PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Help - About Windows

Hairbautt
01-27-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm a complete amatuer at this.

What I'm trying to do is copy the "longhorn" font (with glow) to add "custom xp" at the end.

The first image is...uhhh...the original. The second is my own attempt and fail, but that's what I mean "to add 'custom xp' at the end." Except the glow isn't right.

The font is Tamoha size 18.
Screenies:

Something Else
01-27-2008, 05:33 PM
I can do it but I'll have to change it all. I mean everything....ok?

Hairbautt
01-27-2008, 05:34 PM
:unsure: Sure.

If it goes from longhorn blue to some park bench bum :dry: well, I won't be laughin'. Just kidding, I mean thx.

Also do you know how to do 16x16 icons? I'm kinda having a problem with getting proper 16x16 icons...they just keep resizing the 48pix ones which looks ridiculous. And small.

Something Else
01-28-2008, 12:06 AM
I can try. :smilie4:
But I keep losing this thread. :unsure:

Hairbautt
01-28-2008, 12:08 AM
You keep saying that. :eyebrows:

I've got a glow plugin for paint.NET that I'll try for the dialogue box. Still havn't figured out how to do small icons tho' :unsure:

'K that's a no-go on the glow :mellow: didn't do much at all.

Scratch the icons too/ they're set.

boodaddymac
01-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Here is the image I did. Also I am attaching the .PSD so you can open it up in photoshop and play with it...

Just double click on the outer glow filter under the text on the right in the layers panel. If you can't see the layers panel go to "Window" and select "Layers" hope this helps..... I have also adjusted the character size of the font to match "longhorn". So you can make "longhorn custom xp" bigger now if ya want to...

Skiz
01-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Well, the longhorn font is "Vrinda", but this is about as close as I could get it.

Duplicating the color and hue of a glow effect is tough.

Hairbautt
01-28-2008, 12:27 AM
:happy: Ah, I see what you did there. Thanks boodaddymac and Skizo. Didn't occur to me to just scrap all the font. Guess that's what benchez was talkin' bout/. :lol:

I'm gonna try to Capitalize the "l" and "c" this time 'roun.

Thanks, gents. :D

I think I've got my final bitmap done.

Barbarossa
01-28-2008, 11:03 AM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9771/longhorncustomxpyc6.jpg

Hairbautt
01-28-2008, 11:28 PM
'K Barbs kinda has the best.

Thanks guys! :wub:

Hairbautt
02-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Any of ya'll know how to edit an AVI?

These are the Vista copy/attribute/delete AVI's and all I want to do is change their color from the green to the blue of Longhorn (I forget which build).

Anyways know of any progs? I think I saw a WB skin that actually had these AVI's in blue, but not sure where to find...could take me ages so I'll start here.

Like this blue progress animation: http://r0under.deviantart.com/art/Aero-Diamond-Final-69663294 - Can't seem to extract the resource :blink:

:kiss: Benchez.