PDA

View Full Version : Creater Of Napster

Makaveli-tha-don
07-22-2003, 11:29 AM
shawn Fanning started the whole concept of sharing mp3 files but he made a dumb mistake. Because Napster was set at the centre of the network - in other words, the index to the shared files was stored on a physical server within Napster HQ - it was easy for the authorties to shut down which was a big mistake.

what u think what he did was right or wrong. i personally think clever IDEA he came up with but the structure of it was F***ED up.

TIBZ
07-22-2003, 11:31 AM
who cares lets just thank him for makin and cuz now we got k-lite and neways how was he makin money off of it wen it was free???

4play
07-22-2003, 01:22 PM
first of its kind so of course it was a brilliant idea.

but nobody could have guessed how popular it would become which was its real downfall.

MetroStars
07-22-2003, 01:42 PM
total genuis..

the_faceman
07-22-2003, 02:38 PM
i'm pretty sure people were sharing mp3's as soon as the format was created, and that was long before Napster. I read somewhere that even on old dial-up, people ere swapping .wav files of their music on IRC and the like.

One thing's for sure though, Napster did bring file-sharing to the masses, a lot of people didn't know the possibility of it before then. Back in the mid to late nineties, people thought they were lucky to find an mp3 for download on a website.

How times have changed.

stonecold1203
07-22-2003, 05:37 PM
He didn't make napster.

The dude from Italian Job made napster :P

Jay
07-23-2003, 07:39 AM
u gotta give the man credit for starting the revolution