PDA

View Full Version : requesting BTMusic (with *dated* proofs)

koolyt
01-16-2008, 11:39 PM
proofs w/ today's date:

hdbits: http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/27317e2116387
bit-hdtv: http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/4abdf12116388

speedtest (1mbit up):

http://www.keepmyfile.com/image/14d32b2116385

i would like this invite for free : ) will give rep points of course

krunktastic
01-17-2008, 12:00 AM
I got an invite to* this site, and it wasn't easy. I would recommend scrapping the ratio proofs and speedtests and giving an actual reason as to why you want to be a member or what you could offer. It's easy to qualify yourself by stating that you're a member on other sites and that you have a high upload speed, but that doesn't necessarily make you a good member. I have a fast connection but it's throttled, so I have to seed constantly to make up for it. Plus, I have high quality equipment that I can play my FLAC music on.

Enough rambling, why do you want to be a member and what does it have that isn't on other sites?

Cruel
01-17-2008, 12:08 AM
since BTMusic isn't exactly What/Waffles, what eactly are you looking for (don't say FLAC) artistswise...

Fiamma
01-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Good advice.

fisherman
01-17-2008, 01:28 AM
BTMusic is a really great site for lossless, it has everything :) It has to be my fav music site at present. I don't know how good E**** is as I'm not a member but BTMusic is super. Once I started listening to Flac it's hard to listen to anything else.....

koolyt
01-17-2008, 05:55 AM
thanks for responses.

i have shifted to downloading primarily lossless audio now so i'm looking for as much of that as i can find, especially trance, pop, dance, and the occasional top-40 type album. i have Senn HD-650's hooked to Meier-Audio Corda Move portable amp, so i can appreciate the sound quality. i am a member of what, which has more lossless torrents than BTMusic as far as i know, but i am hoping BTMusic will have some unique stuff and perhaps more in the genres i mentioned above.

grimms
01-17-2008, 06:04 AM
Good advice.

Nice to see you here Fiamma and congrats on your recent promotion.:D

Torn
01-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Koolyt; do you know how to upload? Do you want to upload?

koolyt
01-17-2008, 06:58 AM
^^ yes and yes, however i've only got about 40 lossless albums atm. some of them are likely unique since i got them from non-torrent sources. i won't, however, be able to bring large amounts of new content to the site if that's what you're asking

grimms
01-17-2008, 07:19 AM
^^ yes and yes, however i've only got about 40 lossless albums atm. some of them are likely unique since i got them from non-torrent sources. i won't, however, be able to bring large amounts of new content to the site if that's what you're asking

I would also focus your attention on learning how to rip albums perfectly (exact copy) Also learning different compression methods, and mastering EAC (CD Ripping Tool):D

Cruel
01-17-2008, 10:14 AM
thanks for responses.

i have shifted to downloading primarily lossless audio now so i'm looking for as much of that as i can find, especially trance, pop, dance, and the occasional top-40 type album. i have Senn HD-650's hooked to Meier-Audio Corda Move portable amp, so i can appreciate the sound quality. i am a member of what, which has more lossless torrents than BTMusic as far as i know, but i am hoping BTMusic will have some unique stuff and perhaps more in the genres i mentioned above.

Ok, there are some occasional Trance 5 last month, Pop is very seldom something new it varies from early 70's to today but often none of the popular bands (even though there were an Avril Lavigne album some days ago). Dance isn't a catergory on BTMusic. And for top40... I don't think I've seen any. I think TT has more Trance/Dance FLACs though. And What/Waffles are far better for pop/top40.

You've had a moderator look at your thread.
Maybe you're lucky, maybe you're not.

But I think your best shot to get in is learn to rip your CD's to FLAC with the high standards and with cue and log.
And then present what you can bring to the table.

fisherman
01-17-2008, 01:24 PM
thanks for responses.

Ok, there are some occasional Trance 5 last month, Pop is very seldom something new it varies from early 70's to today but often none of the popular bands (even though there were an Avril Lavigne album some days ago). Dance isn't a catergory on BTMusic. And for top40... I don't think I've seen any. I think TT has more Trance/Dance FLACs though. And What/Waffles are far better for pop/top40.

You've had a moderator look at your thread.
Maybe you're lucky, maybe you're not.

But I think your best shot to get in is learn to rip your CD's to FLAC with the high standards and with cue and log.
And then present what you can bring to the table.

Bang on there about the catagories....

I like trance to a certain extent but I like mostly stuff from the 60's right thru til today and BT has it all, even some really rare stuff. I love the place :)

Good luck at getting in :)

koolyt
01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
problem is i don't own any CD's. all of my music is either mp3 or FLAC that i downloaded.

well i guess thx for looking guys.

TT is hard to get into w/o trading : (

Fiamma
01-18-2008, 05:52 AM

You would not be able to share these on BTMusic. Only qualified uploaders are allowed to upload. They have to upload personal rips from commercial media.

BTMusic has over 13,000 torrrents at present, all lossless all with log cue m3u info.txt files and most have artwork.

Just a thumbnail sketch for you.

Good advice.

Nice to see you here Fiamma and congrats on your recent promotion.:D

Thanks grimms, I hope you're enjoying our tracker :D