PDA

View Full Version : Age Of Mythology

TheFilePirater
07-31-2003, 03:15 AM
sorry, not sure wat board to place this in, but in aom i try to direct ip with my friend but we cant seem to get it to work, im behind a linksys router, do i need to port foward or anything?

shadow master
07-31-2003, 03:20 AM
try disconnecting the router, reboot the computer power cycle the modem, and see if it works. If it does then you need to route some ports.

try running the game and doing a netstat

wienerschnitzel
07-31-2003, 03:36 AM
Connect to you router, in IE type 192.168.1.1 in the locations bar. Enter the password (proballyadmin if you haven't changed it). Click on the Security tab. Now under DMZ, change it to Enable and the put in your ip address. This should forward everything to your computer so you don' t need to look up any more ports.

The DMZ hosting feature allows one local user to be exposed to the Internet for use of a special-purpose service such as Internet gaming or videoconferencing. DMZ hosting forwards all the ports at the same time to one PC. The Port Forwarding feature is more secure because it only opens the ports you want to have opened, while DMZ hosting opens all the ports of one computer, exposing the computer so the Internet can see it.

Also this is for the linksys wireless G router. Not sure what to do on the others but it should be similar

TheFilePirater
07-31-2003, 06:52 PM
that DMZ thing dont work

TheFilePirater
07-31-2003, 07:16 PM
i did the direct connect wit my modem to pc and that works, i just need it to work wit the router

Dalegas
07-31-2003, 10:15 PM
I got tired of trying over and over again... i never got it to work right.....

TheFilePirater
08-01-2003, 01:32 AM
lol