PDA

View Full Version : Terrible vectoral speeds!

punki_rach
01-15-2008, 08:16 PM
I've just got a new vectoral seedbox and the download speeds are great but the upload speeds are worse than my home pc, around 40kbps tops. The highest I've seen them go was about 400kbps and that was only for a few seconds. I've set utorrent up to accept as many connections as possible and all that jazz but nothing's working. Do you think I should try another client or something? It's really starting to annoy me, I paid quite a lot for this server after reading everyone's reviews and it's been nothing but trouble so far, so any help would really be appreciated...

christian007
01-15-2008, 08:17 PM
i dont no

goodluck

fisherman
01-15-2008, 08:31 PM
I've used many different seedboxes and Vectoral is by far the best for speed, their support is crap tho.

Make sure your using uTorrent 1.7.5 as when i changed over from version 1.6.1 I saw a major differance is better speed.

Also leave most of the options on default.... maybe change the disk cache to 250mb

Thats it really.. I've just got my server back up and running and I just hit 6mbs upload on a new torrent....

Good luck

SgtMajor
01-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Depends on number of leechers, and are them leechers leeching everything or just partial leechers.

You need to jump on something very popular very early on at TL to check if your up speed is fully working.

kloot
01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
are you sure there are leechers for what you are trying to upload? maybe if there are, they haven't got good download speeds. Also, are you sure your upload speed isn't cappedin your client?

fisherman
01-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah I tell ya, I just got my server back up and running to day and jumped on a new torrent to check it out.

Somebody doesn't like me as my Vectoral server was "compromised" 3 times within a week :mellow: Some down time there.

I had to get it secured professionally today and with firewalls ect... it can mess up speeds but thankfully enough when i jumped on the new torrent it hit 6mbs right away so thats a weight off my mind.

So also if u have a firewall active, make sure ports are forwarded :)

punki_rach
01-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah I've been jumping on new torrents (like the new prison break) as well as torrents with lots of leechers and nothing seems to be working. And my trackers say I'm connectable so it can't be the firewall that's a problem. I think I might try experimenting with a few different clients and see if that helps

fisherman
01-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Do a speedtest mate....

Install firefox onto ur server and also install flash player and run a speedtest at speedtest.net

punki_rach
01-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Well according to my speedtest my download is about 6mbps and my upload is 8mbps. It's just not getting anywhere near that in utorrent

fisherman
01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Hmm, it is a strange one....

Are u from Europe?

I ask this because I rented a softlayer server awhile ago cause I heard they were great and I couldn't get past 1mbs upload.... I gather it was because they are in the U.S and I'm in Europe and it was bad routing or something... As soon as I went back to Vectoral..BooM the speeds were crazy again...

Did u try ur ftp speed to ur hd yet? I get on average 350kbs to my hd with vectoral, with softlayer it was only 150 max.

Hope u get this sorted mate

punki_rach
01-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah I'm from the UK but I think vectoral's servers are in Germany aren't they? I haven't tried my ftp speeds yet actually because I was trying to get my speeds fixed first but I might try it and see what happens

AmpeD
01-15-2008, 09:12 PM
You need to jump on something very popular very early on at TL to check if your up speed is fully working.
so true, i thought my upload was ok (1 mb/s) until i started on a dvdscr tht just came out and I got 23 gigs up at 5mb/s:01:

fisherman
01-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Yeah their offices are in the UK and servers are in Germany so u should be hitting full speeds..

Download something and see what ftp speed ur hittin. It should be on average 250kbs-350kbs or possibly more.

punki_rach
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah I'll try that I think. I've got to go to work now but I'll try tomorrow and post again if I'm still having trouble.

fisherman
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Good luck :)

kloot
01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi

Have you solved your problem yet? I completely forgot to come back and check how you got on :rolleyes: If you are using a linux OS, i recommend using rtorrent as your bt client. There are some useful guides here on how to install it, it's easy to cusomise and use, and it doesn't use much resources.

Let us know how you are getting on with it! :)

punki_rach
01-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh yeah sorry I forgot to post about how I went on. Well it's all sorted now, I just wasn't downloading the right torrents apparently. Needed to grab very new ones rather than popular ones. Works great now :D

monk3y
01-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh yeah sorry I forgot to post about how I went on. Well it's all sorted now, I just wasn't downloading the right torrents apparently. Needed to grab very new ones rather than popular ones. Works great now :D

this is the first thing to check, before complaining about utorrent or the host company, any way i'm glad you worked it out =)

punki_rach
01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
lol yes I apologise to vectoral and utorrent, was my fault all along :P