PDA

View Full Version : Enter The Matrix

screamTUSSI
07-29-2003, 12:40 PM
what's the difference between the files ENTER THE MATRIX DEVIANCE AND ENTER THE MATRIX??????what's deviance???

Dapadipz
07-29-2003, 06:19 PM
deviance is a group who release the game <_<

Roosh
08-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Dapadipz,

Just downloaded the Deviance 4 disc set, and have nero, isobuster, winiso, alcohol 120%, daemon tools, etc., you name it, to use with the files, but am not really sure what to do from there. :huh:
Do I burn all 4? (does that mean, sfter they&#39;re burned, that I have to stop play at some point, remove one disk and insert another?)
Do I extract them to the hd? (I&#39;d rather not waste 2.8+ gb of disk space)
Do I have to separate the movie from the game?

Just the getting started basics.
Hope you can help. TIA. ;)

Guyver
08-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Roosh@3 August 2003 - 10:33
Dapadipz,

Just downloaded the Deviance 4 disc set, and have nero, isobuster, winiso, alcohol 120%, daemon tools, etc., you name it, to use with the files, but am not really sure what to do from there. :huh: Do I burn all 4? (does that mean, sfter they&#39;re burned, that I have to stop play at some point, remove one disk and insert another?)
Do I extract them to the hd? (I&#39;d rather not waste 2.8+ gb of disk space)
Do I have to separate the movie from the game?
Just the getting started basics.
Hope you can help. TIA. ;)
all u do is burn all 4 disks, pop in the first disk install ask for second and so on, then just get a no cd crack thneu can just play without changing cd, i have done this with mafia werks great never have to use the cds :D

Roosh
08-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Ok so just burn the bins & cues to 4 cd-r&#39;s w/ nero, install using disk 1 and insert the others when asked, and then get a what from where?

How much space will the installed info take up on my system?

Guyver
08-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Roosh@3 August 2003 - 10:55
Ok so just burn the bins & cues to 4 cd-r&#39;s w/ nero, install using disk 1 and insert the others when asked, and then get a what from where?

How much space will the installed info take up on my system?
well my mafia game was 3cd and installed it was only like 1.8 gb, so it should be much more that 2 gigs , and for cracks go to

gamecopyworld.com :D hope this helps

Roosh
08-03-2003, 11:11 AM
I&#39;m a little unclear on something:
The way I see it, you can either eat up 2.8 gigs of hardrive space by extracting everything to hd, or you can use up 4 cds for burning. But now you&#39;re, as well as the deviance nfo, is saying burn to cd (use 4 cd-r&#39;s) and then install to hd (use up the nearly 3 gigs of space). That seems like a waste.
Then there&#39;s this no crack or mounting image business -- why do that if you&#39;ve already burned to disc? :blink:

DWk
08-04-2003, 04:30 AM
no-cds are used to play without a cd....and trust me its WORTH wastin the space for a game like ETM... its mostly videos.

Besides, after you burn the cds...ull lay off the 4 images, dont u think?
DWk

Roosh
08-04-2003, 05:30 AM
:huh:
I don&#39;t follow you.

1)Why is it "WORTH wastin the space for a game like ETM mostly videos"? Why not waste that space on cd and conserve the more valuable hd space?

2)
[b]Besides, after you burn the cds...ull lay off the 4 images, dont u think?
Well, I burn to the cds, delete the images, and then install to hd, which will take up the same amount of space, won&#39;t it? So what&#39;s the difference?

(Thanks for responding, btw :) )

toddiscool
08-04-2003, 06:32 AM
OK here we go. When you have the image files, or the CD&#39;s you cannot play from them. They contain the files that must be installed onto your hardrive. Like when you buy a game, you use the CD to install the game onto your hard drive. You must install the game onto your hard drive. Full installation is best, especially with downloaded games. The sapce that it takes to install is 2 or whatever gigs. PLus you need the original medium which the installation came from, I suppose you could burn them to cd, mount the images, install the game, then delete the images. But then you cannot reinstall the game if you need to.

Roosh
08-04-2003, 08:44 AM
When you have the image files, or the CD&#39;s you cannot play from them. They contain the files that must be installed onto your hardrive. Like when you buy a game, you use the CD to install the game onto your hard drive. You must install the game onto your hard drive.

Ahh -- that&#39;s a major point I was missing -- I&#39;ve never installed a pc game to my computer (actually never have done anything w/ video games beyond Sega Genesis :D)

Plus you need the original medium which the installation came from, I suppose you could burn them to cd, mount the images, install the game, then delete the images.

Ok, so I&#39;m pretty sure I understand to take my 4 deviance .bin&#39;s, burn each to cd-r, delete the .bin&#39;s from hd, then install the game to hd from the discs...
What does mounting an image mean?

browser
08-04-2003, 11:10 PM
I&#39;m no expert but i know you can mount an image on a virtual drive to make ur PC think it has a disk. this means u don&#39;t need to burn it but u still need 2 install it. Then u can play. (i think u need a crackfix which u can get on this board, i&#39;ll look 4 it if u want) U should use Alcohol 120% to mount the images.

@ all the experts out there, i&#39;m sure i made a few mistakes so feel free to correct