PDA

View Full Version : Which Is Better.. Nvidia Geforce 4 Mx 440 Agp 8x

brotherdoobie
07-30-2003, 09:21 PM
I just received the video card replacement for my old one that was toast.
The company that I bought my computer from gave me a Leadtek Winfast A180 DDR T video card which has the Nvidia Geforce MX 440 with AGP 8x Chipset.

My old card was also a Leadtek Winfast not sure of the model number?
but the chipset was a Nvidia Geforce 2 TI.

I am wondering if I received a card that equals my old one in performance?
I know both are old cards but its what I have to work with ;)

Peace brotherdoobie

booick76
07-30-2003, 10:06 PM
the nvidea geforce 5 fx 5200 8x agp is what I am running, 128mb ddr, very smooth, very fast card. I highly recommend it. And I got it for $90 which is a steal. I live in Arizona, but if there's a Fry's Electronics near you, that's where I got mine.

MagicNakor
07-30-2003, 11:10 PM
The GeForce 2 TI and GeForce 4 MX are basically identical cards.

:ninja:

mogadishu
07-30-2003, 11:11 PM
Can someone please make this a sticky or something. Or make a new topic, cus this question is asked almost every day.

brotherdoobie
07-31-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by mogadishu@30 July 2003 - 18:11
Can someone please make this a sticky or something. Or make a new topic, cus this question is asked almost every day.
I post in these forums every day awnsering peoples software and hardware
?'s..............It's not that big of a deal to help someone out is it? ;)

Besides I am not a big gamer,and I'm not up on the latest video cards.
If you read my post you would of seen that I wasn't asking for a review.
I am not buying the card my man, just looking to see if the company That I bought
my computer from was replacing my old video card that is toast with one that is of
equal value to honor my waranty. :rolleyes:

Peace brotherdoobie

brotherdoobie
07-31-2003, 12:28 AM
Thanks MagicNakor............ B)

Peace brotherdoobie

Pitbul
07-31-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by brotherdoobie@30 July 2003 - 17:26
well if u seem to post so much and answering peoples hardware questions dont u think u should have kinda known the answer to this question? also if u want to see which one is better u shouold look up reviews of these cards.

leolaw
07-31-2003, 02:06 AM
I am just curious about this, with the relase of Geforce4 Ti 4200 which is almost the same price of the Mx440 version, why do u wanna buy that?

I can see no significant advantage of using MX 440 instead of the Ti4200...

Unless you wanna buy the personal cniema version, then you must have to pick MX440.......

brotherdoobie
07-31-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by leolaw@30 July 2003 - 21:06
I am just curious about this, with the relase of Geforce4 Ti 4200 which is almost the same price of the Mx440 version, why do u wanna buy that?

I can see no significant advantage of using MX 440 instead of the Ti4200...

Unless you wanna buy the personal cniema version, then you must have to pick MX440.......
I am not buying either..... my video card crashed and is no longer working.
My computer is still under waranty for parts and labor.
I sent back my old video card which was a Geforce 2 TI and they sent me the Geforce MX 440 as a replacement.

I was wondering if both cards were of equal or similar value and performance
to see if I was receiving what I paid for when I bought my computer.

Peace brotherdoobie

brotherdoobie
07-31-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Pitbul+30 July 2003 - 20:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pitbul @ 30 July 2003 - 20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brotherdoobie@30 July 2003 - 17:26
well if u seem to post so much and answering peoples hardware questions dont u think u should have kinda known the answer to this question? also if u want to see which one is better u shouold look up reviews of these cards. [/b][/quote]
I did look at reviews,and I was still unsure about which one was better or if they were the pretty much the same cards.

These are older cards and finding information about them was kinda sketchy.
Alot of the reviews were for the latest and greatest cards as usual.
I figured I would go to game world and ask some of the gamers which was
better if any.

I figured this would not be a problem,since I have no problem awnsering ?&#39;s
for people who need help ;)

I am not a big gamer(I still play the shit out of my Nitendo 64..lol) and a old
Atari 2600 that I have,and a few PC games Like Deus EX.
So I am not quite hip to the differences in video cards.

So because I awnser software and hardware ?&#39;s I should know about the differences between all video cards? :huh:
I repair PC&#39;s on the side and am working on my MCSA certification,but I
am not an expert in Video cards.....LOL&#33;

I just think alot of people rather make smart-ass comments and not even read the actual post...................when it it would be nice to awnser peoples ?&#39;s sometimes.
I dont have a problem doing it for others as I said before.

I know you guys probaly get alot of people in here asking stupid ?&#39;s over and over again,and that can get annoying I&#39;m sure...........but that is usualy newbies,and newbies usualy don&#39;t know any better.
I am not a newbie and I try to help others and I was asking for the same .........cool?

Peace brotherdoobie

MagicNakor
07-31-2003, 04:10 AM
I&#39;m not really sure how anyone could think you were buying the card...when you said repeatedly that it was given to you. ;)

:ninja:

Busyman
07-31-2003, 04:23 AM
HHHHAAAAARRRRDDDDWWWAAARRREEE FUCKING WWWWOOORRRLLLDDD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

BONEHEAD :angry:

brotherdoobie
07-31-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@30 July 2003 - 23:23
HHHHAAAAARRRRDDDDWWWAAARRREEE FUCKING WWWWOOORRRLLLDDD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

BONEHEAD :angry:
Another useless littel boy who has nothing more constructive to add then a lame ass insult like bonehead........Go play with your toys instead of your littel prick :rolleyes:

Have a nice day boy ;)

Peace brotherdoobie :P

Schuler
07-31-2003, 04:54 AM
Well this could belong in hardware world but thats ok I&#39;ll forigve you =D.

Anyway like MagicNakor said they&#39;re basically the same chipset and the MX has no new special technology. For some reason Nvidia decided to try and trick everyone by marketing it with a Geforce4 label. Either way it is a step up overall. The 8xAGP is better and I&#39;m sure you benchmark better. It&#39;s no doubt a better card...but how much better is the case o_O. But whats funny is I had a Leadtek Winfast GeForce2 Pro and it crashed maybe 2 weeks ago? I&#39;ve had it for only almost two years, don&#39;t know what happened, but seems like the same company. I didn&#39;t have mine under warranty though so I had to go out (I chose Geforce4 Ti4200 64mb 8xAGP, good cheap buy for a card in case anyone is wondering)
:ph34r:

brotherdoobie
07-31-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Schuler@30 July 2003 - 23:54
Well this could belong in hardware world but thats ok I&#39;ll forigve you =D.

Anyway like MagicNakor said they&#39;re basically the same chipset and the MX has no new special technology. For some reason Nvidia decided to try and trick everyone by marketing it with a Geforce4 label. Either way it is a step up overall. The 8xAGP is better and I&#39;m sure you benchmark better. It&#39;s no doubt a better card...but how much better is the case o_O. But whats funny is I had a Leadtek Winfast GeForce2 Pro and it crashed maybe 2 weeks ago? I&#39;ve had it for only almost two years, don&#39;t know what happened, but seems like the same company. I didn&#39;t have mine under warranty though so I had to go out (I chose Geforce4 Ti4200 64mb 8xAGP, good cheap buy for a card in case anyone is wondering)
:ph34r:
Cool...........Thats what I was wondering and thanks for taking the time to awnser.
Yes I thought that was misleading naming it a Geforce 4 makes you think it&#39;s a better card then it is.

Peace brotherdoobie B)

PS and you have been very helpful :)

Keikan
07-31-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by booick76@30 July 2003 - 15:06
the nvidea geforce 5 fx 5200 8x agp is what I am running, 128mb ddr, very smooth, very fast card. I highly recommend it. And I got it for &#036;90 which is a steal. I live in Arizona, but if there&#39;s a Fry&#39;s Electronics near you, that&#39;s where I got mine.
There&#39;s one in Sacremento

BawA
07-31-2003, 06:31 AM
i have just bought Ge-Force mx 440 64mbDDR and ma all games works perfectlly even GTA:VC :lol:

and want my opinion never buy ATI, its shit

tHe LiNk
07-31-2003, 07:28 AM
What a coincidence&#33;

I only just installed a Gf4Mx 440 over a geforce 2 ti&#33; :o I have to say, it really varies on games and in different situations. Gf4mx&#39;s are pretty much a blend between geforce 4 and a geforce 2mx. Theres only a slightly better result, but i&#39;d expect it would be much better if i had a better cpu. Still disapointing though....

ZLOsiris
08-01-2003, 09:54 AM
from what i heard that the mx series is like the celeron ....compared to pentium..... thats what i hear... i opted for the geforce gts pro