PDA

View Full Version : Vice City Help Please!

glombica
07-30-2003, 04:07 PM
hey,
alright i got the two bin files off kazaa.... FLT-VCA and FLT-VCB.... and i extracted the first bin file and hit setup.... everything goes well ... asks for me the installation location..and everything.... then like a third of the wa into installing... it gives me a catastrophic failure... and install wizard shuts down..... any way to fix this?????
could it be that i have to put it on a cd first?????

N£MO
07-30-2003, 04:55 PM
You should check both .bins with CDMage,for errors.

Kazaa is notorious for corrupt image files.

Busyman
07-30-2003, 06:04 PM
Hey numnuts there's already a Vice City Q&A THREAD USE IT! :angry:

Amarjit
07-30-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@30 July 2003 - 16:55

Yeah, if you want to get games then use either eMule, eMule Plus or Shareaza. They have built-in ICH (Intelligent Corruption Handling) which ensures that if it downloads a corrupt fragment of a file, it re-downloads it.

KaZaA has a high chance of corrupting CD images.

DrSpud
07-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Amarjit+30 July 2003 - 14:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amarjit @ 30 July 2003 - 14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-N£MO@30 July 2003 - 16:55

Yeah, if you want to get games then use either eMule, eMule Plus or Shareaza. They have built-in ICH (Intelligent Corruption Handling) which ensures that if it downloads a corrupt fragment of a file, it re-downloads it.

KaZaA has a high chance of corrupting CD images. [/b][/quote]
But if you can redownload the corrupt sectors with KCF (http://www.geocities.com/drspud11/), you don&#39;t need to put up with eMule/eDonkey/Shareaza&#39;s slowness. :)

Amarjit
07-31-2003, 11:00 AM
Yes, but it&#39;s better to fix the download as you are downloading, on beforehand, only to be sorry later, to find an unrepairable error ...

DrSpud
07-31-2003, 01:03 PM
Unrepairable? In my experiences, very few errors are unrepairable, and if you take the time to check your files for problems & fix them before burning, you won&#39;t be sorry later. But if you prefer eMule over Kazaa, go ahead and use it. I still prefer Kazaa for it&#39;s speed, although I have been using eMule lately for albums & rare files. :)