PDA

View Full Version : Water Vs. Coke

sharedholder
07-28-2003, 10:56 AM
WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down mid night hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: # significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl andlet the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean! road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?

(thanks for info to EscapE)

tite-wad
07-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Good god... not again! :rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry sharedholder I forgot you were gone for a while -- you probably missed it when this was posted about a week ago. :">

JONNO_CELEBS
07-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Ok then.......... :blink:

Very interesting :)

But have you noticed that people who drink Diet Coke are being ripped off :blink:

I mean, you get a bottle of regular Coke and it cost's £1.19 :) , You buy a bottle of Diet Coke for the same price........but there's no sugar in it :blink:
Therefore, you get less product for the same price :angry:

Jonno B)

tite-wad
07-28-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@28 July 2003 - 06:03
Ok then.......... :blink:

Very interesting :)

But have you noticed that people who drink Diet Coke are being ripped off :blink:

I mean, you get a bottle of regular Coke and it cost's £1.19 :) , You buy a bottle of Diet Coke for the same price........but there's no sugar in it :blink:

Jonno B)
You get enough sugar JONNO! :P

Guillaume
07-28-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@28 July 2003 - 12:03

Jonno B)
Tell that to the people who work in the dread aspartame mines! :P

JONNO_CELEBS
07-28-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Gurahl@28 July 2003 - 11:06

Tell that to the people who work in the dread aspartame mines! :P
Hey Gurahl, ain't seen you about for a while, how's ya doing :D

In the what mines?? :blink:

@Tite Wad: Yeah thanks, but I could always do with more energy so I can keep one step ahead of you guys :P

Jonno B)

Illuminati
07-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Well reading the same information a week after it was last posted, I've got to decide the obvious choice.

COKE! :D

You really think that coke drinkers are oblivious to the acid content? No-one who drinks the stuff regularly gives a flying f*** to it. Personally, I enjoy the fact that it feels that Diet Coke is "cleaning out" my gullet & stomach; it's actually a good feeling, one which to be honest water doesn't do for me.

Then again, it is hard to take you seriously when you put down an blatant collection of biased facts - I'm guessing EscapE got it from a Dentist's Association or similar.

Lemme guess - You didn't get enough Coke as a child? :P

sharedholder
07-28-2003, 11:15 AM
you probably missed it when this was posted about a week ago

:huh: OOOPS,Sorry.

Guillaume
07-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@28 July 2003 - 12:10

Hey Gurahl, ain't seen you about for a while, how's ya doing :D

In the what mines?? :blink:

Well, i've been the whole week end to a friend's wedding, so I still have trouble finding the proper english words... So the one I was looking for is that horrible white-powder that is supposed to replace sugar in most diet products ( sweetener? sacharose? :unsure: )

I think I need a coke! :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
07-28-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Gurahl@28 July 2003 - 11:16
horrible white-powder that is supposed to replace sugar in most diet products ( sweetener? sacharose? :unsure: )

I think I need a coke! :lol:
White Powder?? :blink: Coke??? :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for acid, find a penny on the beach that has been there for years, put it in a cup and poor Coke on it, leave it over night and see what happens :D

Jonno B)

"The Avatar Man"
07-28-2003, 11:28 AM
NOBODY DRINK COKE
Drink pepsi ;)
http://mitglied.lycos.de/pepsifanclub/grafik/pepsitattoobig.jpg
well now that my feeble attempt at gettign a multimillion dollar contract from pepsi is over I must express my real outrage at the people who mix coke with water.
it is the most disgusting thing imaginable.

tite-wad
07-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder@28 July 2003 - 06:15

you probably missed it when this was posted about a week ago

:huh: OOOPS,Sorry.
I wasn't scolding sharedholder - just appologizing. :(

tite-wad
07-28-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by "The Avatar Man"@28 July 2003 - 06:28
I must express my real outrage at the people who mix coke with water.
it is the most disgusting thing imaginable.
Oh, so you don't put ice in your Pepsi then? :P

JONNO_CELEBS
07-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by "The Avatar Man"@28 July 2003 - 11:28

well now that my feeble attempt at gettign a multimillion dollar contract from pepsi is over
So if you get one are you gonna do what all the others do??

Advertise Pepsi and get photoed drinking Coke :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Edit@Tite Wad: Good Come back man :lol: :lol: Ice :lol: :lol: cos it's frozen water :lol: :lol:

We know that :rolleyes: Idiot :rolleyes:

I'm gonna get you in a minute :angry:

Illuminati
07-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+28 July 2003 - 12:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 28 July 2003 - 12:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-"The Avatar Man"@28 July 2003 - 11:28

well now that my feeble attempt at gettign a multimillion dollar contract from pepsi is over
So if you get one are you gonna do what all the others do??

Advertise Pepsi and get photoed drinking Coke :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Edit@Tite Wad: Good Come back man :lol: :lol: Ice :lol: :lol: cos it&#39;s frozen water :lol: :lol:

We know that :rolleyes: Idiot :rolleyes:

I&#39;m gonna get you in a minute :angry: [/b][/quote]
Sounds like "Britney Spears syndrome", that does ;)

WeeMouse
07-28-2003, 11:43 AM
IRN-BRU&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

:)

Cool geetar Jonno B)

JONNO_CELEBS
07-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@28 July 2003 - 11:43

Cool geetar Jonno B)
:D :D B)

I think I&#39;m gonna buy a tin of Iron Brew today :D

You talked me into it Weemouse :D

Jonno B)

clocker
07-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Sharedholder,
My sources in Atlanta tell me that all your facts are propaganda, spread by agents of Perrier.

Illuminati
07-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by clocker@28 July 2003 - 13:43
Sharedholder,
My sources in Atlanta tell me that all your facts are propaganda, spread by agents of Perrier.
Oh please clocker - Stop making far-fetched accusations...

They were from Evian :D

Lamsey
07-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+28 July 2003 - 13:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 28 July 2003 - 13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WeeMouse@28 July 2003 - 11:43

Cool geetar Jonno&nbsp; B)
:D :D B)

I think I&#39;m gonna buy a tin of Iron Brew today :D

You talked me into it Weemouse :D

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
No, not Iron Brew - Irn-Bru, from Barr&#39;s.

Any cheap imitation is just crap.

Wolfmight
07-28-2003, 02:34 PM
Water&#33;

Guillaume
07-28-2003, 02:35 PM
What do you say to a nice cup of tea?

Lamsey
07-28-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Gurahl@28 July 2003 - 15:35
What do you say to a nice cup of tea?
I say :P

JONNO_CELEBS
07-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@28 July 2003 - 14:33

No, not Iron Brew - Irn-Bru, from Barr&#39;s.

Any cheap imitation is just crap.
I know Lamsey :rolleyes: It&#39;s a joke that Weemouse will understand :D

She corrected me a while back and I said that When it 1st came out way back when, It was called Iron Brew :D

I&#39;m not that old Lamsey :P I&#39;m still hip :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Z
07-29-2003, 03:04 AM
i drink gallons of coke and rarely drink water. (though i do drink gatorade)

i feel fine....but i would like some coke...

Twist3r
07-29-2003, 03:10 AM
pepsi is better then coke but coke is still good

Z
07-29-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Twister@28 July 2003 - 22:10
pepsi is better then coke but coke is still good
dont even start with me :devil: pepsi must die&#33;

the_faceman
07-29-2003, 03:47 AM
i&#39;m pretty sure the human body clever enough to extract the water we need from Coke, or any other drink that contains water, or in fact most foods that contain water.

I&#39;d choose Coke, because it tastes good, and also because this post points out all the useful things it can do, like dissolve unwanted metal ( or any pesky T-Bone steaks that are left lying around ), keep engines and toilet bowls clean, and bring the shine back to car bumpers.

The hands down winner has to be Coke, it&#39;s multi-talented.

(PS - i read somewhere it has over 300 calories per can, so all you diet-loving folks out there watch out)

(PPS - Pepsi tastes awful, especially that Pepsi Max stuff, mind you, so does any kind of Coke that isn&#39;t New or Classic)

3rd gen noob
07-29-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by the_faceman@29 July 2003 - 04:47
(PS - i read somewhere it has over 300 calories per can, so all you diet-loving folks out there watch out)
9 teaspoons per 330ml can, i seem to remember

abigspidermonkey
07-29-2003, 04:11 AM
good to know.... :)

abigspidermonkey
07-29-2003, 04:12 AM
good to know.... :)