PDA

View Full Version : Requesting an FTN invite

danio
12-02-2007, 10:42 PM
EDIT: Thanks! :)

bikernin
12-02-2007, 10:47 PM
youre a really great guy danio and deserve an FTN invite. even though you are new, you come across as very genuine and honest. really hope u get it. all the best

moffe
12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Good luck with your search, but i reckon you are but one amongst many honest people who would like FTN invite :)

fOrUmAs
12-02-2007, 10:50 PM
yep i agree with bikernin this guy is great,and his first giveaway was awesome he give invites for 4-5-6-7 lvl invites..

hope u get one m8 u are good guy

whiteyes
12-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Good Luck mate
you're a good guy and christmas time is coming

RoSsoNeRI
12-02-2007, 11:01 PM
How come I didn't get this much love when I requested FTN?? :cry: lol

anyways....good luck man :)

Peter North
12-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Better pray for the "Guys" above, see your thread and like it...
In the minute they say, "Good luck", its your ticket for neverland...

danio
12-03-2007, 12:38 AM
youre a really great guy danio and deserve an FTN invite. even though you are new, you come across as very genuine and honest. really hope u get it. all the best

thank you for your kind comment :) take care!

Bo$$4Life
12-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Danio...u are a good guy....u give good to community..hope u get your invite man...gl :)

Papps78
12-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Good luck, hope you get it..

mrnobody
12-03-2007, 01:10 AM

i suppose coz he actually took some time putting up his request. Plus, he has good reason for it :)

Adama
12-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Good luck
hope u get it

RoSsoNeRI
12-03-2007, 01:42 AM

i suppose coz he actually took some time putting up his request. Plus, he has good reason for it :)

So your saying if someone writes a 1000 word essay n it takes them an hour to make a request, they deserve an invite?? What if they later on turn out to be a leecher/scammer/trader n those 1000 words were nothing but B/S??

p.s. I didn't c anything wrong with my reason. As a matter of fact they almost the same. If u saw anything wrong with my reasoning, please do tell :)

edit: @ danio (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/danio-184722) - I hope u don't get offended by my comments bro, they weren't directed at u by any means n I really do hope u get an invite

IGetMoney
12-03-2007, 01:44 AM
^^^ i agree like a million percent wit you lol

mrnobody
12-03-2007, 01:58 AM

So your saying if someone writes a 1000 word essay n it takes them an hour to make a request, they deserve an invite?? What if they later on turn out to be a leecher/scammer/trader n those 1000 words were nothing but B/S??

p.s. I didn't c anything wrong with my reason. As a matter of fact they almost the same. If u saw anything wrong with my reasoning, please do tell :)

nothing wrong with your reasoning. Let me put it in different way...

If you haven't participated here for long and you make a request saying "i need it" (or something like that)... and saying nothing more than that...how are people supposed to know you? But, if someone puts up some words (spends a while making request) at least people will see that he really wants it.

...and i don't blame you neither other FST'ers for having your thread thrashed...it's just 2-5 FTN/FSC/ScT request pop out daily...and i suppose it frustrating when a fresh guy jumps in and just makes a two line request. Moreover, i suppose those who know how long it takes to get into FTN gets frusted by such thread.

hope u get what i am trying to say.

RoSsoNeRI
12-03-2007, 02:44 AM

If you haven't participated here for long and you make a request saying "i need it" (or something like that)... and saying nothing more than that...how are people supposed to know you? But, if someone puts up some words (spends a while making request) at least people will see that he really wants it.

...and i don't blame you neither other FST'ers for having your thread thrashed...it's just 2-5 FTN/FSC/ScT request pop out daily...and i suppose it frustrating when a fresh guy jumps in and just makes a two line request. Moreover, i suppose those who know how long it takes to get into FTN gets frusted by such thread.

Yeh I do get what ur trying to say mate n I do agree with most of the points ur making, not all of them tho. but neways this is Danio's thread.....Sorry for thrashing in ur thread Danio

danio
12-03-2007, 10:36 AM

Yeh I do get what ur trying to say mate n I do agree with most of the points ur making, not all of them tho. but neways this is Danio's thread.....Sorry for thrashing in ur thread Danio

It's allright DeSiVaDeR :P

sert
12-03-2007, 11:23 AM

:lol: :lol:

StefanSamara
12-03-2007, 11:30 AM
:lol:

Hrvoje
12-03-2007, 04:02 PM
lol

tiolewis
12-03-2007, 04:10 PM
You are a Nice guy , I hope you get it!

Grind$oFine
12-03-2007, 07:34 PM

Generally, I'd say, people who take the time to write something meaningful for an invite, are more likely to take the time to read the rules at a tracker, and take the time to seed what they download. Or if they are having problems, to take the time to fix what they're doing wrong.

Plus, you can see genuine reason from a million miles away. Some people write a lot and it just sounds like utter bullshit, and they don't get the invite.

It's like a job interview, you have to win the inviter over. It's not as simple as just being a good member. You have to be unique.

Anyway, danio, you are a nice guy, and I wish you the best of luck getting an invite. :)

th0r
12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I can't help you, but I hope someone who can does.

puckface
12-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I would say you deserve it, but you spammed my PM box... so, you dont deserve it.

danio
12-03-2007, 08:15 PM
I would say you deserve it, but you spammed my PM box... so, you dont deserve it.

hehe, i'm sorry if you found the pm annoying :)

Polarbear
12-03-2007, 08:46 PM

+1 :cool:

Adam1990
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
heh +2

SgtMajor
12-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Unwanted PMs?

Maybe it's about time you all got new sig files! :P

And it's not the best way to make friends, people remember you for your actions, and if those people have the invites you are looking for, well guess what? :D

aysomc
12-03-2007, 11:26 PM
ouch, randomly pm'ing people asking for FTN is a quick way to make sure you dont get it from them...

Polarbear
12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
ouch, randomly pm'ing people asking for FTN is a quick way to make sure you dont get it from them...

word up! when i read ftn request i usually delete the pms instantly.

pro267
12-03-2007, 11:33 PM
word up! when i read <xyz> request i usually delete the pms instantly.
List of things to do for PB:

1) Reread own post
2) Think like a bagger
3) Come to inevitable conclusion
4) Edit post

Polarbear
12-03-2007, 11:35 PM
word up! when i read <xyz> request i usually delete the pms instantly.
List of things to do for PB:

1) Reread own post
2) Think like a bagger
3) Come to inevitable conclusion
4) Edit post

what? :blink:

mrnobody
12-04-2007, 12:01 AM
^ i am confused too.

----------------------

btw, i don't understand when some of you said he doesn't deserve an invite only because he pm'ed u. Recently, there was a thread with FTN request and s/he had pm'ed bunch of people...and some of those who received pm were saying that s/he deserves an invite...what's so different with this one? the person i am talking about and the opener of this thread both are new to FST...so chances are less u knew these people already.

i am not good at explaining stuff (especially in english) but hope someone gets what i am saying.

DanielleD87
12-04-2007, 12:04 AM
maybe i'm lucky. i never get pms of people asking to be invited somewhere. all of the random pms i get are asking for trouble shooting help or are offering me on to sites I'm already on.

either way, maybe i'm just lucky? or maybe people realize I'm a cold hearted bitch and I never give away invites to non friends. *shrugs*

mrnobody
12-04-2007, 12:07 AM

but i didn't notice ur sig until u told me :lol:

maybe i'm lucky. i never get pms of people asking to be invited somewhere. all of the random pms

coz u don't have that shiny lil FTN ubar or loads of rep point or k+ posts. so a n00b here assumes u are n00b too :P

A1MAN
12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
yeah my friend u deserve to go there ur givaway was so great

TranceAddict
12-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Deserve... Good luck Danio

pandabear
12-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Unwanted PMs?

:o I got a request pm, even without said sig files :(

Also i don't know if its just me, but the whole i want a site which is all about community has become a pretty crap reason. Community is just a bonus. The reason you want it is because its got a pretty blue logo, which got pimped to xmas mode.:D

fsephie
12-04-2007, 03:13 AM
You probably mentioned it in a thread.

And I think the community is a definite. I've been posting there for about 3 days and I'm already going in on a seedbox with some people. There is a healthy level of benevolence on that forum in contrast to the number of annoying people.

Adam1990
12-04-2007, 04:12 AM
You probably mentioned it in a thread.

And I think the community is a definite. I've been posting there for about 3 days and I'm already going in on a seedbox with some people. There is a healthy level of benevolence on that forum in contrast to the number of annoying people.

did you just drop a benevolence bomb? :D

fsephie
12-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Bahhhh. Whatever.

All I'm saying is that even though in the grand scheme of things FTN isn't quite so rare as people make it out to be, there are plenty of good people there and the invite process helps weed out the bad ones. If you want to focus on the fact that I used one o' dem big ole words they use up in Nuu Yahk well whatever. If I just wanted torrents I'd sign-up at one of the open invite places and be done with it.

t0mmy
12-04-2007, 04:55 AM
oh ive gotten a request pm before, feel so proud :D

sense
12-04-2007, 07:34 AM
maybe people realize I'm a cold hearted bitch

Bingo! :lol:

jk

danio
12-04-2007, 02:40 PM

I realize now, judging from some of the responses, that to randomly advertise my thread in PMs to get more attention maybe wasn't the best move. But i hope that most people understand that I as a newbie has a bit to learn about the manners here :).

future will tell what these people (or everyone for that matter) will think about me later on.. i guess i just have to prove what i wrote in my thread post by my actions here before they believe it.

please don't see this post as an attempt from me to ingratiate myself, but to publicly apologize to the people it concerns. and to the rest - thank you for your supportive comments :)

DanielleD87
12-05-2007, 04:58 AM
maybe i'm lucky. i never get pms of people asking to be invited somewhere. all of the random pms
coz u don't have that shiny lil FTN ubar or loads of rep point or k+ posts. so a n00b here assumes u are n00b too :P
lol what you talking about!?! :blink:

obviously I am a noob. nope i'm not staff anywhere. lol :whistling

danio
12-05-2007, 06:57 PM
bump

iKill
12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
ya i agree you are very generous

sawt_eldamir
12-05-2007, 08:10 PM
good luck Dude

danio
12-06-2007, 10:41 AM
bump, again.

Artemis
12-06-2007, 01:08 PM
danio, the fact that an ftn staff member hasn't replied in your thread is a telling sign.... you are relatively new here, although this was a very well worded request and you have obviously thought about the reasons why you would like to be a member of this tracker, there have been no responses to your thread at this time.
It is a case more than anything of being a good member here and getting to know people and making good friends.
The other thing you need to realise is that for a normal member of ftn to get an invite is actually not that easy, unless they are a very old member who still has invites, then they have to be a poweruser or above and be active in the forums etc, before they can even request an invite. This is one of the reasons why ftn is relatively rare, so people really need to know you well in order to want to make the effort to invite you.
You are on the right track though, just give it some time.

bikernin
12-06-2007, 01:13 PM
spot on Artemis

mrnobody
12-06-2007, 01:22 PM
lol what you talking about!?! :blink:

obviously I am a noob. nope i'm not staff anywhere. lol :whistling

huh? lol nvm :)

danio
12-06-2007, 03:48 PM
danio, the fact that an ftn staff member hasn't replied in your thread is a telling sign.... you are relatively new here, although this was a very well worded request and you have obviously thought about the reasons why you would like to be a member of this tracker, there have been no responses to your thread at this time.
It is a case more than anything of being a good member here and getting to know people and making good friends.
The other thing you need to realise is that for a normal member of ftn to get an invite is actually not that easy, unless they are a very old member who still has invites, then they have to be a poweruser or above and be active in the forums etc, before they can even request an invite. This is one of the reasons why ftn is relatively rare, so people really need to know you well in order to want to make the effort to invite you.
You are on the right track though, just give it some time.

I guess you are right, and these thoughts has hit me aswell. I just wanted to give it some more time before i give up entirely :). Soon enough i will let the thread die and try my luck again when i have been here for a little longer :P

danio
12-07-2007, 02:54 AM
last bump, then i will close the thread :)

IGetMoney
12-07-2007, 03:00 AM
you dident get invited yet??

danio
12-07-2007, 03:02 AM
you dident get invited yet??

no, i am afraid not :cool:

IGetMoney
12-07-2007, 03:47 AM
damn man i know its hard dont give up dont close this thread keep asking u seem like a nice guy

logan62589
12-07-2007, 04:21 AM
great guy someone should help him out wit a invite

grimms
12-07-2007, 04:23 AM
You seem like a very nice guy, but trust me reaching for FTN at this point is like reaching for the stars. Wait until that star shoots down at you in a form of a private message mate.

fulu
12-07-2007, 05:31 AM
good luck mate.don't give up

DanielleD87
12-07-2007, 07:14 AM
maybe people realize I'm a cold hearted bitch

Bingo! :lol:

jk
ahahhaa you know I am!

I'm so bad I'll join a torrent site and the first thing I do as a new member is message usually a sysOP and demand that they do such en such for me. :shifty:

other then that I'm pretty :angel1:

carpediemm
12-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Good luck my friend:)

toadyus
12-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Good luck man

seanbee
12-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Danio, I don't usually even browse this section of FST (invite section) but for some reason I happened to.

You seem like a genuine person and based on some of the comments made here about you this has sort of been cemented in my mind so I am contemplating extending an invite to you but I am still a bit hesitant as you can imagine because hey we are talking about FTN here.

Factors weighing against you at this time are:

1) You, like me are still relatively new here
2) You are most active in the invite thread - 66.67% to be exact which to me is a bit concerning as it seems your area of focus at this time is getting/giving invites so I am not able to assess how well you are as a community person
3) Spamming persons for invite
4) No FTN staff has even acknowledged your thread - FTN staff are usually willing to extend invites and I find it a bit strange that not even one has responded (maybe they have drawn a negative conclusion or so - just my assumption not saying this is the case).

Like I said though I am still contemplating the decision but first I would have to come to know you a lot better (unlike most persons here my username here is my username on FTN so if I were to make a bad decision and invite u then I would risk being banned).

PM me with a instant messaging contact though so I can at least get to know you quicker

PS: I am only giving instruction for the thread starter to PM me, plz those others wanting invites don't do so

whiteyes
12-07-2007, 07:00 PM
you meet a right person now
congratulation
nice strike!

danio
12-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks to everyone for your supportive comments. I have now received my invite! So a special thanks to the inviter! :)

9NINE
12-07-2007, 07:45 PM
congratulation my friend hope to follow you

Allexandar
12-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks everyone for their supportive comments. I have now recieved my invite!

Congratulation :thumbsup:

danio
12-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Thread closed