PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Of Might And Magic 4

Orbital_Cortex
07-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Hello,

It's been some time since i tried to install this game but it never succeeds. I dl'ed like 3 copies but none of them work. Maybe i do something wrong, but i don't think so. Most copies are from deviance, does somebody have the same problem?

Thanks for answering.

Ynhockey
07-25-2003, 05:57 PM
Please be more specific. When are you encountering the problem ? Is it when installing the game or when burning it to CDs ?

We really need more info to help you.

Orbital_Cortex
07-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Well i'm using daemon to read the image, i tried to change bin's into iso's and vice versa. Doesn't help. One copy i dl'ed failes at 19% install and the other at 24%.
I'm just wondering if anyone got it good once?

Ynhockey
07-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Well, i personally copied this from a friend who copied it from someone else who took it from someone else, etc. Of course, someone downloaded it.

However, if you really want a working file for sure, use eDonkey. Nothing there's ever corrupted. I mean, sure, you might get a file that says CORRUPTED, but you can be 99% sure that everything there is fine except maybe a few bytes that you wouldn't need anyway.

I seriously don't think that the FastTrack network is any good for downloading any type of archive, especially if the size is 200+ megs.

Orbital_Cortex
07-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Well you're right about edonkey, they seem to have all the games i'm looking for, however, it works awfully slow. Any suggestion on how to boost speeds?