PDA

View Full Version : Getting Nowhere Fast

macavoy
07-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm making coasters!
Is there a simple easy to follow guide for idiots, working from which film types (formats?) to download, and an easy way to get them onto disk to play on a standalone DVD player?

I have a new DVD burner and a player, both good Sony models supposedly capable of DVD-R&RW and DVD+R & RW.

I have read and read and get more confused, and my pile of coasters gets ever bigger.

I have available (courtesy of Kazaa) Nero, Alcohol 120% TMPGEnc etc, but getting no-where fast.

Can anyone help please. Just try not to confuse me further> :(

3rd gen noob
07-29-2003, 08:43 PM
http://www.dvdrhelp.com

Darth Sushi
07-29-2003, 09:11 PM
Check out http://www.doom9.org/ also.

icehole#
07-29-2003, 11:53 PM
try DLing Nimo video pack, Ulead Movie factory and Ulead movie factory 2.Use Movie factory to encode from avi to mpg 1 or 2 using the capture video button, then open movie factory 2 to burn the mpg 1 or 2 to disc.I tried all the other programs and this seems to be working for me.

macavoy
07-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by icehole#@29 July 2003 - 23:53
try DLing Nimo video pack, Ulead Movie factory and Ulead movie factory 2.Use Movie factory to encode from avi to mpg 1 or 2 using the capture video button, then open movie factory 2 to burn the mpg 1 or 2 to disc.I tried all the other programs and this seems to be working for me.
Thanks, I'll give a try.

Re: www.dvdrhelp.com & doom9.org

doom seems to ban anything that might help with downloaded movies, and every help article I tried on dvdrhelp, needed at least 6-8 programmes and links for info to at least 10 other articles.

mark845
07-30-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by macavoy@29 July 2003 - 21:42
Hi everyone,

I'm making coasters!
Is there a simple easy to follow guide for idiots, working from which film types (formats?) to download, and an easy way to get them onto disk to play on a standalone DVD player?

I have a new DVD burner and a player, both good Sony models supposedly capable of DVD-R&RW and DVD+R & RW.

I have read and read and get more confused, and my pile of coasters gets ever bigger.

I have available (courtesy of Kazaa) Nero, Alcohol 120% TMPGEnc etc, but getting no-where fast.

Can anyone help please. Just try not to confuse me further> :(
hi ther, i use to have the same trouble as u, until a mate told me about mainconcept encoder u should give it a try its very easy to use and very fast at encoding, it will handle any fromat that u can throw at it with out no lose ov lip sink