PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3

Dakin
07-30-2003, 09:18 PM
I d/led Warcraft 3 full ISO (723,459 kb) called:
Warcraft 3 - Reign Of Chaos.Razor 1911.ShareReactor.exe
What do I do with this(I dont have a CD Burner) and just opening it says it isnt a valid Win32 application. I copied and renamed it to just Warcraft3.exe and it gave the same thing. Do I have to somehow turn this into an ISO or BIN and use something like Clone CD to make it into and accesable(sp?) file to install it or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Xilo
07-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Take off the exe extension and put iso there instead. Then burn it as a cd image.

Dakin
07-30-2003, 10:23 PM
I dont have a CD burner so what do I use? I tried Daemon tools but every time I tried to execute the setup that you download My comp froze. What is another good one??

gbfan
07-31-2003, 01:00 AM
Alcohol 120% will mount a virtual drive also. B)

Dakin
07-31-2003, 01:03 AM
OK so I mounted the ISO as a cd rom using Alchohol 120% trial and I cant install it is and I tried copying it but 2 files are unable to be copyed war3.ico and one od the videos. In all 3 cases it says unable to read from drive make sure CD is in drive. Does this mean my file is corrupt or that Alchohol 120% Trial is not letting them be copied(on purpose or cus it sucks)? Ant help would be greatly appreciated.

gbfan
07-31-2003, 01:10 AM
Okay this is what I do. After the virtual drive is created, then I have the image file(i.e. .iso, .cue w/.bin) mounted to it. I just click on the virtual drive to run it. This should bring up the install screen as if it was a cd in an actual cd drive. Then you just run the install process. If then during the install process it gives you an error message something like cannot read from a file, make sure it is not being used, then I would guess that the file is corrupted. Hope this helps. ;)

Dakin
07-31-2003, 02:26 AM
I get an error with very little running(virus scanner and Firewall only).
This is what it looks like.

Data File Error

Setup cannot read a required data file. Your Warcraft III CD may not be in the CDROM drive. Please ensure that this disc is in the CDROM drive and press Retry. To cancel the operation, press Cancel.

F:\war3.mpq
Error 0x0000001E: The system cannot read from the specified device.
(FileUtil.cpp:816)

Retry Cancel

Upon pressing retry it pops up again instantly. Upon pressing cancel I get this.

Error

Setup was unable to copy the following file:
war3.mpq
Error 0x0000001E: The system cannot read from the specified device.
(C:\temp\02060lockit\Installer\Source\DiskUndo.cpp:240)

Operation Aborted.

OK

It gets about 2/3 of the way installing that file and about 1/4 of installing Warcraft 3 overall. Could it be copy protection that the trial of Alchohol 120% is stopping it from reading??

gbfan
07-31-2003, 02:35 AM
I would say its corrupted and you're gonna have to redownload it and start over. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :o