PDA

View Full Version : Noobish question about Dynamic IPs

OmaRin0
12-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey,
first, i'm VERY n00b about these things, so please help me.
in my old ISP, i had Dynamic IP, but recently, i have changed to a new and faster ISP.
i was wondering if i can do this new ISP have dynamic ip too?
btw, my friend made my old ISP having a dynamic ip, but he is abroad for 3 months so he can't do this one too.
waiting for any help

DyNast
12-29-2007, 05:14 PM
You just need to call them and ask them to do you IP dynamic
They probably will do that for you

Ph4wX
12-29-2007, 10:09 PM
why would you want dynamic ip? isnt static ip betteR?

limpdickkid
12-30-2007, 02:37 PM
usually you hve to pay extra to get Static IP but static is pointless if you're not taking advantage of it and most normal users dont so... its up to you.

OmaRin0
01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
ok thx guys, i will call soon, dynamic ip is MUCH better

*i couldn't close the thread (??), admin feel free to delete this thread

spark
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
delete?! why? It's useful..

dvd4alll
01-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Just give them a Call!

OmaRin0
01-04-2008, 09:17 AM
delete?! why? It's useful..

thought it was a n00b question:)

HyperNode
01-05-2008, 06:33 AM
why would you want dynamic ip? isnt static ip betteR?

First of all IP is IP there is no such thing as better or worse. Now the IP ranges are allocated to the ISP by IANA and the ISP themselves lese it to the users. Now if you are on FASTACCESS then you can still get dynamic ip which is better in sense of releasing it and renewing it if you are banned for rated from any scheme. While compared to static IP you will need to call your ISP and have them change it. Both static or dynamic makes no difference even if you are running a httpds on your own home you can still broadcast it and it will be updated automatic even if your ip changes every 30sec depending on your setup.

PS: This is why I don't have static IP even when it is offered by my ISP for free. I renew my IP every 72hours, now I would not say why let just say I need to do it. If you look below you will know why :)

grimms
01-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Yea stay with Dynamic IP (Having Static IP is pointless for torrenting, Unless your run a BT tracker or use a proxy). IANA leases ips to a businesses for networks bigger then 50 computers networked together (nodes), plus it's expensive to get specially designed ip address ranges from IANA.