PDA

View Full Version : Is This File Sharing?

chucho1421300
07-27-2003, 04:58 AM
:huh:
i have been downloading and sharing movies for about 3 years now and have never come up with this problem
Centropy BAD BOYS II 3 disc ,downloaded first CD just to see it has a password lock and can't be opened,no password supplied with file but nevertheless if we are sharing files why do we need passwords to lock them out?don't we have enough to deal with ,with the fakes and viruses, not to mention mpaa and riaa
why lock a file before sharing it?

silverccrow
07-27-2003, 06:47 AM
MAybe u Download a fake file from kazaa Try to download it from Bittorrent
BITTORRENT RULES !

Yogi
07-27-2003, 09:46 AM
don't we have enough to deal with ,with the fakes and viruses, not to mention mpaa and riaa

Ohh, how hard our lives are downloading all those "free" movies, music & software!!
Duhh......

But serious, a little patience works best.....
Till the good verifieds come up with enough sources......

For the time being ther are soo many gems left outthere without the big names......

And... please tell me if you find out why.....

-there are fakes
-viruses
-annoying artists who want money for their efforts
-people keep giving answers to questions they have no answer to.......

Cause when you do, the next Bruce Almighty is about you!!!!

B) Yogi

mark845
07-27-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by chucho1421300@27 July 2003 - 05:58
:huh:
i have been downloading and sharing movies for about 3 years now and have never come up with this problem
Centropy BAD BOYS II 3 disc ,downloaded first CD just to see it has a password lock and can't be opened,no password supplied with file but nevertheless if we are sharing files why do we need passwords to lock them out?don't we have enough to deal with ,with the fakes and viruses, not to mention mpaa and riaa
why lock a file before sharing it?
dont no if u no this but if it came with an info file open that info file with notepad and in ther should be the password, buy the sounds off things who ever has oploaded this has got it from the news groups coz they usaly password ther files

Schmiggy_JK23
07-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Pay attention people.

Read on the suprnova main page. The person who made the torrent, passworded the 3rd cd for some reason, and the suprnova admin bitched about it, and posted the password. rushlimbaughdotcom, it is i believe.

It wasnt the release group, or any other conspiracy. its a legit file, etc. The torrent maker was just being a dick for some reason.

Though at times, release groups have pass worded their releases, to prevent some duping of their videos, etc. but that is rare...

3rd gen noob
07-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@27 July 2003 - 11:21
Pay attention people.

Read on the suprnova main page. The person who made the torrent, passworded the 3rd cd for some reason, and the suprnova admin bitched about it, and posted the password. rushlimbaughdotcom, it is i believe.

It wasnt the release group, or any other conspiracy. its a legit file, etc. The torrent maker was just being a dick for some reason.

Though at times, release groups have pass worded their releases, to prevent some duping of their videos, etc. but that is rare...
exactly right

a friend of mine got this last night, and it was pass protected

we didn't know how long the pass was, so we were gonna try using a cracker for the archive, but not knowing the length of the pass, it could have taken days

he just went to the forum and the answer was there...