PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Elite Force Ii Need Help

james_bond_rulez
07-29-2003, 12:26 PM
hi guys help me out:

I downloaded Star.Trek.Elite.Force.II.DEViANCE.CD1.X-Gamers.ShareReactor.bin (630,594KB) and Star.Trek.Elite.Force.II.DEViANCE.CD2.X-Gamers.ShareReactor.bin (695,715KB), burned em to disks. The first disk installed fine, then I was prompted to put in the second disk. I put the second disk in the drive, ready to continue, pressed "ok", but the error message keeps coming back "Please insert disk 2"!!!

I search the net for patches for this, but apparently there is none and apparently i am not alone on this issue. Guys help me out?

james_bond_rulez
07-29-2003, 06:26 PM
mmm guys a lil help? :D

james_bond_rulez
07-30-2003, 03:48 AM
hello anybody?! :huh:

james_bond_rulez
07-30-2003, 07:11 AM
Nobody is playing Elite Force II?? wow you guys dont know what you are missing...

it's a kickass game and I CANT PLAY IT!!!! grrr

Xilo
07-30-2003, 07:26 AM
Yes I play it. Single player is actually fun and it's got a pretty good storyline. The game worked fine for me dunno what you are doing wrong.

james_bond_rulez
07-30-2003, 12:52 PM
which files you got? i am gonna download again

Xilo
07-30-2003, 04:56 PM
I don't know. I downloaded it when it was first leaked. ;)

james_bond_rulez
08-01-2003, 05:50 PM
any one else help??!!

imported_The__One
08-02-2003, 12:11 AM
Dude, I got the exact same files you did (only I got them off emule...) and I burned and installed just fine. I had the same problem when I downloaded Unreal Tournament 2003 off kazaa....I'm afraid U'll have to get another copy to be able to install properly

However, if you really want to play the game, there is a way to install the files:

-First copy all the contents of CD 1 to a folder (say C:\EF_CD1)

-Then copy all contents of CD2 to another folder

-Now run the setup.exe file from the CD1 folder

-when the installation comes to the point where you need to insert CD2, do not close the istallation window, just minimize it, go to the CD1 folder, delete all it's contents (or move them to a diffrent folder) and copy all the CD2 contents to the CD1 folder. So you'll have the second CD's contents inside the folder from wich you ran setup.exe (the CD1 folder). This is very important!

-Now try to continue the installation...if it works, then U are a lucky guy, cause there are usually several corrupt files <_<

Hope this helps, since it&#39;s a hell of a game, I just beat it yesterday :D

james_bond_rulez
08-02-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by The__One@2 August 2003 - 00:11
Dude, I got the exact same files you did (only I got them off emule...) and I burned and installed just fine. I had the same problem when I downloaded Unreal Tournament 2003 off kazaa....I&#39;m afraid U&#39;ll have to get another copy to be able to install properly

However, if you really want to play the game, there is a way to install the files:

-First copy all the contents of CD 1 to a folder (say C:&#092;EF_CD1)

-Then copy all contents of CD2 to another folder

-Now run the setup.exe file from the CD1 folder

-when the installation comes to the point where you need to insert CD2, do not close the istallation window, just minimize it, go to the CD1 folder, delete all it&#39;s contents (or move them to a diffrent folder) and copy all the CD2 contents to the CD1 folder. So you&#39;ll have the second CD&#39;s contents inside the folder from wich you ran setup.exe (the CD1 folder). This is very important&#33;

-Now try to continue the installation...if it works, then U are a lucky guy, cause there are usually several corrupt files <_<

Hope this helps, since it&#39;s a hell of a game, I just beat it yesterday :D
wow great idea. But that&#39;s what I did. Well not "exactly". I used ISObuster to extract stuff to 2 folders and installed from my harddrive. exept I copies everything in folder 2 to folder 1 when the disk 2 is required and i just overwrote everything... is that so different from your method???&#33;&#33;

but anyways thx for the tip i&#39;ll try again...

:D

P.S. hey dude I got the files off of emule too DUDE. :P :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: <_< (maybe you downloaded it off of me :D)

imported_The__One
08-02-2003, 01:06 PM
wow great idea. But that&#39;s what I did. Well not "exactly". I used ISObuster to extract stuff to 2 folders and installed from my harddrive. except I copies everything in folder 2 to folder 1 when the disk 2 is required and i just overwrote everything... is that so different from your method???&#33;&#33;

but anyways thx for the tip i&#39;ll try again...

P.S. hey dude I got the files off of emule too DUDE.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; (maybe you downloaded it off of me )

If you already tried what you said, and it didn&#39;t work, then I doubt "my way"will either, it&#39;s the same thing really....but then again, who knows, perhaps you&#39;ll get lucky and it&#39;ll work :D :D

p.s: weird that you got it off emule and it doesn&#39;t work, I got like 20 games form there and they all worked perfecty.... :blink:

james_bond_rulez
08-02-2003, 04:09 PM
yeah weird huh?

it&#39;s ok i&#39;ll download again...