PDA

View Full Version : Blair Witch Project

hypoluxa3k
07-29-2003, 08:28 AM
...i just realised that the story is a slight copy of Cannibal Holocaust (which someone mentioned in the 'what movie has made you vomit' post, so i decided to check it out)

Cannibal Holocaust (1979)
In the beginning of this film we meet a documentary team of three young men and a young woman. They are heading for the south-American jungle to search for real cannibals. After a while the crew is reported missing and a rescue team is send from the US. This team gets in touch with an amazon tribe called the Tree-people. The tree-people gives them the only remains of the first crew - the filmrolls containing the material this crew shot during their search for real cannibals. Back in the US we get to see these films. We now get to see exactly what happened to the first crew.

Blair Witch Project (1999)
Three film students travel to Maryland to make a student film about a local urban legend... The Blair Witch. The three went into the woods on a two day hike to find the Blair Witch, and never came back. One year later, the students film and video was found in the woods. The footage was compiled and made into a movie. The Blair Witch Project.

Rocktron
07-29-2003, 09:50 AM
Cannibal Holocaust (1979) OMG..

That movie was very weird to watch, they made it look like real recordings.

And i see the comparison.. yep maybe they stole the idea, your right.

MetroStars
07-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Cannibal Holocaust was a 100 times better than the Blair Witch.. did u know that they killed a real turtle in Cannibal Holocaust, pretty shocking...

L0rD_S0tH
07-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@29 July 2003 - 12:51
Cannibal Holocaust was a 100 times better than the Blair Witch.. did u know that they killed a real turtle in Cannibal Holocaust, pretty shocking...
I agree Cannibal Holocaust is much, much better than blair witch.

Plus they killed a real muskrat (gutted it) and a real monkey (sliced the top of its head off).

Celerystalksme
07-29-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@29 July 2003 - 22:51
i had this movie downloaded till 79% off BitTorrent and there was a blackout and it wouldn't resume...so i have to download it again...

MetroStars
07-29-2003, 05:13 PM
i had this movie downloaded till 79% off BitTorrent and there was a blackout and it wouldn't resume...so i have to download it again...

U will enjoi it...

Gemby!
07-29-2003, 09:37 PM
why have i not heard of this cannibal holocaust ?? Sunds nasty ...hehehehe i like it and by the way blair witch was crap and not even slightly scary and i was young then

Dapadipz
07-29-2003, 09:39 PM
i saw a spoof of this in Blockbuster