP (I got caught by the MPAA). I looked into a better and faster way to torrent, and that's when these private sites caught my attention. After a while, one of my users invited me to Demonoid (I made sure he didn't torrent from work, our internet there is slow enough as it is). I thought Demonoid was the best thing since Tivo, allowing me access to games, apps, music, and TV. That satisfied me for some time. I started to get involved in more private sites, and the rest is history. However, about a month ago, I took a long. hard look at myself. I noticed that my performance at work severely decreased, and that I was hoarding these beloved torrent sites. I felt like a crack addict begging for cocaine, doing anything possible to get the highest level site possible. I told myself that enough is enough, and quickly stopped. I retired from trading, and stopped trolling some of these ridiculous torrent invite sites. I started visiting FST more often, and I spend most of my time in the lounge playing the "Last Word Game".

So, my simple request is this: I need a place that I can officially hang my torrenting hat up, and settle down. Somewhere I can waste time chatting to people on, while knowing that we're all members of the same tracker.

That's my story, thanks for listening.

IGetMoney
12-01-2007, 02:10 AM
nice story man whos your favourite fighter

mrnobody
12-01-2007, 02:14 AM
i can't give u an invite (coz i don't have one) but hey i will give you a FREE good luck and a :)

Cheeseman1208
12-01-2007, 02:16 AM
i can't give u an invite (coz i don't have one) but hey i will give you a FREE good luck and a :)
Thanks squirrel. I'll always take some free good luck :)

IGetMoney
12-01-2007, 02:17 AM
what about my question dude gl by the way

t0mmy
12-01-2007, 02:19 AM

where does he say anything about MMA, FSC isnt just about that, there are other communities and then theres whole community as its entilty :dry:

Cheeseman1208
12-01-2007, 02:20 AM
what about my question dude gl by the way
Haha, sorry Money, it's just an honor getting complemented by squirrel :D

I don't have a favorite fighter, I'm not big into that stuff.

IGetMoney
12-01-2007, 02:21 AM
o cool i wast asking tOomy

SgtMajor
12-01-2007, 03:00 AM
As a general rule, you would be a more considered candidate after 3 months in this section, and then your posting history and quality of posts and level of participation can be taken into consideration if them with the invites do happen to pass by, or if your post gets noticed and highlighted to them very same people.

Not wishing to put you off requesting invites, you never know when your luck is in, but please, don't be disappointed if this time you are not granted your wish, just pointing out a good reason why it might not be.

OTOH, it is a good request, and you never know who is looking in ;)

tweakz
12-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Sounds good...

sleepyy
12-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Sorry i know this is a little off topic but i had to ask

Cheeseman is it true you have to be retested every 18 months for your current qualifications level? i was told you have to do this to keep up with the times as software allways changes the reason i ask is i wanted to learn a similar area of work.

kallieb
12-01-2007, 03:28 AM
I mean keep 3-4 sites, and give the rest away.

I don't mean to cherry-pick your post, because I do sense your heart-felt request; but as much as you are saying that you have given up you trading history and want to retire to a nice site, please keep in mind that how you respect other torrent sites does influence whether you will be invited to sites like FSC.

Giving away an account is equally bad as trading up for it - and chances are site staff look no less critically at you for doing this, then if you were to still be trading. If you really want to retire and enjoy the community that comes with a site like FSC, you need to put aside all actions that disrespect the very kinds of sites that you are wanting to join -- and this includes account giveaways. Actions like this pose a huge risk to site security, and staff will never invite anyone whom they believe may compromise the site.

SgtMajor's suggestions are excellent. I just want to add one more. Don't *giveaway* your accounts. If you want staff to see you are different, than do the right thing now. If you are not using an account, then PM the site staff and ask for the account to be deleted.

I mean no disrespect. Just trying to offer some helpful advice.

Good luck.

fsephie
12-01-2007, 05:00 AM
I concur with the above, especially if all you are using the other sites for is a another ratio picture. The best thing is to get rid of trackers you don't need instead of transferring accounts to other individuals. If there are open sign-ups, let them sign-up; if it's invite, then invite them with your account THEN disable it. By transferring your account, you change who your inviter is responsible for. Even if you were able to convince your inviter that it will be okay, the ability for many sites to track down account trades and ban them could have a negative effect on the entire invite tree. Trust me, you certainly will not need 7+ ratio pics to get invites like this. To be honest, you might not even need something like that to get into such a community oriented torrent tracker like FSC.

In fact, given the club system at FSC, I would suggest finding out if there are certain clubs there that really interest you and maybe explaining what you have to offer that community. The thing about FSC vs. some of the other high level trackers is that while it does carry scene torrents, it also has a healthy depth of genre specific torrents. You need to be able to not only engross yourself in the community but also contribute to it through the tracker.

Now, I don't know if everyone ever invited to FSC uploads (or is even allowed to upload, please correct me if I am wrong) but I'm sure that a commitment to these genre clubs would certainly improve your chances. Remember that there are far more than just the fight club, such as DVDs, anime, etc.

Enlightened
12-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Why are both responses in "Essay" type? Yawn.......

Keep it short, this is NOT an English Class........LOL

Cheeseman1208
12-01-2007, 05:21 AM

where does he say anything about MMA, FSC isnt just about that, there are other communities and then theres whole community as its entilty :dry:

I mean keep 3-4 sites, and give the rest away.

I don't mean to cherry-pick your post, because I do sense your heart-felt request; but as much as you are saying that you have given up you trading history and want to retire to a nice site, please keep in mind that how you respect other torrent sites does influence whether you will be invited to sites like FSC.

Giving away an account is equally bad as trading up for it - and chances are site staff look no less critically at you for doing this, then if you were to still be trading. If you really want to retire and enjoy the community that comes with a site like FSC, you need to put aside all actions that disrespect the very kinds of sites that you are wanting to join -- and this includes account giveaways. Actions like this pose a huge risk to site security, and staff will never invite anyone whom they believe may compromise the site.

SgtMajor's suggestions are excellent. I just want to add one more. Don't *giveaway* your accounts. If you want staff to see you are different, than do the right thing now. If you are not using an account, then PM the site staff and ask for the account to be deleted.

I mean no disrespect. Just trying to offer some helpful advice.

Good luck.
Advice taken to heart. I'll delete the accounts instead giving them away.

Thanks for the heads up.

I understand I have not been a member here for a very long time, nor have I contributed much to the site yet. And like I said, it's not a life and death matter to me, so life goes on.

@Enlightened
:D I think I got an "A" for effort though

kallieb
12-01-2007, 05:23 AM
@ Enlightened. Why are you posting about the feedback??? The author of this post is needing some help. If you sig is right, you're already a member (hopefully not a faker). If this is true, then you should know the spirit of FSC is all about helping out. Our posts were all about trying to be helpful. What does your post say about what you are doing??

fsephie
12-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Just because I had a lot to say to him doesn't mean I shouldn't have said it at all.

Blackbeard
12-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Good luck mate.

tweakz
12-01-2007, 06:10 AM
Why are both responses in "Essay" type? Yawn.......

Keep it short, this is NOT an English Class........LOL

I know what u mean....

aysomc
12-01-2007, 06:45 AM
very nice request so you may get it, it would be much more likely though after you had spent some more time here and people got to know you better. gl though

Enlightened
12-01-2007, 07:29 AM
@ Enlightened. Why are you posting about the feedback??? The author of this post is needing some help. If you sig is right, you're already a member (hopefully not a faker). If this is true, then you should know the spirit of FSC is all about helping out. Our posts were all about trying to be helpful. What does your post say about what you are doing??

Why cant U just get to the point and leave it there....:naughty::yup::lol:

U seem to "indicate" others do not have your Insight?:frusty:

If U are looking for a Fight, let's get in the Cage, I am always ready for a "Takedown", a Kimura Choke hold...LOL

Cheeseman1208
12-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Why cant U just get to the point and leave it there....:naughty::yup::lol:

U seem to "indicate" others do not have your Insight?:frusty:

If U are looking for a Fight, let's get in the Cage, I am always ready for a "Takedown", a Kimura Choke hold...LOL
Hehe, I'd pay to see that fight.

ridah
12-01-2007, 03:47 PM

Before you talk trash about something make sure you know what your talking about. A kimura is not a choke hold - http://www.mma-training.com/kimura/

Cheeseman1208
12-01-2007, 04:01 PM
>.>
<.<

C'mon kallieb, I already bet money on you.

kallieb
12-01-2007, 04:05 PM
We ladies are naturally good UFC fighters in some respect. First I'd scratch his eyes out (without ruining the French manicure of course) and when he's temporarily blinded I'd kick him in the balls as hard as I could. Then I'd run like hell.

Voila! Victory.

monk3y
12-01-2007, 04:06 PM
i don't have the time or patience to read all this stories you've all wrote just tell me if he gets the invite at the end of all this.

carpediemm
12-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Very well written:) Hope you get it

JROQuinn
12-01-2007, 04:18 PM
We ladies are naturally good UFC fighters in some respect. First I'd scratch his eyes out (without ruining the French manicure of course) and when he's temporarily blinded I'd kick him in the balls as hard as I could. Then I'd run like hell.

Voila! Victory.

you go girl! But da balls are fragile!

Enlightened
12-01-2007, 04:47 PM

Before you talk trash about something make sure you know what your talking about. A kimura is not a choke hold - http://www.mma-training.com/kimura/
If U are a UFC Fan, U know the First thing to get the Fight warm up is to start with "Trash" or "smack" Talk.
Next is to get U in the Ring and see my Kimura guillotine on U, plus a CHOKE HOLD as well......my own Kimura Choke Hold...........LMAO:naughty::yup::yup::yup:

Voila! Victory.
Hope U have 9 Fookin LIves....LOL:naughty:

Cheeseman1208
12-01-2007, 05:23 PM

Voila! Victory.
I knew I bet on the right person!

Very well written:) Hope you get it
Thanks man.

@Enlightened
What kind of smack talk? Some "Yo Mama" jokes?