PDA

View Full Version : Dvds

neil1967
08-02-2003, 01:04 AM
has anyone watched their fave movie with the commentary on? did you find out how they did that scene you love? if so you too are an anorak. what was the scene, what was the movie, who directed it, was the commentary any good?
lets hear it if you can be arsed. :)
the best i've seen(and heard)was monty python and the holy grail, two seperate commentarys, one by both directors and one by cleese idle and palin.

paris,texas commentary by director wim wenders, lots of technical and creative insight. tells in great detail the tale of the two way mirror scene(one of my faves)set in the seedy club, if you know the movie you'll know what i mean. if not i recomend a viewing. it's got nastassja kinski in it you know! :)

mogadishu
08-02-2003, 01:10 AM
yea i saw the holy grail with commentary as well, though i didnt pay much attention to it.

neil1967
08-02-2003, 01:16 AM
seems pretty pointless then dont you think :lol: lets face it you cant realy watch the movie while the commentary is running :blink:

chalice
08-02-2003, 01:28 AM
I've watched Pink Floyd's The Wall with Roger Waters and Gerald Scarfe doing a commentary.
It's interesting but profoundly dissappointing, inthat a lot of the things that I thought was intentional (and so amazing) were actually co-incidental.
Depends what you're on, I suppose.
If I'm wasted, I'll just watch the normal version.
Speaking of which.....Cheers Neil B)

neil1967
08-02-2003, 01:56 AM
i'm itching to know now chalice, what you thought was so amazing and intentional
but turned out to be co-incidental, also what were you on so i can throw that into the equation. ps dont reply until you're straight, i take it from your reply that a shandy or two has been quaffed, enjoy the movie :)