PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Way To Split Iso Bin Cue

hellofriend
07-31-2003, 04:59 PM
hi there,
suppose i have splinter cell cd 2 and it is 700mb and my cd is only up to 650mb. This would mean that the cd2 would not fit.... is there a way to temporarily split the iso cue or whatever file it is into 2 peices and then have them like 350mb each so that u can stick them on 2 cds temporarily???

and if u can... how do u join them again afterwards....

thanks,.
nik

mogadishu
07-31-2003, 05:01 PM
Nope this is not possible unless you extract the data in the iso, put it on two cds, then join it together, create an iso and burn it on a 700mb cd. I would suggest using a virtual drive such as daemon tools, that way you don't have to burn it onto a cd.

hellofriend
07-31-2003, 05:02 PM
ok... so if i extract the files of an iso and put the files over 2 cds and them join them, will it not corrupt some files???

garretrevels
07-31-2003, 05:04 PM
just spend a dollar on a 80 min cdr...right?i dunno?

Bait Master
08-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Just download WinISO, Extract the BINs or ISOs onto your harddrive and run the install file right off the harddrive. No need to burn the files onto a CD or screw with cue files....

Nightwolf
08-01-2003, 04:13 AM
First of all, most new CD-R's can hold at least 700MB of data, and even a little more if your burner supports overburn. If your's are only 650MB, it might be time to buy some new ones. ;)

Second, just because a BIN or ISO file is more than 700MB doesn't mean it won't fit on a standard CD-R. If you open an image file with WinISO, it tells you how much data there is to burn, and it's usually less than the actual file size.

Very rarely will you download an image file that is too big to fit on a disc, but it does happen. For example, the Razor911 rip of Midnight Club 2 contains an image file that's over 800MB. WinISO says it's only 703MB of data, but hat's still too big to burn. So your options are a) use Nero to overburn the disc, or B) use WinISO to extract the 3MB folder called 'Crack' (which was added by Razor911) and resave the image file. Then it will burn just fine.