PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 Burnin Im Am Newb

joel
08-01-2003, 04:35 PM
i juss got ma ps2 and i have alot of friends that have ps2 game i reely like i wanna burn them and play on ma ps2 i cant open ma console ma dad wood freak! "im only 13" so is there anyother way mod chips wont work i wanna is there any external mods or some trick that u mite do and do i have to have a dvd burnner? please hlp im poor and ma pops wood only buy me 2 gratest hits games thanx

slammy_dunken
08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
There's a guide on burning PS2 games here:
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=23582

Since you said that you just got a PS2, I'm guessing that your PS2 is either version 7 or 8. There so far isn't an external modchip that works with version 7 and 8 PS2s. There are no-solder modchips but you still need to crack your case open for that. If you want to play burned games on your PS2, I suggest that you wait for a while until an external modchip comes out that works with your PS2.

joel
08-01-2003, 07:38 PM
um im wanna know there is to no bout swapin with a boot disc and stuff like that
?
thanx

joel
08-01-2003, 07:39 PM
um im wanna know there is to no bout swapin with a boot disc and stuff like that
?
thanx

slammy_dunken
08-01-2003, 08:18 PM
It's been said that boot discs don't work with the newer PS2s, but I'm not sure if it's the truth. There is something called the MAgic Boot disc, and it works with some of the newer PS2s, but you need a no-solder modchip to run those.

joel
08-01-2003, 09:51 PM
is this good i dont think u need to open the ps2 (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tisinc99/ps2swmabocdv.html)

also this (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tisinc99/ps2maslbdisl.html)

thanx

slammy_dunken
08-01-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by joel@1 August 2003 - 15:51
is this good i dont think u need to open the ps2 (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tisinc99/ps2swmabocdv.html)
You still need to open the PS2 for that. If you wanted to get that, then you would have to change the PS2 case, which means opening your PS2.

also this (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tisinc99/ps2maslbdisl.html)
I don't know if the cog-knife (that black thing in the picture) works that well. There is a site that tells you how to make a cog-knife yourself, so you could save money by just getting the Magic Boot Disc.

striker111
08-23-2003, 02:46 AM
it work and is mega ezzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now for the fun part (and challenging part the first couple of times)
This may sound a little complicated at first, but after you do it 3 or 4
times, it’s supper easy. First things first, you must remove the front of your game drive on your PS2(not a big deal, it can snap on and off).
Now insert your gameshark 2 cd(make sure the gameshark memory
card is in one of the 2 slots, doesn’t matter which one.)
In the gameshark options, choose “start game”, then “without”. Your screen should read “Please insert game disk then press X to continue.”
Now this part can be trickey for beginners, so I will provide pictures
-the main purpose of this starting method is to open up the PS2 and
swap the gameshark disk with your burned game without the PS2
knowing you did it. DO NOT press the eject button on the PS2!!!
-with the PS2 cd tray cover removed, you will be able to look in and see a while tab inside the PS2. With a credit card (or something like it) gently slide the white tab all the way over to the right, if you did it correctly, this should allow you to manually pull open the PS2 cd tray.
5) Next, take the gameshark disk out of the PS2 and put in your burned
game.
Gently push the PS2 cd tray fully back into the PS2 (Don’t press the
eject button).
Now you need to slide that white tab all the way back to the left (its
origional position). To do this you get a strong papper clip(needs to be a strong one) stick it into the PS2 on the right side of the white tab and push the tab back to the left.
If you pushed the tab all the way back to the left and did every thing
else right, you are ready to play your game. Just press X on your PS2 controler and watch as your burned game loads. ( It may load slower than an original game, depending on the cd-r you are using, I use Verbatim cd-r’s and have no problems.)

striker111
08-23-2003, 02:48 AM
by the this dont work with kalisto game unless u have a nomod for it

Gre1
08-23-2003, 02:51 AM
If I may add this is the wrong section.

Cygnuz-Y
08-23-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by striker111@23 August 2003 - 02:46
it work and is mega ezzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now for the fun part (and challenging part the first couple of times)
This may sound a little complicated at first, but after you do it 3 or 4
times, it’s supper easy. First things first, you must remove the front of your game drive on your PS2(not a big deal, it can snap on and off).
Now insert your gameshark 2 cd(make sure the gameshark memory
card is in one of the 2 slots, doesn’t matter which one.)
In the gameshark options, choose “start game”, then “without”. Your screen should read “Please insert game disk then press X to continue.”
Now this part can be trickey for beginners, so I will provide pictures
-the main purpose of this starting method is to open up the PS2 and
swap the gameshark disk with your burned game without the PS2
knowing you did it. DO NOT press the eject button on the PS2!!!
-with the PS2 cd tray cover removed, you will be able to look in and see a while tab inside the PS2. With a credit card (or something like it) gently slide the white tab all the way over to the right, if you did it correctly, this should allow you to manually pull open the PS2 cd tray.
5) Next, take the gameshark disk out of the PS2 and put in your burned
game.
Gently push the PS2 cd tray fully back into the PS2 (Don’t press the
eject button).
Now you need to slide that white tab all the way back to the left (its
origional position). To do this you get a strong papper clip(needs to be a strong one) stick it into the PS2 on the right side of the white tab and push the tab back to the left.
If you pushed the tab all the way back to the left and did every thing
else right, you are ready to play your game. Just press X on your PS2 controler and watch as your burned game loads. ( It may load slower than an original game, depending on the cd-r you are using, I use Verbatim cd-r’s and have no problems.)
So this works without Modchip and runs DVD backups too?

Adster
08-23-2003, 04:15 AM
I wish their was a easier way with just a simple boot disk where can u get that magical boot disk from???? f*ck if im going to open my PS2 up its not worht it to f*ck it up