PDA

View Full Version : Help With Half-life

Bernardattic
07-31-2003, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone i recently moved house so i put everything from my halflife folder into a zip file and put it on disc as i also upgraded my opperating system but i have lost my origional half life disc now when i unzip my cd i cant re-install it is there any way to get my half life back from my zip file and up and running on my pc again ?

cheers for reading this is doing my head in i dont want to lose my saves boo hoo

Bernardattic

vash444
07-31-2003, 07:35 PM
Well, I dont't think that you can get Half-Life back from the folder that you zipped up. Try looking for a Iso or Bin and cue and burn a copy of HL, reinstall it and just copy your saved games to the newly installed HL.

Bernardattic
07-31-2003, 07:46 PM
i got it kind of working but it says my cd key is anvilid surely when i put it all on disc it should have saved my cd-key again there is no way i can get back origional disc so i cant use it and i dont know where to get an iso file of it from as most of them on kazaa are fakes any ideas on finding an iso for half life ?

cheers
Bernardattic

vash444
08-01-2003, 01:45 AM
When you saved Half-Life to the disc, it didn't save the cd-key because the cd-key is stored in the registry. As for the copy of the game, try going to suprnova.org and use bittorrent to download the copy they have there

Dalegas
08-01-2003, 02:20 AM
It takes ages to d/l

Bernardattic
08-01-2003, 05:16 AM
what are bittorent -supernova and edonkey like for spyware i dont fancy bargin buddy popping up every 5 minutes like i used to have

cheers
Bernardattic

CrackheadDan
08-01-2003, 05:18 AM
try reformating your PC 10 times, then unzip it, and reformat once more, and then try it again, it should work.

CadeLaguana
08-01-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by CrackheadDan@1 August 2003 - 06:18
try reformating your PC 10 times, then unzip it, and reformat once more, and then try it again, it should work.
Now thats one of the most useless posts I've ever heard...

Bernardattic
08-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by CrackheadDan@1 August 2003 - 05:18
erm ......i think not

any usefull suggestions ? what are the exact url's of the other good verified p2p sites i already know the url of e-donkey but im after supernova as i cant find it when i search google boo hoo

cheers in advance

woohoo
Bernardattic :rolleyes:

abu_has_the_power
08-01-2003, 02:09 PM
just go to suprnova.org
there's a lot of mirrors, so if the 1st time doesn't work, keep trying

Bernardattic
08-01-2003, 03:08 PM
:D ok cheers dude

Bernardattic
08-01-2003, 04:49 PM
nope i give up i cant find one single halflife iso my days of playing counter strike are over ..............
until i buy the game for £20
I cant believe that nobody on the whole of kazaa has got an iso of half-life that is just wierd
oh well thanks anyway

Bernardattic

Big_Boss
08-01-2003, 04:53 PM
Yeah is anyone having problems with the games section. for some reason i cant see it, all i see is a blank space.

Has anyone else had this. I cant see the PC games section at all

Any ideas? Cheers :D

Bernardattic
08-01-2003, 10:29 PM
I havent had any problems

the only problem i have is trying to find out where to get a halflife iso file from.
1)I cant find any on kazaa
2)if i can find it off bittorent im downloading at 0.07kb and thats not what i got broadband for
3)if there is a half-life iso out there can people share it ?
4)if not can some one make one as im sure im not the only person out there that wants it .

Cheers
Bernardattic

TNTIcemanTNT
08-01-2003, 11:44 PM
half life is in the golden classics selection....£5

imported_The__One
08-01-2003, 11:52 PM
you can get the Half life CLASS rip from kazaa, but not an iso....and also forget about bittorent, Half Life is too old for anyone to be seeding it. Your best shot for a working iso is emule. It's rater slow (10-20kbps) but at least you'll get the file.

Or you can just boy another copy...
half life is in the golden classics selection....£5 wich might be the better choice ;)

Bernardattic
08-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Buy ....a......copy..................... why would i do something as silly as that ?
i begrudge paying for the blank discs to put the software on never mind actually for a disc full of noughts and ones lol

woohoo
Bernardattic